The Houston Chronicle now brings credible, in-depth, award-winning journalism, with extensive coverage in politics, sports, entertainment, and more in a redesigned and reimagined experience for your iOS devices.
The Houston Chronicle app gives you access to all news anytime, anywhere. Whether it’s news in your neighborhood, Harris County, the great state of Texas, the U.S. or the world, if it impacts you, count on us to keep you informed. And with topic-specific push alerts, you can opt-in to the coverage that matters most to you.
• Up-to-the-minute breaking news from our Pulitzer Prize award-inning newsroom
• Top headlines you can browse or select to read in full so you are always in-the-know
• Get the news you want as it breaks by opting in for push notifications
• Access to Texas Sports Nation, the premier online destination created for the Houston sports superfan, chock-full of exclusive insider access you will not find anywhere else.
• Share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and email
• OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access, 24/7, for just $5.99 a month (first 2 weeks are FREE) by subscribing within the app itself. Otherwise, if you are a Digital or Print subscriber you can log in to the app for full access. Simply use your website login.
• PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase and will automatically renew each month unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of your monthly period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase • Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/terms_of_use/
• FEEDBACK: Tell us what you think! Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback. We welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Small bug fixes and more elegant error handling
Ratings and Reviews
At least it works.....
The old app did not work at all.....it jus froze a lot and never loaded. My guess is that instead of trying to fix the old one, they just scrapped it and started over with a very simple one. At least you can read some articles with this version, which I couldn’t before. I had given up on the ap, but now at least I can read some. I’m hoping they’ll slowly ad features.
Hate the new app
This app just keeps getting worse and worse. The majority of the stories are days old and it never contains the latest news. For example, yesterday’s paper had nothing about the government shutdown while it was the main headline on the print edition. There were several front page stories yesterday in the print edition that were nowhere to be found in the app edition. This morning, the same thing until scrolling down to the bottom where there is a section called “Latest News” that had some of the stories from the headlines of the print edition. But why would this be put down at the bottom instead of what you see when you open the app? I assume these newspaper apps are trying to make things as simple and cheap as possible on their end, but it is not helping the consumer. I subscribe to the e-print version. My husband relies on the app. I tell him that he is constantly in the dark as the app is always old news.
New application is not good
This new application isn’t as good as the old one. There are less pictures and the front page is not inviting at all. Also, the obituaries have eliminated the pictures and put everything in alphabetical order. The latest date should at least be on top so you don’t have to dig through a bunch of names to see the latest. Bring back the pictures!
There are many other negatives to this new application, too many to name.
Need to go back to the drawing board on this one. Or, go back to the old application which was much better than this one!
- Hearst Newspapers LLC
- 31.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2015 Hearst Newspapers, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Houston Chronicle for iPad $5.99
- Houston Chronicle for iPad $59.99
- Houston Chronicle $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.