With "HoverSee for Safari" you can simply hover your mouse over images or links to enlarge photos & videos in the Safari web browser. A brief description is displayed with the preview when available.
Types of Enhanced Content:
• Thumbnail Images
• Links to image galleries
• Links to videos services
• Direct links to images & videos
• Links to any website
• Alt-Space : Opens the Page Overview, displaying all the images/links HoverSee detects as being zoomable
• Control-Alt : Hold this while mousing over links to force HoverSee to attempt zooming
• Command: Hold this key to temporarily hide HoverSee
After Purchase/Download: Open the HoverSee app. Follow instructions to complete install and enable the extension in Safari.
• New: Major rewrite of Settings management to support future development. Settings will now open as a new tab in Safari.
• New: Domain Blacklist for Auto Zoom
• New: Settings Import/Export, in the "Transfer" tab of Settings page
• Improved Page Overview to detect more content
• Improved Support for: shopgoodwill.com, reddit.com, imgur.com and other sites
• Fix: HoverSee now works when page does not have active focus (fixes occasional problem of needing to click page to use HoverSee)
• Fix: Toolbar icon in Safari 14
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Missing site exemption
This is one of the most useful utilities. Apple messed up everything when they broke a bunch of extensions so they could control everything. This *new* version works the same as the old version, but it's missing the ability to exempt sites. This makes browsing shopping sites very annoying. If they would add this feature back in, I would gladly give five stars
Developer Response ,
This is planned for a future release. Appreciate the feedback and continued support!
Great Extension, used for years
I've used the legacy version for years, one of my most used Safari extensions. So when Apple broke them I felt it was fair to pay for the development of the extension going forward (plus I didn't want to live without it). I read the negative reviews and the developer's response that features are being added. I've found this to be true. At this point Hoversee seems to be working exactly as is was in the free version except I can't exempt a domain. Hopefully this feature will be added back shortly.
I had an extension similar to this a few years back and used it all the time, but I couldn't find it again. So I bought this one and it is pointless. It barely supports any previews, so it's basically useless. Not worth it at all.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.