With "HoverSee for Safari" you can simply hover your mouse over images or links to enlarge photos & videos in the Safari web browser. A brief description is displayed with the preview when available.
Types of Enhanced Content:
• Thumbnail Images
• Links to image galleries
• Links to videos services
• Direct links to images & videos
• Links to any website
• Alt-Space : Opens the page overview, displaying all the images/links HoverSee detects as being zoomable
• Control-Alt : Hold this while mousing over links to force HoverSee to attempt zooming
• Command: Hold this key to temporarily hide HoverSee
New in 4.0:
• Rewritten and now on the Mac App Store!
• Spiffy new logo
• Supported Again: gfycat.com, Facebook.com (Photos)
• Added: frinkiac.com, twitch.tv, and more
••• Notice to users upgrading from "HoverSee Safari Extension" •••
"HoverSee for Safari" is a major rewrite of Side Tree's older "HoverSee Safari Extension". Future releases will strive to implement more of the previous feature set.
• Fix: Bug related to Facebook support
• Fix: Issue where Maximize Key (Shift) would engage maximize even when Hide Key (Command) was held
Ratings and Reviews
Great Extension, used for years
I've used the legacy version for years, one of my most used Safari extensions. So when Apple broke them I felt it was fair to pay for the development of the extension going forward (plus I didn't want to live without it). I read the negative reviews and the developer's response that features are being added. I've found this to be true. At this point Hoversee seems to be working exactly as is was in the free version except I can't exempt a domain. Hopefully this feature will be added back shortly.
I could not live without this App., it was recently updated for the 5K screens and is really amazing!!!
Not worth the money
Serious downgrade from the formerly free version. Many of the stated features do not work properly or at all. Doesn't work on numerous websites. Developer doesn't respond to emails through their website. Very disappointing.
Developer Response ,
Sorry you are dissatisfied. If you can please write to sidetree.com/contact with the sites you've had problems on this can get looked into. There isn't always time to respond to all feedback, but it does get taken into account. Thank you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.