With "HoverSee for Safari" you can simply hover your mouse over images or links to enlarge photos & videos in the Safari web browser. A brief description is displayed with the preview when available.
Types of Enhanced Content:
• Thumbnail Images
• Links to image galleries
• Links to videos services
• Direct links to images & videos
• Links to any website
• Alt-Space : Opens the page overview, displaying all the images/links HoverSee detects as being zoomable
• Control-Alt : Hold this while mousing over links to force HoverSee to attempt zooming
• Command: Hold this key to temporarily hide HoverSee
New in 4.0:
• Rewritten and now on the Mac App Store!
• Spiffy new logo
• Supported Again: gfycat.com, Facebook.com (Photos)
• Added: frinkiac.com, twitch.tv, and more
••• Notice to users upgrading from "HoverSee Safari Extension" •••
"HoverSee for Safari" is a major rewrite of Side Tree's older "HoverSee Safari Extension". Future releases will strive to implement more of the previous feature set.
It is highly recommended that users upgrading from the older "HoverSee Safari Extension" manually backup their legacy settings before upgrading, so the settings can be imported in a future release.
How to backup settings from "HoverSee Safari Extension":
( 1 ) Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions > HoverSee > Click the checkbox labeled "Click Here to Open Settings"
( 2 ) At the "HoverSee Safari Extension" settings page, go to the Advanced section, and click "Export Settings", save the settings in a safe place for future use
* Fix: Reddit (i.reddit.com, old.reddit.com, v.reddit.com, etc.)
* Fix: Retina mode : No longer scales down videos/frames
* Fix: Wrong images getting zoomed when moving mouse quickly or when content loading slowly
* Fix: Videos not unmutting as they should when maximizing
* Various bug fixes
* Update interface for Dark Mode on macOS 10.14 and later
Ratings and Reviews
Not worth the money
Serious downgrade from the formerly free version. Many of the stated features do not work properly or at all. Doesn't work on numerous websites. Developer doesn't respond to emails through their website. Very disappointing.
Biggest waste of money
I have used the old version of HoverSee for a while, and although it had its problems, I thought it worked reasonably well.
However, I have just purchased this new version on the Mac App Store, and I absolutely hate it. It barely works and seems to remember links (when I hover over a new link it shows an old one). It is horrible to use, and probably my worst ever purchase. Basically all the advanced settings to customize the user experience are gone. I will never use this app.
System: Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.14.4
Browser: Version/12.1 Safari/605.1.15
Developer Response ,
Sorry you've had such a frustrating experience. The issue with wrong images loading is being looked at, and the old features are being released as they're rewritten. There are a number of settings in the HoverSee app.
It would be helpful if you could use the contact form at SideTree.com to provide examples of sites where the wrong-images issue is occurring, and the advanced features you'd like to see.
I hope that future updates will rectify your concerns.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.