A COMPLETE TAKEDOWN AND TOP POSITION GAMEPLAN THAT WORKS AGAINST BIGGER, STRONGER OPPONENTS
This is the sixth app in the How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent series.
This series is designed to give you the techniques and strategies that are especially effective against opponents who are much bigger, stronger, and more muscular than you. You'll also learn how to stay safe and avoid injury on the mats when rolling with heavier grapplers.
In this sixth app, Takedowns and Top Position Gameplan, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belts Brandon 'Wolverine' Mullins and Stephan Kesting work together to give you a complete gameplan for going from a standing position to finishing your opponent on the ground with devastatingly effective submissions.
You'll learn Brandon's competition-proven techniques and strategies for preventing your opponent from being able to control you, getting your grips on your feet, taking your opponent down, passing his guard, getting to a dominant position, and submitting him with chokes and joint locks.
ABOUT BRANDON AND STEPHAN
Brandon Mullins is a BJJ black belt based out of Houston Texas. A very active competitor, Brandon has tested himself in well over 200 competition matches at BJJ, no-gi submission grappling, and Judo tournament compiling a phenomenal record, both with and without the gi: he's won gold medals at the Black Belt division at the No-Gi World Championships… And multiple gold medals in the Advanced division at Grappler’s Quest… And medals at the Mundials, the Pan-Ams, the US Open, and the Gracie World’s.
Stephan Kesting is a BJJ black belt, and a Combat Submission Wrestling instructor. He has been training in the striking, grappling, and weapons-oriented martial arts for over 30 years. A master teacher, he has helped thousands of grapplers improve their skills through his instructional apps, DVDs, online videos and articles at his flagship website Grapplearts.com.
* 2 hours, 30 minutes
* Professionally filmed and edited
* Complete menus for easy navigation
* Create a list of your favourite sections and exercises using the one-click 'favourite' button
* Download the entire app to your phone or iPad; an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
* BONUS: 'The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu' book for free!
1. The Power of Gameplans
2. Gripping and First Move Stategy
3. Gripping vs Matched Lead
4. Drop Sode Tsurikomigoshi
5. Sode to Kouchi Gari
6. Arm Drag to Kouchi Gake
7. Gripping vs Unmatched Lead
8. Cross Grip to Kouchi Gari
9. Cross Grip to Sumi Gaeshi
10. Safety Position in Closed Guard
11. Knee in Middle Pass
12. Passing the Half Guard
13. Debugging the Half Guard Pass
14. Kneecut vs Half Butterfly
15. Cartwheel Pass vs Half Butterfly
16. The ‘Psych’ Pass vs Half Butterfly
17. Kneeswitch Pass vs Half Guard
18. Passing the Z Guard Part 1
19. Passing the Z Guard Part 2
20. Finalizing the Guardpass vs Explosive Bridging
21. Stabilizing the Sidemount, & Best Submissions from Sidemount
22. Kneeslide from Sidemount to Mount
23. Legswing from Sidemount to Mount
24. Maintaining the Mount
25. Rolling Armbar Attack vs Bridge and Push
26. Triangle vs Hip Wrap and Bump
27. Rear Mount Attacks
Updates for iOS 11 and changes to support new upcoming app platform.
Ratings and Reviews
A good value
This app initially caught my eye due to the z guard pass and takedowns. I always love learning more takedown options and passing z guard is something I am working on.
Brandon's instruction is clear and detailed, yet he doesn't ramble for to long. I feel the takedowns section is a accessible for folks even w/o judo exp. I have had good success with both of the z guard passing options so far.
I have not had time to dive into the rest of the lessons yet, but I am sure I will find them just as good. I like how tournament footage is included as well
Brandon Mullins and Stephan Kesting love to teach and it's evident in this series. The takedown and top position app does a good job of explaining some fundamental BJJ principles through the various techniques. Plus you gotta love watching these techniques put to use in the video clips from actual matches. Thank you for the great resource!
- Grapplearts Enterprises Inc.
- 783 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Grapplearts Enterprises Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.