★ Oscar Nomination for Best Animated Film
★ Featured by Apple in "Staff Favorites" for 2010
★ Featured by Apple in "What's Hot" and "New & Noteworthy" for 2010
Also available, “How To Train Your Dragon Mix & Match Book” in the App Store.
iStoryTime brings the adventures of Vikings and dragons to the convenience of your iPhone/iPad/iPod® touch in this entertaining kid’s book application based on the DreamWorks Animation movie, “How To Train Your Dragon.”
- Includes real images from the motion picture “How To Train Your Dragon”
- Includes character audio from the movie “How To Train Your Dragon”
- Offers Automatic Navigation and Narration options for ease of use
- Offers Highlighted Text to help early readers make associations between the words they hear and see
- SmarTots integration: SmarTots provides learning reports and mobile education app reviews that help parents understand what their children are learning. Signing up for SmarTots also gives parents access to fun activities that enhance the educational value of mobile education apps like this one. Click the Parent Button inside this app to get these great features
ABOUT THIS STORY
From the studio that brought you Shrek, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda comes “How To Train Your Dragon.” Set in the mythical world of burly Vikings and wild dragons, and based on the book by Cressida Cowell, the action comedy tells the story of Hiccup, a Viking teenager who doesn’t exactly fit in with his tribe’s longstanding tradition of heroic dragon slayers. Hiccup’s world is turned upside down when he encounters a dragon that challenges him and his fellow Vikings to see the world from an entirely different point of view.
Narrated by Bradley Hughes
Jay Baruchel as Hiccup (voice)
We hope you and your child enjoy iStoryTime books. We'd love to hear your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
iStoryTime - an interactive storytelling experience delivered to the convenience of your mobile device - features a series of illustrated and narrated books created by parents for kids.
iStoryTime books have been highlighted in the New York Times, LA Times, CBS Early Show, theiPhoneMom.com, CNET and is decorated with PTPA Media’s Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal of Approval and the Children's Technology Review's Editor's Choice Award.
With over 100 titles to choose from including favorites such as Penguins of Madagascar, Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Peter Pan and Binky the Pink Elephant, iStoryTime books are an excellent tool for both educating and entertaining children ages two years and up. Our storybooks can be enjoyed in several different modes ranging from automatic to manual, depending upon the development and preferences of the user.
For additional information, visit www.istorytime.com.
Please CHECK OUT THE LIBRARY OF iStoryTime BOOKS (sold separately) at www.istorytime.com
Other Books by DreamWorks:
- Kung Fu Panda 2
- Shrek Forever After
- How To Train Your Dragon Mix & Match Book
Other Favorite Stories:
- The Penguins of Madagascar
- Binky the Pink Elephant
Recommended Ages: 3-7
Related Topics: kids books, kids entertainment, education, reading, fun, kids travel apps
STAY IN TOUCH! Be the first to know when we launch new Apps.
* Like us on FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/istorytime
* Subscribe to videos on YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/istorytime
* Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/istorytime
- Updated for iPad Retina!
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful pictures, nice text, but that's all
I am a big fan of the movie. This app, though, could just as well be a paper book with an audio recording. There is no animation. The story is told well, and the images are beautiful. But as a digital book, it is very plain, especially compared to How Rocket Learned to Read, by Random House Children's Books.
Wish it was interactive
How to Train Your Dragon is my 4 y.o. nephews favorite movie. I got this app for him thinking it would be one he would use over and over. He enjoys it, but has not used it as frequently as I hoped. He enjoys apps that are more interactive. This one is just a read-along.
Where is the sound
The pictures and story were great but there was no sound. I have bought apps from them in the past and they have had sound but for some reason this one does not. I hope the people who made this will hear this review and give me the 2.99 I paid for this app put back on my Apple ID. I do not think that an app with no sound deserves to cost 2.99. I hope the people who made this app will hear this message.
Thanks for listening.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- iStoryTime, Inc.
- 34.9 MB
- Requires iOS 3.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 3.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 3.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 DreamWorks Animation L.L.C.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.