HOWL is a simple vocoder/synthesizer. It uses formants to simulate the human voice and a pitch-space keyboard to help you find interesting melodies.
• Simple synthesizer (just a sawtooth wave nothing too complicated okay)
• Simple vocoder (four parallel bandpass filters, a bit like the Klatt engine)
• Audiobus support, so you can pipe your own audio through the vocoder and/or send the output to other software
• Adjustable pitch-space keyboard
• Cool FX (bitcrush, reverb, vibrato and tremolo)
Download it today!
HOWL is also open source (check out the code at https://github.com/dclelland/HOWL).
iOS 11 support
Ratings and Reviews
Plays well with AUM and Audioshare (Audioshare being a source). Just don't forget to play (and/or lock) it while filtering and turn the knobs down a bit so you can hear your source audio coming in. Very excited to further mangle more sound experiments.
Really a thrill to use with all the modulation options at your fingertips on an iPad. Phenomenal touchscreen UI. I'm about to record a particularly grimey slurry of vowels and use that audio as the modulator for ableton's vocoder. It's gonna be funnnn....
A brilliant little formant synth app
Ok so this is (at least at the moment) free, so you could just download it and give it a try. It's a formant synth, two large areas for note/pitch and controlling vowels. You can definitely get that low Mongol voice sound thing going on with this. Great stuff.
I do wish this had Audiobus and/or IAA as it is such a great little synth and kinda deserves some AB/IAA love (pls dev?:)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.