For pediatricians or PCPs looking to improve HPV vaccine rates, communication is key. In this app, you will practice techniques to introduce and discuss the vaccine with parents and young patients, including those who may be hesitant to immunize.
HPV vaccines are one of the safest and most effective vaccines with a huge potential to save lives, yet have one of the lowest usage rates. HPV Vaccine: Same Way, Same Day™ is a role-play simulation where you play the role of a pediatrician and engage in a series of practice conversations with a virtual family. Through these scenarios, you will learn how to:
- Introduce the vaccine in the same way and on the same day as other vaccines
- Confidently recommend the vaccine
- Effectively answer questions about effectiveness and safety
In your practice, you may encounter parents who seem hesitant about the HPV vaccine. Using techniques drawn from Motivational Interviewing, you will practice shared decision-making with families by asking open-ended questions, reflecting their concerns, showing empathy, and respectfully sharing information. By following these techniques, your trusted opinion can overcome a parent’s hesitation about the HPV vaccine for their child.
- Learn about the HPV vaccine and strategies for broaching it with parents.
- Engage in a series of simulated role-play conversations with a fully animated parent and her child, while receiving personalized feedback from a virtual coach.
- Access resources about HPV vaccinations and motivational interviewing.
HPV Vaccine: Same Way Same Day was developed by the Academic Pediatric Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and Kognito™.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Update the application description text
Ratings and Reviews
As a parent of five, now knowing techniques like this exist I will NEVER give my child another vaccination. I now have zero faith in my doctor’s “advice” regarding vaccinations. I am telling all the parents I know and putting this revelation on social media. HPV vaccine has harmed multitudes and those responsible will one day be held accountable
Against hypocratic oath!
Shameful, lacks informed consent of VERY serious side effects from this including documentation of death! Most cases of hpv cure on their own. Its NOT communicable in public settlings. It is very treatable with little to know physical harm, unlike the vaccine! Stop pushing dangerous drugs and vaccines with serious side effects!!!
That’s A No
If the HPV vaccine was so great people wouldn’t be so hesitant to take it. “One of the safest” ?! Give me a break. An app like this just further confirms a growing distrust of physicians and vaccines. Listen to parents so you can UNDERSTAND. This app is only teaching you to listen to RESPOND.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kognito Solutions LLC
- 68.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Academic Pediatric Association and American Academy of Pediatrics in collaboration Kognito™