For pediatricians or PCPs looking to improve HPV vaccine rates, communication is key. In this app, you will practice techniques to introduce and discuss the vaccine with parents and young patients, including those who may be hesitant to immunize.
HPV vaccines are one of the safest and most effective vaccines with a huge potential to save lives, yet have one of the lowest usage rates. HPV Vaccine: Same Way, Same Day™ is a role-play simulation where you play the role of a pediatrician and engage in a series of practice conversations with a virtual family. Through these scenarios, you will learn how to:
- Introduce the vaccine in the same way and on the same day as other vaccines
- Confidently recommend the vaccine
- Effectively answer questions about effectiveness and safety
In your practice, you may encounter parents who seem hesitant about the HPV vaccine. Using techniques drawn from Motivational Interviewing, you will practice shared decision-making with families by asking open-ended questions, reflecting their concerns, showing empathy, and respectfully sharing information. By following these techniques, your trusted opinion can overcome a parent’s hesitation about the HPV vaccine for their child.
- Learn about the HPV vaccine and strategies for broaching it with parents.
- Engage in a series of simulated role-play conversations with a fully animated parent and her child, while receiving personalized feedback from a virtual coach.
- Access resources about HPV vaccinations and motivational interviewing.
HPV Vaccine: Same Way Same Day was developed by the Academic Pediatric Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and Kognito™.
Update the application description text
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great for Nazis
Let’s rename this App “Hitlers: For the greater good.” In this App, we will learn how to commit the equivalent of war crimes on children to get kick backs from the pharmaceutical companies. Completion of course will achieve a one way ticket to hell.
- Kognito Solutions LLC
- 68.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Academic Pediatric Association and American Academy of Pediatrics in collaboration Kognito™
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.