With Hudl Sideline, American football teams can record and review every play in a matter of seconds. Multiple angles are shared and stored over a secure, wireless network, giving coaches and athletes total access from the press box and the sideline. Use it to analyze performance for critical in-game adjustments.
- Teams will now receive system status alerts when necessary while recording or viewing.
- Improvements to the System Status page make getting back to the game faster than ever.
- Teams can now see the complete status of all devices connected to their Sideline network.
Ratings and Reviews
I am a college student who helped my high school football team with their HUDL Sideline system last and this year. It was very effective and simple to use. Some suggestions I would suggest is
1. Be able to move the external camera view on the iPad. On many occasions it would be in the way and it was a guess to see what was being filmed.
2. Be able to change the ODK after the play is record. Sometimes a mistake would be made and it would be easier just to change on the recording iPad rather than online.
3. Have a way delete and/or edit certain plays. Pre snap penalties/ or no huddle teams that take a long time to snap the ball either wasted a play or made the recording very long.
4. Zoom on the side of the screen rather than the bottom. Easier to change while holding the iPad instead of pinching.
Overall I really enjoyed this system. It was simple and the coaches loved it and so did the players.
Great to use
Has been great for our football team use on game nights. One of the best things I like about this app is that it is a Hudl product. It integrates very well with our Hudl system that we purchased already. After the game we are able to upload the sideline and Endzone we captured and they are automatically intercut. This can save you a lot of time and hassle trying than trying to use another product and trying to bring it into Hudl. What we found out that helps out the most is that you have the most up-to-date iPads on both ends especially the one up in the box. We have the premium version and we have been fortunate not to have any major issues. I would highly recommend this to any football team looking to get film and get it sent down to the sidelines for the players and coaches to review. The livestream feature we get up in the press box can also be beneficial for coaches to use presnap.
Good tool but...
Great tool (when it works)! But what about in-app play labeling, not just flagging? For me, it gets very confusing when trying to remember which play was which that I flagged--takes precious time on the sidelines away.
- Agile Sports Technologies
- 254 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Agile Sports Technologies, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.