Record. Analyze. Improve.
Athletes and coaches in more than 40 sports use Hudl Technique to improve through slow motion video analysis. Use your iPhone, iTouch or iPad camera to record and break down your technique for instant feedback during a practice, race or game. Analyze your baseball swing in super slow motion, compare your tennis serve side-by-side to a pro’s, or study your long jump frame by frame. With Hudl Technique, you can improve at any sport.
Download Hudl Technique for free and start improving today.
RECORD AND MANAGE:
* Record HD video up to 240 FPS (if supported by device).
* Import video from camera roll, email or apps such as Dropbox.
* Download reference videos from the Hudl Technique community.
* Organize and browse your videos by technique and athlete.
* Use Favorites for easy access to frequently used videos.
* Playback in multiple slow motion speeds and frame-by-frame.
* Zoom and pan videos for access to every detail.
* Use drawing tools to measure or highlight form.
* Compare two videos, stacked or side-by-side.
* Synchronize comparison videos for a more effective evaluation.
* Create video voice-overs on single or comparison videos.
* Add drawings and audio commentary to voice-overs.
* Track and compare athlete progress over time.
* Use Airplay or HDMI/VGA connectors to mirror to a big-screen for group settings.
* Create and manage your team or clients.
* Import contacts from your address book or Facebook.
* Organize your videos and reviews by team member or client.
* Coming soon: Roster integration for all Hudl teams.
* Share HD videos with athletes, coaches or friends directly from the app.
* Post to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Dropbox.
* Upload shared videos in background while using the app.
* Export to camera roll and 3rd party apps.
* Watch and download drills from coaches.
* Use library of pro athlete videos to compare techniques.
* Browse user profiles and engage with them in Hudl Technique or on Twitter.
* Create your own profile to be discovered by others in the community.
* View videos shared by other members and give encouragement.
* Share your own video to get peer feedback.
▶ "This software allows us to post video that our athletes can watch and learn from, regardless of where in the world they are training."
— Tuffy Latour, USA Skeleton National Team Head Coach
▶ "I bought my iPad solely because I wanted to use [Hudl Technique], and I have it with me for every single training session."
— Joey Mantia, USA Speed Skating Athlete and multiple world champion in inline skating
▶ "This is a great app for me. I use it to show my high school hurdlers where they have errors in their technique and we have used it to help several kids improve their technique"
— Bob Dahl, High School Track Coach
▶ "[Hudl Technique] is an exceptional app! It is an invaluable tool in our performance lab for assessing body mechanics and postural alignment for our athletes."
— Tom Scotto, USA Cycling Elite Level Coach
▶ "Not only is [Hudl Technique] a free app, but it is the most intuitive app I have ever worked with. It has completely changed the way I analyze and communicate with my campers and pupils."
— Jesse Hubbard, USA Lacrosse Hall of Famer and former MLL All-Star
Fix: Some imported videos wont playback after review
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great sports video app
I am new to Hudl Technique but really like it so far. I would like to be able to add multiple Technique Tags for longer clips, but I have only been able to add a single tag. I also think they should add Parent in addition to Coach and Athlete since we registered and manage clips for a younger athlete.
Overall, it is a great tool, taking less storage and is much faster at starting a recording, or deleting one, than the standard iPhone video camera.
Use it all the time!!!
I love this app for working with students on their approaches or league bowlers who are struggling, and even more.....on myself!! Showing someone what they're doing is worth more than a thousand words!! They've never watched themselves bowl! I love the "compare" function that allows me to show them their old and new motions (or myself)! They see the changes on screen right there!! I can show it to them either side by side, or blended over the top of each other. (Though blended isn't very clear at times).
My only real wish....why should I have to upgrade just to save when I've "compared" and want to keep what I set up? I have to redo the setup with the two videos, align them again, get the timing in sync, every time I have to get out of there. Unless I upgrade I can't save! I use all the functions, but don't want to pay for something I won't be using, that should not be a big thing to keep away from the users like me technology wise! For the people that need more, upgrade! But for someone like me that it has everything I need (except saving compared videos), I should be able to have that ability without upgrading to stuff I don't want. Maybe the techies could fix it??
FIX THE SHARING SO ITS NOT BLACKED OUT
I have been trying for 9 months for Hudl to fix the sharing part of this app on at least 5 different occasions . They have said it's not a priority on their platform right now. I have all my athletes on his app for this purpose and have the Elite package and cannot even watch video they send unless I am on my laptop or CPU and same goes for them. They cannot see if I video on my iPad and share to their iPhones, they have to go to CPU where you do not have the super slow mo feature and breakdown
The app for film is great and breakdown but it's beyond annoying that they won't fix a feature they advertise. Pretty ridiculous. Worked just fine when UBERSENSE had it.
- UberSense Inc
- 85 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Agile Sports Technologies, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Elite yearly $49.99
- Elite Monthly $7.99
- Collection of golf pro athletes $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.