Hue Disco does it all with your Philips Hue setup. The Mood function changes your Hue Lights within a themed colorset at your chosen time interval over and over again. Perfect for warming up your party or any other occasion.
Hue Disco is the best in recognizing your favorite music through the microphone. Even at low volume levels changes are accurately detected and transformed into a lightshow. It's the only Hue App with a real fast Stroboscope! (Strobe)
Checkout the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjXzdmjPMhU&feature=youtu.be
Some detailed features:
- Microphone sensitivity sliders let you control how often music is turned into light (change) and control silence detection. (dB)
- Brightness control sliders manage the maximum and minimum brightness of your disco setup
- Indicators to show when your thresholds are being 'hit' by the music.
- LED indicator for TEMPO tap button indicating current BPM.
-> Auto Disco (strobe, transition style)
****Color Control and Custom Color Themes****
- User configurable color themes.
- Color control slider helps you set the saturation of bulbs.
- Color range control
- Transform any image from your library or Camera in a color theme.
- New Color Strobe.
- Rainbow Strobe.
- Classic White Strobe
- Custom Color Strobe
- Strobe your own Custom Color theme
-> Smooth, Snap or Mix Transition. For selecting soft or crazy wild fast transition. Warning for the epileptic!
- Mood Tab. Control any mood with these new great features:
-> Select transition/cycle time between selected lights from 1 second to 10 minutes!
-> Choose a theme or select a color range
-> Create your own color theme
-> Choose to change all bulbs to the same color
-> Or never change to the same color
-> Or sometimes
-> Or Frequent
-> Shake for random setting within current theme (option)
-> Overall Mood Brightness Control
-> Overall Mood Color Intensity Control
-> Sleeptimer for Mood mode
Hue Disco listens to an external sound source. It supports running in the background!
- It’s possible to use hue disco while playing audio with any other app through:
- the internal speaker
- a connected dock with audio features
- a device connected through the headphone jack
Warning: To use Hue Disco you must own or have access to a Philips Hue Controller with at least one controlled bulb. Don't buy this App if you do not know what Philips Hue is. See http://www.meethue.com for more information.
* Fixes startup bug for iOS10 users.
+ Siri Shortcuts support added.
* Fix bug that could lock up Candle light mood.
* Bridge compatibility update.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is very fun to use but like others said, the lights don’t change with bass drops which is disappointing. The main reason for only 3 stars is because I have a perfect WiFi connection and the app is ALWAYS showing me “false WiFi” and that I need to go hit the button on the bridge to reconnect..
Getting worse, still decent.
I do like this app, I like the options it has. It is reactive to music, so it it always a bit behind beat drops.
Recently it has been strobing the light, even when you choose a color pallet that doesn’t include white and it’s on “smooth”. It will seamlessly transition and then randomly FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH at full brightness white. It makes it unusable on the patio as it is too distracting (don’t get me wrong, i like strobes and use that feature too, but a nice warm yellow to red spectrum is relaxing on a warm summer night).
Unless I’m doing something wrong, I really don’t see how the lights are sinking with the beats to whatever song that’s playing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.