Hue Pro is a new way to use your Philips Hue lighting system. It provides all the features of the Philips Hue application, such as lighting presets. But it can also be used for scheduling events with alarms and timers. By scheduling an event you can set light presets to come on (or off) at a specific time in the future!
Hue Pro is designed to make using your Hue lighting system much easier and more convenient. With Hue Pro's Geofencing, you can have Hue Pro turn your lights on to a preset of your choice as you walk in your home's door! Or turn off as you leave! Even create multiple "profiles" based on the time of the day and day of the week!
With Hue Pro, you can even control your lights away from home! (Forwarding port 80 on your router to the bridge) Documentation on how to do this is inside the application!
NEW: Hue Pro Lava Lamp*! Turn your room into a live lava lamp! Take full control of your Hue lighting system with everything at your finger tips.
NEW: Music mode*! Have Hue Pro listen to your music through your microphone and change the lights to the beat!
(* Lava lamp and Music mode are an in-app purchase)
- Lighting presets
- Create alarms and timers
- Control your lights away from home
- Widget control
- Light grouping
- Lava lamp (in-app purchase)
- Music integration (in-app purchase)
- Export / import settings
Fixing issue with identifying bridges locally
Ratings and Reviews
I got this app for my Hue bulbs. And then I got the in-app purchase for the lava lamp. It’s actually really cool. I like the way the lava lamp works. However, when I close my screen or minimize the app the effect stops. Seriously? I paid for an effect that I have to leave my phone open and drain the battery? This has to be something you all can fix easily. If not, I doubt I’ll use anymore of your apps. This is a simple thing that should have been thought about ahead of time.
Almost works, but not really
Two major problems:
I have notified the programmer, but have not received a response and after a few weeks no updates.
1) Schedules - using either presets the programmer created or ones you create is frustrating. The lights turn on as scheduled except the colors will be noticeably off, as will the brightness. The app will say the preset was used, but the app screen even shows each bulb color is different from the preset. Tap your preset and the correct color and brightness are restored. Example: I created a Christmas preset of green and red for the 8 outdoor lights. When they came on, red was more purple and green was faded or whiteish. Tap my preset and they change to their appropriate, rich colors and brightness. This also happens with Hue Pro’s own preprogrammed presets.
2) Schedules work until a Geofence is tripped, then all scheduled “on” times are deleted. Example: My lights turn on daily at 5:30 pm and off at 10:00 pm. The Geofence is active from 10:01 pm to 5:00 am. The lights come on as scheduled, but once my wife comes home after 10:01 pm, the Geofence activates the lights as they should, but I will now have to reschedule the lights to turn on daily because the Geofence event deleted the “on” times from the schedule. Geofence also turns the presets on incorrectly as described in the first complaint.
Don't waste your money
This is an awful app, wish I could give it no stars, it's constantly force closing on me when I try setting up any kind of scene. I paid extra for the lava lamp option (literally the only reason I got the app) and it starts then freezes, when I try to fix it, the app force closes on me, and so goes the cycle until I get frustrated and give up. Please don't waste your money!
- Prismatic LLC
- 18.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Prismatic LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Hue Pro Music $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.