Hum combines lyric-writing, note-taking, and audio recording into a single app for capturing and organizing all your songwriting ideas. Hum keeps your lyrics and song ideas organized and sortable so you never lose anything again. Hum keeps everything backed up and in sync with Dropbox.
• Tag and sort any of your lyrics and riffs by key, tuning, tonality, color, and mood.
• Share your ideas via email or iMessage.
• Import audio from other apps.
• Keep a page of notes for each song, separate from your lyrics.
• Play your ideas straight from the library—no need to tap into a song to audition your ideas.
• Keep organized with folders
• Keep your library backed up and in sync with Dropbox.
• Stay in tune with a built-in tuner.
If you’ve enjoyed using Hum, please leave a review.
Added in 1.12
Added - A huge under the hood update to add dark mode
Fixes - There were a few bugs with searching when there weren't any results
Improved - Waveform drawing and scrubbing is now improve throughout
Ratings and Reviews
A Great Start
I am also a long time user of the Songwriter app as well as SongHub. The Hum app is very simple and easy to use but lacks some key features that would make it a great songwriting app.
What I Like
1. It's simple and easy to use.
2. Clean modern design.
3. My favorite feature is the notes section. This is a feature that I have never seen in any other songwriting app. It gives you a place to try new lyrics and lines without messing up the basic lyrics you already have. If you could see some of my works in progress, you would understand why I love this.
1. Folders so you can have your Ideas, In Progress and Completed songs separated instead of all bunched together.
2. The ability to create song sections within a song that can be rearranged.
3. The ability to hide the recorder at the bottom to give you more screen real estate.
4. An iPad version with syncing to use when performing.
This is my first take and I will probably update this review once I get more time with it. Enjoy!
A great organized resource for a process that is often disorganized.
For me, songwriting has always been a disorganized process. Different ideas come in different ways; including lyrics that will sit for a year, guitar parts that don’t have any accompanying thoughts, and sometimes full songs that come all at once. This process wasn’t helped by needing to use multiple services to capture ideas in many different places.
Hum has really helped me localize all of my ideas and processes in one area to be able to see the canvas in whole and work on ideas for as long as inspiration is available. Additionally, seeing ideas along side one another in a list, I can look for thematic elements and work to either eliminate duplication in songs or look for areas to combine ideas.
Within minutes of using Hum, I knew it where it would add simplicity to my process. That simplicity helps me utilize tools in the most efficient process so I can get out of my own way when I’m feeling inspired.
Grateful for Hum
I have been a hard core, verbally supportive user of Songwriter HD for gong on 4 years. I talked countless songwriters into buying it, and now, unfortunately, the developers sold it to someone who is not updating and has no intention of updating. Getting notifications from Apple and Dropbox Songwriter HD will soon be useless. I get no response from anyone when I look for answers.
Thankfully there is an heir to the throne with Hum. Does everything it should do and everything it claims to do. This is the new songwriter's dream and my new go-to tool. The price absolutely can't be beat for all it does. I am very picky about the app I use for writing my songs, and believe me, if I have suggestions for improvement, I hound the company. For now, though, Hum is on the right track. I hope they plan on sticking around. It says this is iPhone only, but it works on my iPad Pro, it just looks weird. All my support is here. If you are a songwriter in need of an app for writing, Hum is the way to go.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Just Hum LLC
- 69.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Just Hum, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.