List of Key Features:
- More anatomy! Dozens of new nerves and vasculature added to head and neck region, new male and female pelvis, more muscles, bursae, and ligaments in upper limbs and vertebral column.
- New! Tap the blast icon to add anatomy that surrounds any structure.
- New! Create a tour. Need a presentation for class or have a series of views you always show patients? Use the new tour feature to link favorite views into a presentation.
- Additional UI enhancements and minor bug fixes include the option to change languages and set preferences within the app and improvements to the search algorithm.
Ratings and Reviews
Elegant, sophisticated, easy-to-use, and a must have for those interested in the body.
This app has been one of my favorites for years, even when it first launched and the renderings were more simplistic, watching this app evolve makes me very excited. If you're an anatomy & physiology student, YOU NEED THIS APP. If you're just interested in the human body, YOU NEED this app. It's price tag may be heavy, but it is a masterpiece. You will have a new perspective and appreciation of the human body (which we all have).
My ONLY complaint- well, more like a suggestion, is I believe the brain- the most complex organ in the body, needs more rendering work done on it; I would like to see more structures of the Central Nervous System, as well as a whole section in the animations dedicated to neurology. Neuroanatomically, I would like to see areas such as the Ventral Tegmental Area, the Nucleus Accumbens, the Substantial Nigra, the Striatum, and more in more in-depth explanations of the cortical areas. I could be nit-picking here, but if there were a way for the app to incorporate data from fMRI data so we could see how information streams throughout our brain, that would be phenomenal. So far so good though! I look forward to each and every update this app has to offer.
Love the new features!
The Human Anatomy Atlas continues to improve with every update. I love the new Blast and Create Tour features. These two new features make the Human Anatomy Atlas a useful app in a teaching environment. The 3D graphics, as always, are accurate and beautiful to look at. Functionality and reliability continues to be a plus in this App. I will continue to support this app and recommending it to medical students and health practitioners. I love the fact that the App is updated frequently and the developers seek the opinion and advice from their customers. Visible Body continues to put a lot of effort and energy to maintain the App relevant and useful! It is a great App!
I bought this when I started PT school and it's been really helpful!! This app only gets better with updates and it's my preferred anatomy app. (Series of apps) The one thing that seems to be missing from anatomy apps (not just Visible Body- but other app makers as well) is the extensor mechanism in the fingers. However, that's only necessary if you need to know that level of detail (ie. a surgeon or a hand therapist).
- Argosy Publishing
- 1.3 GB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Argosy Publishing, Inc., 2007–2015. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Animation Pack: Bones and Skeletal Muscles $2.99
- Animation Pack: Cells and Tissues $4.99
- Animation Pack: Respiration and Circulation $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.