Hundy is a mobile lending app where you can get fair, friendly loans in minutes. There’s no need to complete a long credit application and wait for a bank to get back to you. With Hundy, you login with Facebook, link your bank account and if you pass the quick credit pre-qualification, you will be able to request your first $50 - $100 loan in under 5 minutes.
Whether you need cash to help with rent, groceries or utilities, Hundy is there for you to lean on. Hundy is available to all California residents and will be coming to other states soon – download the app and get your first loan today (or get on the waitlist if not a California resident).
Getting your first loan on Hundy is easy – here’s how it works:
- Just open the app and complete the quick account set up process by providing your contact information, signing the platform agreements, linking your checking account and consenting to an optional credit pre-qualification (done via "soft pull" so does not affect your credit score).
- If you are automatically prequalified, you may request your first $50 or $100 loan depending on your credit score and other alternative scoring factors.
- If you are not automatically prequalified (or typically within 24 hours for those requiring manual review), you may still be approved over time as you participate in the community.
- Your funds will be deposited into your bank account by the next business day.
- Your loan repayment including fees will be withdrawn on the date you select up to 4 weeks later.
- You may prepay or extend your loan within the maximum 4 week period at any time without penalty.
- If you are unable to pay the loan off within the first month, you will have the option to convert the loan into a no-penalty, no interest 60-day installment plan.
- The better you are about paying your loan off on time, the faster your credit limit will go up until you reach the maximum loan limit of $250.
- We'll keep you posted along the way with text and email notifications and receipts.
Once you are approved and start getting loans, you begin earning points and leveling up through 5 status levels. Simply joining the Hundy community and paying your loans off on time are achievements worthy of recognition, and we let you share these moments with the Hundy community (opt in only) via the Hundy Hub and your optional public profile.
Want to become a for-profit lender on the platform? We’ll be turning on lending from both accredited and unaccredited investors in a future release.
If you have any questions about signing up, getting a loan or would like to become a lender on Hundy, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hundyapp
Hundy is licensed by the Department of Business Oversight pursuant to the California Deferred Deposit Transaction Law (FILE NO: 10DBO-63863).
- Fixes compatibility crash issues
- Codebase updated to support dev tools
- Cancel option for non-borrowers
Ratings and Reviews
Nice idea but click bait
Once you download and install the app, and also sign in with Facebook you are told it’s only available for people in California.
Thanks a lot, not
Developer Response ,
Please accept our apologies for the confusion. In the promotional text right at the top of the listing, we say it's California only right now. We also repeat that in the second paragraph of the app description. We do keep a list of everyone who downloads the app and submits their zip code, and if you have done so, we will notify you when we get to your state.
This app has helped me a lot in hard times. I got a small loan of 100$ and they gave me up to 4 weeks to pay back, with a small fee every week payment is extended, I didn’t plan accordingly with my finances and didn’t have the money to pay back on my due date which landed on a Monday, I don’t get paid until Friday, so I emailed their customer support Sunday night asking for an extension until Friday, and by 9am Monday morning I already had an extension in my account and a friendly email expressing their appreciation of me being a happy customer. I couldn’t think of anything better then a great review! Keep up the good work Hundy team!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the wonderful feedback Stefanie! All we ask is that our community members let us know if they get in trouble and we can usually accommodate with one of the extension programs we offer. We know most folks, like you, eventually get back on their feet and many will become great evangelists for our fast growing community.
Easy to use app and super friendly staff who help you in anatomy way to pay off your loan. I was going to be late a month and they let me make payments and even push those payments up.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback! We understand how hard it can be to get back on your feet sometimes when you need to borrow money like this. We try to be flexible, and as long as a borrower communicates with us, we can be pretty accommodating.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.