When on holiday in Drenthe (The Netherlands), chances are you stumble upon a hunebed. A hunebed is a megalithic tomb, build in Neolithic times by people of the Funnelbeaker culture, around 5000 years ago. In Drenthe (52) and Groningen (1) there are still 53 hunebeds that can be visited at their original locations.
If you are in the neighborhood, download the app to see where the closes once are or visit them all. Hunebeds can be situated within forests, along public roads, at the end of dirt roads and even within residential areas.
This app features:
- List of all publicly accessible hunebeds
- All hunebeds on the map
- Show the distance to all hunebeds from your current location
- Get an alert if you are in de vicinity of a hunebed
- Automatically mark hunebeds visited if you found them
- Take and share pictures
The app no longer uses third party services.
- Wouter van de Velde
- 14.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © RizkySly
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.