Happy Birthday to The Very Hungry Caterpillar! Celebrating 50 wonderful years, your app now includes special bonus content, including a special message from author Eric Carle himself!
#1 Education app in over 25 countries!
Hungry Caterpillar Play School is certified by the kidSAFE Seal Program. To learn more go to www.kidsafeseal.com.
"This is a marvelous learning app for toddlers to kindergarten-age kids because of its range and content." - Common Sense Media.
Your little caterpillar deserves every chance to succeed. Eric Carle's Hungry Caterpillar Play School is specifically designed to give young children every advantage they need in math, spelling, reading, writing, science, nature studies & creative arts. Help your child get ahead and school-ready with internationally recognized early learning goals.
Learning should be fun! We've made sure your child's experience is filled with wonder and humor, as well as leveraging the most up to date best practices in children's education.
EVERYTHING YOUR PRESCHOOLER NEEDS IN ONE APP:
• SHAPES AND COLORS: Prepare children for understanding math, art, reading & writing.
• ABC SECTION: Establishes the building blocks for reading success. Learn about the letters of the alphabet & how they join together to make words.
• 123 SECTION: Guides kids through every concept they need to learn to set them up for math proficiency. Repetition is key, so we’ve specifically designed this section to be different every time.
• ART SECTION: Expand your child’s imagination and encourage artistic expression. Budding artists can draw, paint, color, design & create in unique ways: Paint or cut out collages.
• PUZZLES: Age appropriate puzzles are so important in childhood development. Jigsaws teach children to use their own minds to figure out how to solve problems.
• One of the best ways to encourage your child to read, is to read to them. LEARN ABOUT THE WORLD BOOKS are engaging non-fiction titles specifically tailored for young children. These books are read aloud to your child & feature themes of nature, science & art.
• LEARN TO READ BOOKS are a tailored reading experience guiding children through the early reading levels. These titles are designed for independent reading but if your readers encounter a word they don’t know, they can tap on that word & it will be read aloud. These interactive books encourage kids to learn at their own pace.
• NEW SPECIAL 50th ANNIVERSARY SECTION: A very special book featuring Eric Carle's most beloved characters. 10 Little Rubber Ducks video. A special message from Eric Carle.
• Subjects are supported & enhanced by SONGS & VIDEOS to deepen your child's learning. Songs are a proven learning tool used by teachers all over the world.
If you're experiencing any issues email us email@example.com
**This app is optimized for iPad 4 and above, iPhone 5S and above, iPad Mini 2 and above.
Hungry Caterpillar Play School is a subscription service which gives complete access to all our activities, books, lessons, songs and videos with exclusive new content every month.
- Choose to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis.
- Change your mind at any point. Cancelling can be done through your iTunes settings.
- Payment will be charged through your iTunes account.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the price of $5.99/month or $49.99/year, unless otherwise specified.
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed and Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription!
- Use your subscription on any device registered with the same Apple ID you subscribe from.
There's lots to learn during the summer break.
Check out our new book GOOSEY GOOSEY GEESE!
It is a new Learn To Read book for Early Emergent Readers.
It introduces the concept of Irregular plurals. They are nouns that do not become plural by adding -s or -e!
Example if we have more than one goose we have geese!
Lots of improvements and bug splatting too!
Ratings and Reviews
Looks pretty good so far but FIX TYPOS, please!
We just started our free trial, as our three year old loves Eric Carle (and quite frankly, the limited content was way too limited to get a real sense of the app). We are enjoying the bright colors, familiar characters, and variety of games/subjects.
Since the book section wasn’t available in our limited content exploration, we went to read one—the one about the frog. The pictures are cute, the information is age appropriate and the animations, though limited, are fun (the sound effects are especially appreciated by my preschooler). BUT! Imagine my surprise to find a typo! Yes it’s a common mistake —“its” incorrectly is spelled “it’s”—but COME ON!!! This is a LEARNING APP and there are grammar errors?!! Not cool. Not appreciated. And definitely NOT what I expect from anything Eric Carle-related (he’s a Big Deal in our household).
For the money that we are expected to pay with the auto-renewal, I expect better editing and proofreading. Please look over AND CORRECT the text of the books and other sections of the app as part of the next update!
Developer Response ,
Hi ShiGold. Thanks for your feedback, and well spotted! We will of course correct this as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
This is a really great app for kids, done really well. My daughter and I both enjoy all the fun things to do with in the app. I like how the content is updated frequently. My only complaint is the ads inside the App even after purchasing subscription for one year. I often pay to have ads removed so my daughter doesn’t encounter them while playing apps. Ads are such a nuisance and distracting, especially in the middle of gameplay. It would be my suggestion that you remove ads inside the game for subscription users.
Developer Response ,
Hi Seagreenx777. Thanks for your review, we're glad you're enjoying the app. We're concerned that you are seeing ads though. You should not be seeing ads as a subscriber, and even free users should only see one of two suggested apps from the rest of our collection. Could you please email firstname.lastname@example.org describing the ads and where they appear, or send us screenshots? We're eager to fix this issue as soon as possible. Thanks!
Great app! Please don’t let Mickey ruin it again!
Update 1/3/19: I appreciate the apology. Have revised from 1 to 5 stars. It’s a great app provided Mickey Mouse stays far away.
Original 12/25 review: This has been the only app I’ve ever let my 2.5 year old use. I’ve paid more for this app than any other. After using the free trial, we subsequently paid for the subscription and it has helped my kid learn letters and numbers. I’ve appreciated the relative simplicity and the lack of flashiness when compared with similar educational apps. Until this morning.
This morning, Mickey Mouse Disney ads started popping up every minute. It’s ruining the experience and is infuriating. We’ll be cancelling if this isn’t eliminated. Please fix this and apologize for what was essentially a bait-and-switch move. Even if the frequency of the ads was an unintentional bug, its still unacceptable to try to sneakily show advertisements to my child.
Developer Response ,
Please accept our apologies. It has come to our attention that a pop-up advert appeared in Hungry Caterpillar Play School over the Christmas period. This should not have happened and occurred as a result of a technical error. We are very sorry for this happening. It was completely unacceptable.
Unfortunately over the Holiday period our team did not spot the error and it remained until January 2nd 2019. We have now removed this message entirely from the app.
As an extra measure to our unconditional commitment to our users we have implemented precautions which will prevent such errors in the future.
Please always share your feedback with us. We strive to keep learning and improving your experience
- StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- 252.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © StoryToys Entertainment Ltd, 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Annual - Best Value $49.99
- Monthly Membership $5.99
- Limited Offer $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.