Hungry Caterpillar Play School develops the key skills children need to get ahead on a lifelong journey of learning.
A trusted 1st choice for parents and educators worldwide.
Certified by the kidSAFE Seal Program. To learn more: www.kidsafeseal.com.
"This is a marvelous learning app for toddlers to kindergarten-age kids because of its range and content." - Common Sense Media.
In Hungry Caterpilllar Play School children encounter developmentally appropriate instruction through exploration and meaningful play. All of our activities are guided by international early learning standards. We are constantly updating the app with the most cutting-edge, evidence-based practices in teaching and design.
• MATHEMATICS DEVELOPMENT: Our activities guide kids through concepts which set them up for proficiency in this important subject area. Repetition is key, so we’ve designed this section to be different every time.
• LANGUAGE AND LITERACY: Learn about the letters of the alphabet how they make words. Learn to read using phonics. Our ever expanding LEARN TO READ BOOK library contains tailored reading experiences. We guide children through early reading levels, including wordless books to encourage confidence.
• SCIENCE AND NATURE STUDIES: One of the best ways to encourage your child to read, is to read to them. Our app does this for you featuring warm and talented voice over actors. LEARN ABOUT THE WORLD BOOKS are engaging non-fiction titles. They are specifically tailored for young children. Learn how nature works in our Caterpillar's Garden activity!
• CREATIVE ARTS: Expand your child’s imagination and encourage artistic expression in multiple creative activities.
• PUZZLES AND REASONING: Teaching children to use their own minds to figure out how to solve problems.
• Subjects are supported and enhanced by SONGS and VIDEOS, deepening your child's learning. Songs are a proven learning tool used by teachers all over the world.
Many of our lessons and activities are integrated, meaning children learn many concepts and skills at the same time.
If you're experiencing any issues email us email@example.com
**This app is optimized for iPad 4 and above, iPhone 5S and above, iPad Mini 2 and above.
Hungry Caterpillar Play School is a subscription service which gives complete access to all our activities, books, lessons, songs and videos with exclusive new content every month.
- Choose to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis.
- Change your mind at any point. Cancelling can be done through your iTunes settings.
- Payment will be charged through your iTunes account.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the price of $7.99/month or $59.99/year, unless otherwise specified.
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed and Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription!
- Use your subscription on any device registered with the same Apple ID you subscribe from.
Meditating is thought to have wide-ranging effects, like calming and reducing anxiety and helping to deal with pain and trauma. There’s some evidence that it can help kids focus, too. Meditation has been thought to benefit overall mental health in kids. A recent study found that kids who learned mindful awareness practices had better executive function after eight weeks of training twice a week. So we've added 2 child-friendly meditations into your media menu. We'll be adding more in the next few releases.
Also check out our brand new and exclusive interactive quiz book: Learn about quantity and improve early math skills with MORE AND LESS.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Looks pretty good so far but FIX TYPOS, please!
We just started our free trial, as our three year old loves Eric Carle (and quite frankly, the limited content was way too limited to get a real sense of the app). We are enjoying the bright colors, familiar characters, and variety of games/subjects.
Since the book section wasn’t available in our limited content exploration, we went to read one—the one about the frog. The pictures are cute, the information is age appropriate and the animations, though limited, are fun (the sound effects are especially appreciated by my preschooler). BUT! Imagine my surprise to find a typo! Yes it’s a common mistake —“its” incorrectly is spelled “it’s”—but COME ON!!! This is a LEARNING APP and there are grammar errors?!! Not cool. Not appreciated. And definitely NOT what I expect from anything Eric Carle-related (he’s a Big Deal in our household).
For the money that we are expected to pay with the auto-renewal, I expect better editing and proofreading. Please look over AND CORRECT the text of the books and other sections of the app as part of the next update!
Developer Response ,
Hi ShiGold. Thanks for your feedback, and well spotted! We will of course correct this as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Great app! Please don’t let Mickey ruin it again!
Update 1/3/19: I appreciate the apology. Have revised from 1 to 5 stars. It’s a great app provided Mickey Mouse stays far away.
Original 12/25 review: This has been the only app I’ve ever let my 2.5 year old use. I’ve paid more for this app than any other. After using the free trial, we subsequently paid for the subscription and it has helped my kid learn letters and numbers. I’ve appreciated the relative simplicity and the lack of flashiness when compared with similar educational apps. Until this morning.
This morning, Mickey Mouse Disney ads started popping up every minute. It’s ruining the experience and is infuriating. We’ll be cancelling if this isn’t eliminated. Please fix this and apologize for what was essentially a bait-and-switch move. Even if the frequency of the ads was an unintentional bug, its still unacceptable to try to sneakily show advertisements to my child.
Developer Response ,
Please accept our apologies. It has come to our attention that a pop-up advert appeared in Hungry Caterpillar Play School over the Christmas period. This should not have happened and occurred as a result of a technical error. We are very sorry for this happening. It was completely unacceptable.
Unfortunately over the Holiday period our team did not spot the error and it remained until January 2nd 2019. We have now removed this message entirely from the app.
As an extra measure to our unconditional commitment to our users we have implemented precautions which will prevent such errors in the future.
Please always share your feedback with us. We strive to keep learning and improving your experience
Bugs and stops, a couple UI suggestions
In the blocks-to-holes game, my daughter will trigger an offscreen event like Siri or the camera and then when I bring this app back up, she can’t move the block; it’s locked it the coordinates where she’d placed it when the event was triggered.
Also, she often wants to just start over when painting the letters rather than painting the whole thing white. I’ve worked around this by going back, then forward, but a quick-erase and confirm option (so kids don’t accidentally erase their painting) would be good so I can just cook while she and her sister race to destroy my iPad.
Thanks, and overall, great work!
Developer Response ,
Hi The Mattness. Thanks for your feedback, it's very much appreciated. As this is a brand new app, we hope you'll excuse some teething problems. We're working hard to perfect Hungry Caterpillar Play School, and greatly appreciate constructive feedback from our customers. We'll certainly take your suggestions on board.
Update: We're having difficulty reproducing the offscreen event trigger. In order to help us resolve this issue, could you tell us the device model and OS you're using, the activity where the issue happened and how it happened (what particular action triggered it)? If you could email firstname.lastname@example.org, or answer here, we'd be most grateful. Thanks.
- StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- 339.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © StoryToys Entertainment Ltd, 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Membership $9.99
- Annual - Best Value $49.99
- Special Offer $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.