Hungry Caterpillar Play School develops the key skills kids aged 2-5 need to get ahead on in their lifelong journey of learning. It is the trusted 1st choice for parents and educators worldwide.
"This is a marvelous learning app for toddlers to kindergarten-age kids because of its range and content." - Common Sense Media.
The app includes Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and a universe of his other beloved characters. Our activities are informed by international early learning standards. We constantly update with the best evidence-based practices in teaching and design.
Subject areas include:
• EARLY MATH SKILLS
• LANGUAGE AND LITERACY
• SCIENCE AND NATURE
• CREATIVE ARTS
• PROBLEM SOLVING AND REASONING
• EARLY CODING SKILLS
Yes, even children as young as two years old can start learning this vital 21st-century skill.
• AN EXCLUSIVE LIBRARY OF LEARN-TO-READ BOOKS
• ABSORBING NON-FICTION BOOKS.
• HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Our learning content is supported and enhanced by SONGS and VIDEOS. These help deepen your child's engagement, understanding, and recall. Songs are a proven learning aid used by teachers all over the world. Our charming guided meditations also help prepare kids’ minds for learning.
• Unlimited access to a huge library of books, videos and activities, all in one kid-friendly app. Updated regularly with new content.
• A safe, child-friendly environment. COPPA compliant and kidSAFE certified. To learn more: www.kidsafeseal.com.
• Enjoy pre-downloaded content without WiFi or internet. Great when on the move, or just for peace of mind.
• Perfect for kids aged 2-5. Designed for Preschoolers.
• Particularly effective with neurodiverse children.
• Screen-time is learning time. Everything is designed to nourish and develop young minds.
If you experience any issues email email@example.com
Hungry Caterpillar Play School is a subscription service which gives complete access to all our activities, books, lessons, songs and videos with exclusive new content every month.
- Choose to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis.
- Change your mind at any point. Cancelling can be done through your iTunes settings.
- Payment will be charged through your iTunes account.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the price of US$7.99 per month or US$59.99 per year, unless otherwise specified.
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed and Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription!
- Use your subscription on any device registered with the same Apple ID you subscribe from.
Certified by the kidSAFE Seal Program. To learn more: www.kidsafeseal.com.
By popular demand we've added another Grouchy Coding level. Yes, even toddlers can learn basic programming logic. We've also made our Environmentally themed books absolutely free for all users for a limited time. And because it’s Easter we encourage you to find as many eggs as you can for The Very Hungry Caterpillar to eat.
Ratings and Reviews
Inspired by the timeless story of a little egg on a leaf, Hungry Caterpillar Play School is as sweet and colorful as Eric Carle’s beloved children’s book. The app is all about play and exploration; kids can draw, color, sing, and even learn to grow strawberries (for the caterpillar’s snack).
Looks pretty good so far but FIX TYPOS, please!
We just started our free trial, as our three year old loves Eric Carle (and quite frankly, the limited content was way too limited to get a real sense of the app). We are enjoying the bright colors, familiar characters, and variety of games/subjects.
Since the book section wasn’t available in our limited content exploration, we went to read one—the one about the frog. The pictures are cute, the information is age appropriate and the animations, though limited, are fun (the sound effects are especially appreciated by my preschooler). BUT! Imagine my surprise to find a typo! Yes it’s a common mistake —“its” incorrectly is spelled “it’s”—but COME ON!!! This is a LEARNING APP and there are grammar errors?!! Not cool. Not appreciated. And definitely NOT what I expect from anything Eric Carle-related (he’s a Big Deal in our household).
For the money that we are expected to pay with the auto-renewal, I expect better editing and proofreading. Please look over AND CORRECT the text of the books and other sections of the app as part of the next update!
Developer Response ,
Hi ShiGold. Thanks for your feedback, and well spotted! We will of course correct this as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
This is a really great app for kids, done really well. My daughter and I both enjoy all the fun things to do with in the app. I like how the content is updated frequently. My only complaint is the ads inside the App even after purchasing subscription for one year. I often pay to have ads removed so my daughter doesn’t encounter them while playing apps. Ads are such a nuisance and distracting, especially in the middle of gameplay. It would be my suggestion that you remove ads inside the game for subscription users.
Developer Response ,
Hi Seagreenx777. Thanks for your review, we're glad you're enjoying the app. We're concerned that you are seeing ads though. You should not be seeing ads as a subscriber, and even free users should only see one of two suggested apps from the rest of our collection. Could you please email firstname.lastname@example.org describing the ads and where they appear, or send us screenshots? We're eager to fix this issue as soon as possible. Thanks!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- 440.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- ©StoryToys Limited, 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Learning - Pay Monthly $8.49
- Monthly Membership $9.99
- Annual - Best Value $49.99
- Limited Offer - Pay Monthly $9.99
- Start learning – Pay monthly $7.99
- Big Savings - Pay Annually $59.99
- Learning - Pay Yearly - Save! $59.99
- Learning - Pay Monthly $6.99
- Learning - Pay Monthly $7.99
- Special Offer $2.99