Hunt Buddy BC is a better way to read the Hunting Regulations Synopsis for British Columbia, Canada.
Offline topographic maps and other mapping goodies available by In-App Purchase.
Use your device's GPS to tell you what MU you're in, or pick an MU from a list or off the map. See at a glance everything you need to know about a Management Unit:
- Open seasons - dates, bag limits, and more
- Links to detail maps
- Motor vehicle, shooting and other restrictions
- Sunrise/sunset and moon phases
Pick any date to see the seasons & restrictions that will be in effect when and where you're planning to hunt. You don't have to flip back and forth through the tables and maps - it's all there, and it's organized so you can find what you need quickly and easily. The open season list and season detail page have quick links into the Synopsis for definitions, restrictions, maps and more.
The 2018-2020 Regulations Synopsis and 2020-2021 Limited Entry Hunting (LEH) Synopsis are also included. You can select a page by thumbnails, print pages, and more.
Optional In-App Purchases
- LEH Zone Boundaries: Download the full set of LEH zones and choose which ones to display on the map.
- Mapping Package: Downloadable topo maps. Parks, protected areas, recreation sites and trails. Tracks and pins (waypoints). User configurable map servers. Record tracks and pins using your device's built in GPS. Import / export tracks and pins in GPX format. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Note that Hunt Buddy BC is not a legal document, and is not affiliated with or sanctioned by the Province of British Columbia. It's an easier way to interpret the Regulations Synopsis published by the Province. The Wildlife Act and Regulations (and other federal, provincial and local laws) are the final authority in case of any discrepancies.
Updated with 2020-2021 LEH synopsis.
Updated parks & rec sites - current up to 2020-04-28.
Added Private Land & Indian Reserves map layer for Mapping Package users.
Made copy & paste of custom map source URL more forgiving (ignore whitespace).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If you hunt in BC you must have this app!
Made in BC by hunters. Get the full package with the mapping and it doesn't get any better. Every road, trail, spur and it will record your track without a cell connection. Regs, Seasons, bag limits, moon phase, sunrise/sunset all the basics in a very simple presentation. First thing I ask when I meet a fellow hunter, 'Do you use hunt buddy?'
- John Griffith
- 148.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 John Griffith
- In-App Purchases
- LEH Zone Boundaries $2.99
- Mapping Package $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.