Hunt Wild Wisconsin 4+
Designed for iPad
The Hunt Wild Wisconsin mobile application has everything you need! If you hunt in Wisconsin, look no further. Whether you’re looking to find new public lands to explore, brush up on the regulations, save your secret hunting spot, or listen to podcasts – we’ve got you covered. With mobile mapping, up to the minute shooting hours, and much more, we’ve given you all the tools to focus on what’s important – enjoying your time in the outdoors.
- Build your experience based on what you hunt – Hunt Wild Wisconsin tailors mapping and regulations features based on which species you plan on pursuing – everything from zones to season dates
- Heading into the backcountry? You can access satellite and topographic maps, public land boundaries and regulations with (or without) a cell signal
- Tailor the map to your hunt – save your favorite hunting location or feature of interest
- Found a new hunting spot? You can save your trails for those early morning walk-ins
- You’ll never have to “guess” again - shooting hours are automatically determined by your location
- Easy to read summary of regulations, all in one place – everything you need to know, right in the palm of your hand with or without a cellular connection
- Access to your GoWild account allows you to purchase new hunting licenses, tags, and permits in the field
- Shoot that big buck? Use GameReg in the field to register your harvest with the Hunt Wild Wisconsin app
- Off the Record Podcast – listen in the truck, on your walk in, or pass time in the stand’
Having a problem with the app? Contact HuntWild@wisconsin.gov
Ratings and Reviews
Hunting hours notifications
For the most part I really like the app and it has definitely gotten better over the years. I’ve always thought that we should be able to get a silent alarm at the beginning and ending of hunting hours. Then my wife pointed out the notifications bell. So I ticked the beginning and ending notifications in the app and allowed notifications in the iPhone settings, but it still doesn’t work. I would really love to see this feature working. I believe it would encourage many more people to obey the shooting hours regulations, making the hunt safer for everyone! In the meantime I’ll continue to set a silent alarm on my iPhone every day.
I’ll give it a 3, but now changed to a 1
While I see what the DNR was going for ....the fact that they put out an unfinished app is troubling. I hope hunting and fishing dollars didn’t pay for this! On a iphone6s the load times are incredibly slow even when hooked to WiFi. The mapping is a joke... as hunt stand is easier to use. Come on guys you can do better than this. Interesting the other hunt Wisconsin app works fine why not just run with that ? There’s plenty of other mapping apps out there... we need rules, reg, season dates and open and close times and best times to hunt and fish!!! That’s it....Use the K.I.S.S. Rule .... maybe you’ll then have a winner
Updated: why must you constantly retype your email and password in? Why does the app keep telling me the email or pass is wrong... when it hasn’t changed! You people have made a real useless app here... it needs a simple back or exit button to get out of things that you accidentally hit... not then into a frustrating exercise in app use. Half of the features don’t work .... really? And that’s acceptable? Even with a linked account nothing really works!!! This ones a total loser ... get the other hunt wild Wisconsin ( the blaze orange one) at least everything works....
SHAME ON YOU WIDNR...like I stated before “ I hope sportmens dollars didn’t pay for this “
New version has become bug infested!
This app has become very buggy and unusable. Last year it was working pretty well and I would’ve given it four stars. I started trying to use it again in anticipation of hunting season and it is now crap. The map is very unstable and will not allow me to explore. Within seconds it starts Jittering and takes me back to current location or shows entire state encapsulated in purple lines. I cannot save a map any longer. I had about 25 saved last year and they were stable. The back button often and disappears and you are stuck. I have the same iPhone XR.
Have tried to problem solve this with Hunt Wild staff but to no avail. I have the latest iOS and app version, great Wi-Fi, and tons of memory on my phone. I have deleted and reinstalled the app at least 10 times. Same thing. Cleaned out my phone and rebooted but still not good. Tried the app on my wife’s phone and our iPad and same result.
The apps not working and they need to get it fixed soon. Hunting season is upon us. DNR staff said they’ve only encountered this a few times with iPhones. I strongly doubt that’s true and a lot of people have iPhones!
It has the potential to be a very useful product but it’s a total waste now.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- 199.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources