The Hunt Wild Wisconsin mobile application has everything you need! If you hunt in Wisconsin, look no further. Whether you’re looking to find new public lands to explore, brush up on the regulations, save your secret hunting spot, or listen to podcasts – we’ve got you covered. With mobile mapping, up to the minute shooting hours, and much more, we’ve given you all the tools to focus on what’s important – enjoying your time in the outdoors.
- Build your experience based on what you hunt – Hunt Wild Wisconsin tailors mapping and regulations features based on which species you plan on pursuing – everything from zones to season dates
- Heading into the backcountry? You can access satellite and topographic maps, public land boundaries and regulations with (or without) a cell signal
- Tailor the map to your hunt – save your favorite hunting location or feature of interest
- Found a new hunting spot? You can save your trails for those early morning walk-ins
- You’ll never have to “guess” again - shooting hours are automatically determined by your location
- Easy to read summary of regulations, all in one place – everything you need to know, right in the palm of your hand with or without a cellular connection
- Access to your GoWild account allows you to purchase new hunting licenses, tags, and permits in the field
- Shoot that big buck? Use GameReg in the field to register your harvest with the Hunt Wild Wisconsin app
- Off the Record Podcast – listen in the truck, on your walk in, or pass time in the stand’
Having a problem with the app? Contact HuntWild@wisconsin.gov
Updates for the Fall 2020 Hunting Season
Improved In-App Notification Experience
Added Apple Sign In
Shooting Hours Updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hunting hours notifications
For the most part I really like the app and it has definitely gotten better over the years. I’ve always thought that we should be able to get a silent alarm at the beginning and ending of hunting hours. Then my wife pointed out the notifications bell. So I ticked the beginning and ending notifications in the app and allowed notifications in the iPhone settings, but it still doesn’t work. I would really love to see this feature working. I believe it would encourage many more people to obey the shooting hours regulations, making the hunt safer for everyone! In the meantime I’ll continue to set a silent alarm on my iPhone every day.
I’ll give it a 3, but now changed to a 1
While I see what the DNR was going for ....the fact that they put out an unfinished app is troubling. I hope hunting and fishing dollars didn’t pay for this! On a iphone6s the load times are incredibly slow even when hooked to WiFi. The mapping is a joke... as hunt stand is easier to use. Come on guys you can do better than this. Interesting the other hunt Wisconsin app works fine why not just run with that ? There’s plenty of other mapping apps out there... we need rules, reg, season dates and open and close times and best times to hunt and fish!!! That’s it....Use the K.I.S.S. Rule .... maybe you’ll then have a winner
Updated: why must you constantly retype your email and password in? Why does the app keep telling me the email or pass is wrong... when it hasn’t changed! You people have made a real useless app here... it needs a simple back or exit button to get out of things that you accidentally hit... not then into a frustrating exercise in app use. Half of the features don’t work .... really? And that’s acceptable? Even with a linked account nothing really works!!! This ones a total loser ... get the other hunt wild Wisconsin ( the blaze orange one) at least everything works....
SHAME ON YOU WIDNR...like I stated before “ I hope sportmens dollars didn’t pay for this “
More features please
Overall, I love that there is finally an easy way to access maps for the public wildlife and fisheries areas. However, as an employee and recreation user, I’d love to see more features within the maps. Putting parking lots/access points and/or trails on the maps would make planning a hike, hunt, or work day much easier!
Thanks for this app though! Love the fact that I can see when hunting hours are.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- 246.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.