HuntFish KS is the official hunting and fishing license management App for the State of Kansas. Store all of your Kansas hunting and fishing licenses here for quick and convenient access.
• Store and manage all your Kansas hunting and fishing licenses in one convenient paperless location.
• Reference all regulations and license details conveniently from your mobile phone.
• No need to store or carry a paper license with you in the field.
• Present your license details to Law Enforcement for verification in the field.
• The only acceptable form of electronic license is through the HuntFish KS App; and hunters must be able to produce the electronic app or paper license when requested by an Officer during field compliance checks.
• For licenses that require tags please remember that the associated tag forms part of the license and must be physically produced when requested.
- The App has been updated with the new KDWPT logo and color theme to give a new fresh look and feel.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Like the fact that I don’t have to deal with people at checkout lines who don’t know what they are doing. Now let’s keep the ball rolling and allow us to purchase tags in the app and check in big game animals.
Only License Storage
The initial version of this app allows me to store my purchased licenses/permits in a digital format, accessible when my device doesn’t have a service connection. It also provides a handful of bookmark links to the KDWPT website.
This app lacks any true utility outside of the fact I can store my hunting license on my phone - no different than carrying the paper copy or photographing the paper copy.
The lack of integration with iSportsman seems to be a significant shortfall. Additionally, by only providing users with a button that links to the KDWPT website, it doesn’t help hunters and anglers in the field. If I have enough of a service connection to check the website on my phone’s browser, then I don’t need an app to give me a link that takes me to KDWPT’s website.
The app also lacks the ability for any form of harvest reporting or survey completion and there is no mapping functionality either.
It’s a start but KDWPT needs to continue to invest resources into mobile engagement technology to improve the customer experience of purchasing products (licenses, permits, etc) in conjunction with improving the ability for customers to access information quickly and comfortably (regulations, maps, etc).
I love being able to have the app on my phone, that way if the paper tags that got printed off get wet, the pens I have freeze, or the tags get damaged in any way I have a way of filling out the tags without worrying about it! It’s also very nice to have on hand if I am at the lake and fishing to just pull up the app for the game wardens to look at instead of fumbling around for everything in my wallet!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.