HuntFish KS is the official hunting and fishing license management App for the State of Kansas. Store all of your Kansas hunting and fishing licenses here for quick and convenient access.
• Store and manage all your Kansas hunting and fishing licenses in one convenient paperless location.
• Reference all regulations and license details conveniently from your mobile phone.
• No need to store or carry a paper license with you in the field.
• Present your license details to Law Enforcement for verification in the field.
• The only acceptable form of electronic license is through the HuntFish KS App; and hunters must be able to produce the electronic app or paper license when requested by an Officer during field compliance checks.
• For licenses that require tags please remember that the associated tag forms part of the license and must be physically produced when requested.
- Intuitive customer dashboard including licenses and pending Harvest Reports in one upfront location.
- Updated access menu for simple App navigation.
- Submit tags through the App (eTags)
- Download regulations as PDFs to view online or offline on your device.
- Additional feedback options.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Only License Storage
The initial version of this app allows me to store my purchased licenses/permits in a digital format, accessible when my device doesn’t have a service connection. It also provides a handful of bookmark links to the KDWPT website.
This app lacks any true utility outside of the fact I can store my hunting license on my phone - no different than carrying the paper copy or photographing the paper copy.
The lack of integration with iSportsman seems to be a significant shortfall. Additionally, by only providing users with a button that links to the KDWPT website, it doesn’t help hunters and anglers in the field. If I have enough of a service connection to check the website on my phone’s browser, then I don’t need an app to give me a link that takes me to KDWPT’s website.
The app also lacks the ability for any form of harvest reporting or survey completion and there is no mapping functionality either.
It’s a start but KDWPT needs to continue to invest resources into mobile engagement technology to improve the customer experience of purchasing products (licenses, permits, etc) in conjunction with improving the ability for customers to access information quickly and comfortably (regulations, maps, etc).
Hopefully this is just a beginning, and not the full solution. It will be nice to not need my paper permits, however for deer season it will still require having the paper tag. Take another step towards the mobile era and go fully paperless.
Also, develop the app to show seasons & other important information in the app rather than linking to opening the mobile browser.
Not a bad start
This app is very simple however, it is nice to have all my licenses right on my phone and the ability to hit a link straight to the pertinent info on their site. I’m sure there will be additional updates in the future that will need to include offline data, maps, and iSportsman integration. Regardless, I’m glad they finally designed an app that will hopefully become a great tool for Kansas sportsmen.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.