HuntStand, with millions of downloads, is the #1 free hunting app in the world and is the only hunting- and land-management app you will ever need. This revolutionary app is packed with invaluable mapping, weather, tracking, and social features.
HuntStand was carefully designed to work in both online and offline environments. Using this app, you will have access to offline weather and maps of your hunt areas. You can edit your maps while out “in the field” then sync them with your HuntStand account.
Use our Harvest, Sightings, and Task logging features to understand your property like never before.
Fully map your property using 67 easily-discernible custom icons, shapes, and lines including scouting marks, stands, property boundaries, food plots, ponds, roads, trails, and numerous other important objects of interest. Attach notes to your map objects and sort them by time and type.
View distance and area measurements using our advanced measurement tools. Our app will give you extremely accurate map-based distances in feet, meters, and yards and area measurements in acres.
HuntStand's interface is simple, yet powerful, and puts many useful tools right at your fingertips.
Create an account and gain the ability to:
• Sync Hunting Area maps with HuntStand.com
• Order ultra-high-resolution printed maps through the HuntStand.com website that you create using the HuntStand app
• View and edit maps using ultra-advanced online mapping features
• See private property boundaries and owner info (10/month for free)
• View recreational property listings that are close to your Hunt Area
• Share maps with friends
• Create a personal profile
• Add friends to your network
• Locate your friends using the Friend Finder feature
• Join group hunting areas (allowing you to share and edit maps with your hunting friends)
• View advanced statistics built from your personal harvest and sighting history
In-app purchases are available to remove advertising for one year and also for unlimited parcel info lookups for one year.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase;
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period;
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal;
• You can manage subscriptions and turn auto-renewal off by going to your Account Settings after purchase; and
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the you purchase a paid subscription.
Thanks for using HuntStand! To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store regularly. We fix bugs, clean up our code, and make other improvements.
• Fixed an issue that prevented some changes made to boundaries on the website from being synched to the app.
• The hunt area editor is now working correctly for iOS 10 users.
• The hunt zone wind speed graph is properly updated.
• Placements in the Trail Cams section are now badged with the number of photos associated with each camera.
• Fixed an issue that prevented the trail cam sunrise/sunset/moonrise/moonset time from being displayed properly.
• The wrong detail to be displayed when a harvest or sighting was tapped in those sections. That wasn't intuitive so now the right one is displayed.
• If you synched the hunt area currently being displayed on a map then the map would reset its center and zoom. That’s really annoying so we stopped doing it.
• Editing some harvest details was not working correctly. That is now fixed.
• Squashed some issues that resulted in crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
There are those who are low tech and then you have those who are no tech. I am somewhere in between. I have a smart phone because my job requires me too but I really struggle with all things electronic. That being said, this app is really user friendly! I’ve had it for at least a few hunting seasons now but have really started using it building up to this season. I own 60 acres and have used it to measure and mark food plots, I use it when I have a group of hunters so I can keep up with where they are located on my ranch, and I use it to show my hunters where the boundary lines are, which direction they can and can’t shoot and I use it for many other things on my ranch. It’s a lot of fun, it’s practical, useful, and it functional for even us less than tech savvy. Now I just can’t wait to start getting maps made!!!! Bottom line. You should get the app! Take the time to figure out all you can do with it and then enjoy!
A hunters helper.
Although the title is “A hunters helper” it is really great for any outdoorsman. I use this app for just about everything I do while hunting. The best thing is it’s programmed for all types of hunters such as deer hunting it shows the wind direction and changes in the wind throughout the day, I can personally say it helped me this season I was able to get some great encounters with really big bucks after doing a lot of mapping. I also trap and when you have a lot of traps it gets a little difficult for some people to remember where they are. Another great thing about HuntStand is that if you have a buddy that you hunt with and he doesn’t know what stand/blind to go to you can send him a picture of your personalized map. It is also great for waterfowl hunters as it can also show the direction that they will most likely come from. Hopefully you will also enjoy this app as much as I and have learned something in this article. It’s a great app.
Best hunting / mapping app of all I have tried
Easy to use, free use with ads is not a burden at all. We have a shared map area and have been encouraging members to get into HuntStand and consider paying but some are slow to adopt new technology when we still have paper maps.
The best endorsement - I heard a few days ago of a member who got lost tracking his deer. He took out his phone, no cell signal but no problem - HuntStand only needs a satellite GPS signal after syncing. He was able to see his position real time and find his way back to his stand and ATV
Last night I was dragging a deer. I knew exactly where I was but wanted to confirm I was dragging the shortest, most direct route back to my truck rather than drag to the trail then follow it. After heading that way for a few minutes I opened HuntStand to confirm, then kept on dragging
- TerraStride Inc.
- 69.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular,and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 TerraStride Inc. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Parcels $11.99
- Ad-Free Version $5.99
- Unlimited Parcels $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.