The HVAC Load+ iPhone app allows you to perform detailed heating and cooling block loads for small commercial and residential buildings out in the field by taking advantage of the simplicity and power of the iPhone.
It performs heating and cooling block load calculations based upon industry standard calculation methods. The following is just a small sample of the features included in this app:
1. Includes a 1000+ world-wide city weather database
2. Includes data for 100s of construction types for walls, roofs, floors, doors, windows, skylights, ceilings, and more
3. Allows you to create and store an unlimited number of projects. You can also copy existing projects to new projects for easy reuse of data
4. Allows you to specify an unlimited # of opaque types (ie – doors, walls, roofs, floors, ceilings), window types, and skylight types for each building
5. Allows you to view comprehensive cooling and heating load breakdown reports including breakdown by opaque load, window load, skylight load, infiltration load, ventilation load and internal load contributions
6. Opaque inputs include opaque type, opaque construction number, dimensions, and opening areas
7. Window inputs include window type, internal and external shading type, overhang dimensions, window area, and more..
8. Skylight inputs include skylight type, dimensions, orientation, and more..
9. Additional input types include # of people, # of bedrooms, ventilation airflow, and more..
10. Includes the ability to display a comprehensive HTML report that you can email to yourself or others, and it also includes a spreadsheet attachment that you can open in Excel to further massage data on your desktop
11. Includes ability to input your company information to display on the emailed report
12. Includes ability to display units in either English (IP) or Metric (SI).
13. Equipment location services
It also includes 2 bonus modules:
1. The "HVAC Equipment Locator" has the same functionality as our stand-alone Locator app. It allows you to input information about all of your HVAC equipment, upload it to a remote web server (at www.carmelsoft.com/EL), and SAFELY share information about it with other technicians within your company. The equipment's GPS coordinates become its globally unique identifier, allowing you to input and retrieve information about it just by standing next to it.
2. The “HVAC Quick Load” module allows you to quickly perform rule-of-thumb heating and cooling load calcs based upon just inputting the building type, square area, and # of people. Please see the description located under the stand-alone "HVAC Quick Load" app for more details about it.
The benefits of using this app are:
1. Great for use out in the field. Quickly size heating and cooling equipment, show the client, then email the results back to your office for further analysis.
2. Show off your advanced on-screen reports to clients convincing them you are using cutting-edge technology
3. Save time by inputting information in the field and then returning to your office to perform more in-depth analysis
This app was designed by Carmel Software Corporation, a 20-year old software design firm specializing in engineering analysis software applications geared toward engineers, architects, technicians, and home owners. In fact, our software powers the analysis capabilities of major Autodesk software tools such as Revit (The makers of AutoCAD).
We will continue to update this app based upon user feedback. Please email us at email@example.com for any comments.
We also offer training and tutorial videos at: www.carmelsoft.com/HVACLoadPlus.
1. Fixed the issue that occurs on some devices where the Climatic Data screen does not appear when the user clicks the City icon.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Training and Tutorial Videos
I just did the download yesterday and have been trying out the app. In the app description at the bottom it says there is Training and Tutorial Videos..I see the training page but no videos? Would be a great help if there in fact was a video or two to help with the training on how to use the app. Please post some video like stated above.
Great Application!!! Now I want to buy an IPad just for a larger screen to use this app in customer homes and businesses
I've been using this app for a couple weeks now, and my clients really like the reports it produces, especially the pie-charts. It has helped me close more business so I hope my competitors don't get a hold of it.
My only wish is that you could customize some of the reports so I could email them directly to the client as opposed to emailing them to myself, modifying it, then emailing. Maybe next version.
Quick energy audits
I know this app doesn't quite do energy audits, but i am a tech for a solar installer and this does help with that whole process of determining cooling loads, etc. It's really useful once i email the results back to my office and then do further analysis on it that is required for our business. I look forward to the native iPad version, that will be a killer.
- Carmel Software Corporation
- 17.4 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2019 Carmel Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- HVAC Equipment Locator $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.