This app is great for HVAC technicians, contractors, homeowners, HERS and PHIUS raters to easily perform ACCA Manual J8 load calcs.
For online help and training videos, go here: http://bit.ly/1PhqlDi
The HVAC ResLoad-J app from Carmel is an ACCA-approved Manual J8 residential load calculation app for the Apple iPad. It allows engineers, contractors, and technicians to perform field-based cooling and heating load calculations on residential and small commercial buildings. Users are then able to email PDF reports to customers and local building officials. Reports produced by this app will be acceptable by all municipalities/states (including 30+ US states that have passed laws requiring contractors to submit load calcs from ACCA-approved software.)
The HVAC ResLoad-J app allows users to create unlimited projects and perform both block and room-by-room loads. The app includes weather data for 1000s of cities throughout the world and construction data for 100s of wall, floor, roof, ceiling, and window types. The user is also able to model detailed appliance, duct, infiltration, and ventilation loads.
The HVAC ResLoad-J app was specifically designed for the Apple iPad, taking advantage of the larger screen, rotating user interface, and other functionality unique to the iPad. This app is similar to our very popular HVAC Residential Load Calcs HD app for the iPad, and it includes many of the same inputs and results. However, the "J" app is ACCA-approved, and thus requires much more detailed analysis of the building.
Other features include:
1. Includes a 1000+ world-wide city weather database
2. Allows you to create and store an unlimited number of projects. You can also re-use existing projects as templates for new projects.
3. Includes data for 100s of construction types for walls, roofs, floors, doors, windows, skylights, and ceilings.
4. Allows you to specify an unlimited # of building envelope types (i.e. – doors, walls, roofs, floors, ceilings), window types, and skylight types for each building.
5. Allows you to input individual home appliance information.
6. Allows you to instantly view total heating and cooling load results as you update input data.
7. Allows you to view comprehensive cooling and heating load breakdown reports including breakdown by envelope load, window load, skylight load, infiltration load, ventilation load and internal load contributions.
8. Also performs room-by-room cooling and heating load calc analysis
9. Includes the ability to display a wide variety of on-screen reports including checksum reports (ie – BTUh/SqFt, SqFt/Ton, etc.), complete heating and cooling load breakdown reports, and even graphically-pleasing pie charts showing cooling and heating load breakdowns. These reports can be converted to PDFs and emailed from right within the app.
10. Includes the ability to display a comprehensive HTML report that you can email to yourself or others, and it also includes a spreadsheet attachment that you can open in Excel to create customized reports.
11. Includes the ability to display units in either English (IP) or Metric (SI).
12. As of 2020, includes new project input reports that allow you to print or export to PDF via email.
The benefits of using this app are numerous including:
1. Great for use out in the field. Quickly size heating and cooling equipment, show the client, then email the results back to your office for further analysis.
2. Show off your advanced on-screen reports to clients convincing them you are using cutting-edge technology.
3. Save time by inputting information in the field and then returning to your office to perform more in-depth analysis.
4. Submit reports to local municipalities that require ACCA-approved Manual J8 residential load calcs for equipment replacement.
Bonus: The HVAC ResLoad-J app now includes our popular HVAC Equipment Locator app built right in! Click here for details about that app: http://bit.ly/1a2RskH
1. Update: Sync projects to and from the cloud so you can share your projects with other users in your company and also with other devices you may own. Fixed an issue with this.
2. Fixed issue with new sorting options
Ratings and Reviews
Much needed app!
I've been waiting for an ACCA-approved load calc app for some time now. I live in Florida, and the state requires reports from ACCA-approved apps like this.
After reading the help and viewing the training video, I found it quite easy to use, and I produced awesome reports. Contrary to the earlier comment, I found customer support to be quick and responsive.
Yes, the app is quite involved, but that is what is required from ACCA-approved software. If you want accurate loads, you need to input lots of info about the building or house. I compared the results to some desktop software I have, and they looked very accurate.
Overall, I like this app a lot.
I'm sold, this is great
Thehvacguy; I have tried three other ACCA approved software programs none have been as easy to use right out of the box as this one. Simple and precise interface that does not require weeks of time to understand. I watched a 59 minute video that was clear and easy to follow. Then within 45 minutes I had a block load on a small ranch. There appears to be a lot of depth to the program and much more to learn but I have already produced a usable product in less time than it take to set up your company data in other programs. Five stars for now and I'd give it six if I could. If you have a reasonable amount of experience with other apps on the iPad this will make you feel right at home.
Update, 4 weeks after purchase this is still a 5 star app. Great app, wonderful support page and easy to use.
Well-designed load calc app
I've heard good things about Carmel's mobile apps, and this one does not disappoint. It's well laid out, includes lots of info about wall and window construction types, and produces great reports to present to my local building inspector.
There's so much to this app, that it's hard to know where to even start. Luckily, it includes full help and a training video to get me started and explain portions of the app to me.
Since it's ACCA-approved, it includes all the required inputs for sizing ducts, infiltration, ventilation, internal gains, and much more.
I must admit that it is expensive for a mobile app, but such a small price to pay to get my change-out permits.
Really an awesome app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Carmel Software Corporation
- 27.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Carmel Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.