The smart way to travel with the HVV App: tickets and timetables wherever you are.
Get a bird’s-eye view with the location overview including switchh:
Do you want to find the nearest station? Find a StadtRad hire bike nearby on the spur of the moment? Switchh to the nearest car sharing vehicle? No problem with the HVV App! The location overview will show you where they are. That way you can easily see what HVV transport leaves when and where and where to find the next offer from our switchh partners.
Find your personal connection :
If the location feature (GPS) is activated, the App automatically takes your present location as start point or destination. Of course, you can also enter stations, stops, addresses or particular places manually.
Purchase tickets and save money:
Benefit now from the 3% discount on single, day and supplementary tickets (this does not apply to weekly tickets and the Hamburg CARD).
Also available: a departure monitor, zoomable network overviews, delay warning function and much, much more ….
• Access authorization „Kontaktdaten lesen“/“read contact data“: optionally, you can use the addresses of your contact persons as start point or destination for timetable information. When you have activated this function and selected a contact, only this address will be transferred to the background system. You can authorize the HVV App to access your address book for this.
• To use the timetable information and the departure monitor as well as for purchasing a ticket via the App, you will need an active online connection, since it is always real-time data which are loaded. No further active online connection is needed once the downloading of the ticket is competed.
• No guarantee can however be given for the accuracy or completeness of any information given.
• HVV-Customersupport via WhatsApp or Telegram (only in German language)
• Optimization and error correction
Many thanks for your feedback! We are constantly working to improve the HVV App.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is incredibly user-friendly. I’ve only been using it for less than a month and so far, it’s been a lifesaver! It’s very accurate and even shows when the train/bus is or will be late, including how many minutes it’s late. One can also purchase tickets through it (which I have been doing). Your payment info is secured and you can even set it up where you peruse the touch-ID whenever you purchase a ticket.
Very useful and accurate information, intuitive interface, well designed and very convenient. Thanks again for making this outstanding app available for curious and environmentally conscious sensitive tourists from around the world. 🙏
I’m not from here so it was tough to figure out how to get around. This app was very helpful to get me where I needed to be. As I learned more route’s and different buses I realized that sometimes the bus would take me the long way there. Like the first couple of months I took the 186 to get to Elbe mall then I notice the 21 go the same place a little faster also. It’s just the 21 don’t pick me up near my home.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.