Help Chips save Potatoland after all the potatoes mysteriously disappear. This fun FREE all-ages adventure game encourages collaborative play and creative problem-solving while teaching sustainability and social change.
Illustrated by Oscar® nominee Patrick Doyon. By Vali Fugulin, co-created with Minority.
HELP CHIPS SAVE HIS VILLAGE – ONE POTATO AT A TIME
Welcome to Potatoland, where our hero, Chips, and his fellow citizens feed potatoes to the Potato Monster in order to get their food, supplies and luxury items. But when the beast suddenly collapses and all the potatoes disappear, Chips and his friends are lost with no idea how to survive. That’s where YOU come in. By helping Chips work quickly to make more friends, follow clues and think creatively, you’ll teach him new ways to solve old problems and save his community.
I Love Potatoes is an educational adventure game for ages 7 – 77. Inspired by the true stories of innovators from around the world, you’ll learn the basic building blocks of social change and sustainable living while enjoying an amazing adventure.
So download I Love Potatoes today, grab a friend and start planting new ideas in order to harvest some change!
- A FREE, quirky and addictive adventure game that puts a fun twist on educational apps.
- Beautifully rendered 3D animation featuring adorable characters and great storytelling.
- Encourages family and friends to work together towards a common goal.
- Illustrated by Oscar®-nominated filmmaker Patrick Doyon (Sunday).
- Created by the NFB’s Digital Studio, winner of over 100 awards worldwide.
- Co-created with Minority Media Inc., who brought you Loco Motors and Spirits of Spring.
- BONUS: Includes background information on the social innovators who inspired the game.
A Vali Fugulin game co-created with Minority and produced by the NFB. Illustrations by Patrick Doyon.
Download these other amazing apps from the NFB: NFB Films, NFB StopMo Studio, McLaren’s Workshop, The Last Hunt, The NFB Test Tube with David Suzuki, Circa 1948 and Welcome to Pine Point.
* Available in English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German and French!
Ratings and Reviews
This game was short, but sweet. The graphics were lovely and colorful. The tiny townspeople were so cute and the main conflict was relatable and inspiring. I loved how the story was based on true events! I recommend this game to young people and innovators seeking inspiration on how to change the world. It really makes you think: What are we doing to the world? Our bodies? Our friends? Overall, this game was amazing and I don’t believe it could’ve been made any better.
Fun fun fun
This game is surprisingly fun. When I first started playing I thought it was a little weird but I kept playing it it turns out to be very fun. Chips and all his friends are extremely cute. I love all the characters. The monster is really fun to be around. I highly recommend this game.
Adorable & Powerful
I got this game after hearing about it online. It's cute and short and provides powerful messages of sustainability and social innovation. Great for people of all ages, even if it's geared towards children. Lots of fun to play!
- National Film Board / Office national du film
- 144.5 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © National Film Board of Canada
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.