The animals sleep standing up, lying down, in a tree, on the water and on your iPad. Adapted from the children’s book, "I See the Animals Sleeping: A Bedtime Story," this app uses narration and richly detailed hand drawn illustrations to show children the different sleep habits of animals around the world. The animals featured in this book will spark children’s imagination, from familiar animals such as the tiger or fox to more unusual creates like the sloth or platypus.
Published by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, this storybook app emphasizes the importance of sleep for both animals and children. Each illustration is accompanied by extra educational Sleep Facts to help parents and educators teach children more about animals and sleep.
When the story is over, explore the "Fun & Games" section, featuring four educational activities for children:
• Color: coloring book containing illustrations from "I See the Animals Sleeping: A Bedtime Story"
• Match: a memory game in which you turn over pairs of matching cards
• Puzzle: Arrange the tiles to form a complete picture
• Quiz: Narrated questions paired with illustrated answers tests your child’s knowledge about animals and sleep
• Flip from page to page with a touch or swipe
• Jump to any page with our pick a page feature
• Listen to the book in "Read to Me" mode, featuring clear and appealing narrator
• Read to your child or have them practice on their own in the self-directed "I’ll Read" mode
• Hear the animals roar, squawk or whistle by tapping them on the screen
• Additional information for parents about healthy sleep habits in "Info for Grownups"
Also available for free on the app store is "The Animals Sleep: A Bedtime Book of Biomes"
-iOS7 bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.