Reading with comfort is a dream of any book lover! It’s 9 years already that my i2Reader has been making this dream come true. Now it’s got to your Mac! With each version of the app I add a bunch of new options and always try to keep the pleasure of reading a top priority. When putting books on digital shelves or turning over their 3D pages on any device (Mac, iPhone or iPad), you will always feel "I too Reader"*
* - this is not a mistake :)
• in-built OPDS server to download books to iPhone and iPad readers, for example, to I2Reader Cloud for iPhone/iPad;
• you can also download books from public OPDS libraries;
• read several books at a time, both in one window or separate ones.
• iCloud support: your library is synchronized in all your devices. You can start reading a book on Mac and continue doing it on iPad or iPhone! Everything from last the opened page, bookmarks, highlighters to book metadata, including user's choice of a book cover, titles, genres, keywords, series etc. - is synchronized in each book;
**** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
For normal work of the synchronization, you must setup the automatic update of date and time on your Mac!
• Footnotes are displayed on the bottom of the page – like in real paper books!
• Auto Turning – automatic page turning according to timer;
• if you learn foreign languages, you’ll like an option to use Google Translate when reading;
• User's access: now all members of your family can read the same books not interfering with each other. Besides, the new feature enables you to highlight text fragments and comment on it, thus making up mini-chats in your own mini social/family networks :)
• finest configuration of a book layout for the most comfortable reading: everything like fonts, font size, colors, background is adjustable, including paragraph and line spacing;
• i2Reader Cloud works with FB2 (also fb2.zip or fbz), EPUB (no DRM protection), MOBI, RTF, MS Word DOC/DOCX and PDF book formats;
• different ways of page turning;
• voice/audio reading with the use of voice synthesizer;
• easy selection and sorting of books based on various criteria - you won't get lost in your library and find your book in no time;
• you can also create digital shelves which are also synchronized via iCloud;
• support of starDict dictionaries when reading;
• you can now share quotes to Facebook, twitter, Evernote or send then via email;
• Touch Bar support for lucky owner of a new MacBook Pro.
All features in one simple and handy interface - now everything is at your fingertips!
You are always welcome to share your opinion and suggestions to email@example.com
I'm happy to release another update for you! In this version I mainly focused on stability and performance of the app and also added some new features:
• support for macOS Mojave Dark Mode has been added;
• you can now select multiple books and either put them on a shelf, add to a list to read or remove the selected books from the library;
• all the icons have been updated: now they are the same as in iOS version of the app;
• some minor features are added, some menu positions are reorganized for your convenience.
Thank you for using i2Reader Cloud! I'm always happy to answer to all your questions and hear your suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Great but needs one small improvement
Overall I love this app, it has totally replaced ibooks to me. However, one thing that I have noticed is that the mac version of the app always shows the reading progress of pdf files as 0%, which has caused me problems because my reading history is cleared across all of my devices whenever I read a pdf file on the mac.
It will be much appreciated if the developer can kindly fix this issue.
* First, it's designed for gestures, not mouse or keyboard control. I don't have the coordination for gestures. It allows navigation using search, right arrow, or left arrow, but ignores page up and page down keys on my mouse.
* Second, it has a preference for 3d page turning, animation, and parallax, but doesn't let users disable 3d page turning, animation, and parallax. Certain types of animation, such as parallax, trigger my migraines.
Some other issues affect general usability rather than disabled accessibility:
* Third, closing the library window closes any open books too.
* Fourth, it doesn't show tabs for each open book.
* Fifth, it doesn't let users resize the preferences window. It's incredibly narrow, and the preferences shift left and right within it.
- Yuriy Melyushin
- 18.1 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2007-2018 Yuriy Melyushin. All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.