The IAATO Polar Guide is your comprehensive guide to safe and responsible travel to Antarctica. Together we can protect this natural reserve, devoted to peace and science.
The IAATO Polar Guide is the perfect support tool for IAATO staff working in the field to meet all necessary IAATO and Antarctic Treaty System requirements for delivering safe, environmentally responsible operations on and around the white continent. The app is also a great resource for anyone curious about Antarctica and its unique environment, to learn more about the Antarctic Treaty and the work being done to preserve the continent’s extraordinary landscap.
With the IAATO Polar Guide you can:
• Use your phone to access information while on the go in the field - No signal required!
• Quickly and easily view IAATO and Antarctic Treaty System information required by Expedition Field Staff including guidelines for; visiting Antarctic Visitor Sites, wildlife watching, being a responsible Antarctic visitor and preventing the introduction of non-native species.
You can also:
• stay up to speed with the latest IAATO vessel and International Maritime Organization (IMO) information for effective yacht and ship operations;
• Support Antarctic science and conservation while enhancing your experience in Antarctica – check out the included citizen science projects, lectures on key issues and more;
• Enrich your visit by checking which unique features and wildlife are present at specific sites;
• Improve your knowledge about the Antarctic Treaty System;
By using the IAATO Polar Guide, you can feel confident that you are doing your utmost to protect Antarctica’s great wilderness;
## About IAATO
IAATO is a member organization founded in 1991 to advocate and promote the practice of safe and environmentally responsible private-sector travel to the Antarctic. IAATO Members work together to develop, adopt and implement operational standards that mitigate potential environmental impacts. Numerous guidelines have been adopted over the years that have proven to be successful methods in avoiding such impacts. These include but are not limited to: site specific guidelines, site selection criteria, passenger to staff ratios, limiting numbers of passengers ashore, boot washing guidelines and the prevention of the transmission of alien organisms, wilderness etiquette, garbage policy, ship scheduling and vessel communication procedures, emergency medical evacuation procedures, emergency contingency plans, reporting procedures, marine wildlife watching guidelines and more.
You will need a reliable internet connection to download the app.
Improved sync process.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app does not work anymore!
Please link the titles and the contents! It is very annoying at the moment.
App works fine - give it time to sync
It took several minutes for the app to “synchronize,” which apparently means to download the various documents. After synchronization was complete, the app worked fine.
Does not work
Does not work. Just sits there with the message “Synchronizing with the server”.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.