Anoc is an Octave Editor (Matlab clone) for your iOS device. It allows you to create and manage Octave projects directly on your iOS device and generate the result and plots by using Verbosus (Online Octave Editor).
This software is provided "as is" without warranties or conditions of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Before you download this app please check if it can do everything you need by trying the available functions using the web interface on our website.
* Dropbox support (automatic, Local Mode)
* Box support (automatic, Local Mode)
* Use a dedicated server to perform calculations and generate plots
* 2 Modes: Local Mode (stores .m documents on your device) and Cloud Mode (synchronizes your projects with Verbosus)
* Encrypted transmission to the server by using HTTPS
* Syntax highlighting (operators, plot functions, comments)
* Line numbers
* Assistive keyboard
* Hotkeys (see below)
* Web-Interface (Cloud Mode)
* Export projects from Local Mode (iTunes -> Apps -> File Sharing -> Choose Anoc -> Save to... OR use Dropbox)
* Import projects to Local Mode (add your existing .m files in iTunes -> Apps -> File Sharing -> Choose Anoc -> Add… and reload the project list OR use Dropbox)
Hotkeys in editor:
ctrl+g: generate result
ctrl+n: new document
ctrl+d: delete document
ctrl+.: next document
The following packages are available:
* control: Computer-Aided Control System Design (CACSD) Tools for GNU Octave, based on the proven SLICOT Library
* general: General tools for Octave
* interval: The interval package for real-valued interval arithmetic allows one to evaluate functions over subsets of their domain
* io: Input/Output in external formats
* signal: Signal processing tools, including filtering, windowing and display functions
* statistics: Additional statistics functions for Octave
* struct: Additional structure manipulation functions
* symbolic: The Octave-Forge Symbolic package adds symbolic calculation features to GNU Octave
-) Use function files:
Create a new file e.g. worker.m and fill it with
function s = worker(x)
% worker(x) Calculates sine(x) in degrees
s = sin(x*pi/180);
In your main .m file you can call it with
-) Load a file into a variable with the load command (Local Mode):
data = load('name-of-file.txt');
* Bugfix: Editor colors for dark mode
Ratings and Reviews
Does not support standard functions
I bought this app thinking that I could use all the standard features of Octave. Functions like fprintf, load do not work at all. Please fix this or provide accurate description before people buy it.
If you thought you can use Octave while in the subway or offline somewhere, you're sorta right but not so. You can type away but you don't get any answers. So effectively this is as useful as having a PDF documentation as reference and using your Notes app.
Once you have Internet you can verify your answers and get output.
3 stars for trying but we need the real thing running locally. If it's impossible then I'd like my money back.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your report. Please note that you can do everything offline. You only need an internet connection at the time you want to generate the result. Please contact us directly if you have any questions.
Great app! Great support!
This app is very good. I can now use octave on my iPad. I use it to teach a chemical engineering undergrad course. The new update is really helpful. The support is extraordinary. Daniel replies to queries on the same day. Highly recommend this app to anyone wanting to write codes to solve problems.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.