iAudition is a recording app for voiceover pros, by voiceover pros. Ready for iOS 9 and now with a companion Apple Watch remote.
Never a miss another voiceover audition with iAudition. You can record, edit and send your auditions from wherever you are, without the need for a recording studio or computer. And the best part? Your sent audio files arrive as MP3s!
iAudition is not only the perfect app for voiceover artists, but also a great solution for journalists, students, and anyone else looking for a great iOS recording app. No matter where you are, you can take out your device and record high quality audio, make quick edits using familiar functions and send them to anyone via email or even share the recordings with other iOS apps. Emailed auditions arrive as MP3 files and can be instantly played on virtually any computer, mobile device or tablet.
Thanks to feedback from users, iAudition is constantly evolving:
- Launch, record and share. Simply hit record, listen back, record more and send!
- iAudition supports external microphones, so, use that AT2020+ or favorite USB microphone.
- Start a recording now, add more to it later, keep it on file to send whenever!
- Need a breather? Pause your recording and resume when you're ready
- Record multiple takes, then edit out what you don’t need, selecting audio is easier than ever before
- One take wonder? No problem; just hit Send after recording and off it goes.
- Not in the Voiceover industry? iAudition is also a full featured audio recorder usable by anyone looking for simple controls and excellent audio quality…not to mention the ability to have your audio files received as MP3’s!
No more fussing trying to figure out how to edit
- iAudition's waveform editor is familiar. Press and hold to start selecting audio, cut, copy, paste and save when you're done.
- Save your edited auditions as a new file or overwrite your old file
- Undo edits just like you would on your computer
Other great features:
- Using iOS 9 sharing, you can open up a recording in other iOS apps like iMovie or Garage Band
- iAudition uses the native iOS mail app, so send auditions just like any other email to anyone in your contacts
- Customize your message-just like any other email-prior to sending
- Cut, Copy, Paste, Redo, Undo in Edit mode for convenient editing
- Pinch to zoom and swipe to scroll in Edit mode to easily navigate your recording
- Make precise edits with the selection bar
- Highlight portions of your audio as needed
- Control recording and playback with your Apple Watch
* For best results, we recommend keeping audio files under 15 minutes in length.
For documentation, walk-through videos and more information, please visit iauditionapp.com. Recommended for iPhone 5 and higher, iOS 7+.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
We completely re-designed the waveform generation engine to make it clearer and more familiar to those who work with Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs)... Plus, more under-the-hood enhancements to make your lives better.
Ratings and Reviews
I was just about ready to delete this off of my iPhone because it kept crashing. But I noticed that there is a new version update. The new version update for this application is much more stable. Not all of the new changes are positive though. The Record interface was much nicer on the older version. I am disappointed in the changes made to the recording interface I would ask that the developer please add an option to use that GUI to record instead of the ugly red record circle. Also the shown level used to be more detailed when recording. Now it is so simple no detailed audio level info just a vague bar, ahhhh. I dont like your new GUI. This version is more stable though. Audio sound quality much nicer clearer then some other recording Apps. I have used the audio edit, nice great add on. Needs a clear exit button yo get out of audio edit mode. Getting in is easy, getting out is hard. The audio edit lacks extra edits like fade in and fade out and reverb. I recommend using audacity to edit audio created here.
Moving around this app is confusing.
The export options in this version of the application are much better than what they used to be in the old version. This has been improved.
Needs polishing. 3 stars
I have a brand new iPhone 5s and iAudition is sometimes sort of OK in a pinch. But as another reviewer wrote "In edit mode, it moves to landscape view but the popup menu stays in portrait, so you can't reat the options 'save and exit, exit without saving,' etc." And it is very frustrating to navigate the editing process that way. It also messes with the rest of the phone when you try to get out of the app. It seems to freeze my phone in landscape mode for a moment before it goes back to portrait view. I feel that this app should've been free or at the very least cheeper until they worked out the kinks and made it more stable and user friendly.
Love it...pretty easy to use!
I actually just found this app because there was a VO audition for it. I bought it, used it and sent it to the agency! Now I don't have to use my garageband to record and go through the trouble of converting it to mp3 when this app does it for you! I should give it a 4 star just cause it's a little slow and closes when I don't need to, but I guess you just have to be patient.
I also would love it if I can take a clip from 1 recording and paste it to the one you're currently working on. Would be great!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Everyday Giants LLC
- 4.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016. Aflalo Communications Inc.