iBabylon – your best translator!
Babylon, the world’s leading provider of dictionary and translation software, brings you iBabylon for iPhone, iPad and iPod.
iBabylon gives you quick and comprehensive dictionary results in over 75 languages, as well as effective full-text translations between dozens of languages.
- Translate to Multiple Languages: iBabylon allows you to choose multiple target languages and receive translations in all these languages for every word – simultaneously!
- Dictionary AND Full-Text Translations: seamlessly switch between ‘Term’ and ‘Text’ modes. In ‘Term’ mode, you get in-depth translations for words and expressions. In ‘Text’ mode, you can easily translate full paragraphs with a single touch.
- Huge Selection of Glossaries: Gain access to translations from over 1,500 glossaries in 75 languages. iBabylon provides translations from various data sources including language dictionaries, reference glossaries, subject-specific glossaries and much more.
- Choose Between 15 Interface Languages: Whether your native language is English, Russian or Chinese, iBabylon can be easily adjusted to suit your preferences.
- Pasteboard Integration: To make things a little easier, iBabylon integrates with your device’s clipboard. When the application detects new content in the Pasteboard, it automatically provides a dictionary definition or a text translation for this content.
- Automatic Language Detection: iBabylon will automatically attempt to detect the language of new text entered for translation.
- Landscape Support: Seamlessly switch between portrait and landscape modes to maximize screen utilization.
- Shake to Clear: Shake your iPhone to clear the previous result and enter a new term for translation.
- Fast and Intuitive: iBabylon starts up in less than 2 seconds, and is immediately ready – just type the word and hit ‘search’. No need to provide the language – iBabylon will detect it for you.
Note: iBabylon retrieves results online from Babylon’s servers, and requires a working Internet connection to function correctly.
- Major UI improvements
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I have noticed that if you try to translate from Chinese (traditional) and tap the button for the 'translate to:' selection menu then it gives you a menu with nothing on it and the back button does not work, I find this extremely irksome and hope that it will be fixed now that you know of this problem, I also wish to thank you for making this quite wonderful app and I use it quite often
Still the best translation engine but...
Babylon is by far the best translation engine that there is, but this app lack on several aspects mainly on its interface that is simply not practical and sometimes very annoying. I hope that improvements are to come!
Completely Unusable for iPhone 6+ IOS 10.3
I installed iBabylon app, then wasted an hour with my iPhone and iPad trying to get the app to work -- Arabic-English, English-Arabic. Ditto for Hebrew, Farsi, and German. Nothing worked.
Online translation at Babylon's website does an okay job.... eventually, but on either iPhone or iPad I find it quite awkward and time consuming, especially since the popup ad urging me to get the app will not take no for an answer.
This is the very worst app I've ever encountered. This the first time I've ever left a one-star review for any product or service.
The developer, Babylon Ltd., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Babylon Ltd.
- 2.9 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 5.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 1997-2014 Babylon Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.