ibis Paint X is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 50 million times in total as a series, over 2500 materials, over 1000 fonts, which provides 325 brushes, 63 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 325 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
*Differences between ibis Paint and ibis Paint X
ibis Paint X shows advertisements.
If you purchase the In-App upgrade, the ads will disappear and there will no longer be any difference with ibis Paint.
We provide you with two ways of purchasing ibis Paint: “Remove Ads Add-on” (one off payment) and “Prime Membership” (monthly payment). When you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
If you have already purchased the “Remove Ads Add-on”, even if you cancel the “Prime Membership”, advertisements will remain removed.
The more people become prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
[Remove Ads Add-on]
Unlike ibis Paint (paid version), advertisements are displayed on ibis Paint X (free version). If you buy this Add-On (one off payment), advertisements will remove.
Even if you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Added new brushes (Sequin Pen, Sequin Pen (Hexagon), Sequin Pen (Star), Sequin Pen (Heart), Hair Gloss 1, Hair Gloss 2).
- Now you can export settings such as settings you configure in the Settings window, color palettes, and brushes as an "ipcfg" file.
- Added an alert which is displayed when entering to the My Gallery screen where free storage size is less than 250MB to warn that the app may not work properly.
- Modified the default pressure adjustment graph for SonarPen.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug that causes the app crash when you reorder custom brushes in the Brush window or favorite gradations in the Gradation Map filter.
- Fixed a bug where the app may crash if multiple alert boxes are displayed at the same time.
- Fixed a bug where the wait indicator (that indicates the progress of a process) remains without disappearing after the automatic import process of artwork files failed and has been stopped.
- Fixed a bug where an unintended line is sometimes drawn when you are using "Real Time" Stabilizer.
- Organized the values of "ineffective" default parameters of some basic brushes. The "ineffective" parameters are, "Jitter Color" parameters for "Double" brushes ("Double" brushes don't use Jitter Color feature), parameters of Blurring/Jitter Color/Scatter/Texture for brushes that don't use these features, parameters of Water/Double types for brushes that are neither of Water/Double types, parameters of "Billboard Display on Array Ruler" for brushes for which "Billboard Display on Array Ruler" is OFF.
- Fixed a bug where the app crashes if you add one knob with Bezier Curve/Polyline Drawing tool (with a normal brush such as Dip Pen), select some kind of brush (such as Outline brushes), turn the Drawing tool OFF, and draw a brush line.
- Fixed a bug where the app sometimes crashes when you touch the display with two fingers in My Gallery screen or Collection screen.
- Fixed a bug of the "Reordering artworks" feature where the artwork you are holding is displayed away from the position of your finger if you have been touching the display with two fingers and touched up one finger.
- Fixed a bug of the "Reordering artworks" feature where the orderings of artworks become wrong if an artwork is added to the My Galley screen while you are reordering artworks.
- Fixed a bug of the "Reordering artworks" feature where an artwork is unintendedly displayed in enlarged view mode if you tap an artwork immediately after reordering operation.
- Fixed a bug where the app sometimes crashes if you delete more than 100 artwork files at once in My Gallery screen.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One of my hobbies is testing drawing apps, and I have had at least 7. I’ve drawn in everything from Notes to Procreate by Apple, but they don’t compare. I got it yesterday, and I already know the functions, and have made better works on here than anywhere else. It’s easy to use, free, and the only ads there are are tiny ones either at the top or bottom of your screen. No videos. It’s incredible. You get amazing brushes, and all for one ad. And you don’t need to spend money just to enjoy the full extent of ibisPaint. So over all, five star review, will not disappoint. (Ok maybe it will I don’t know your style)
Edit: It’s been a while since I first got this and first posted my review! So here is a little update to my thoughts:
It’s always updating! Some annoying things with the eraser and bucket tools have been fixed and all the brushes have been adjusted and some were added! It’s cool to see how much they pay attention to what people need from this app. Editing photos is an easy process, instead of having to do it in the photos app or Photo shop. Anyway, still a five star, I haven’t found any problems with it. But I do think that they should add a settings area in the main page, and a toggle that can turn on or off the function that makes it so when you go out of a drawing or your device dies, you can’t use the ‘go back’ button. I’m not sure how these sorts of apps work, but if that is possible, please make it so.
What else can I say about ibisPaint
If you love drawing or a gacha life person you are going to love this app. You can draw what ever you want. Do you like sharing your drawings? You can share your art in ibisPaint. And they will reward you by putting your photos up when you enter ibisPaint. If you are a Facebook or instagram you can share. I am going to say get this app because if you get the original one it cost so not worth it but ibisPaint x it is worth it because it does not cost so if you rate these a five star I will be proud. I will never wanna see 1 or 2 star ratings because they are faking them. Always a five star. Who ever made ibisPaint x it always helps us to do my own comics from gacha life. Spoiler alert if you play gacha life there’s gacha life 2 and .... you’ll need this app for epic things to make. I made a mermaid on ibisPaint x and whoever made this I would tell them great app and tell never stop doing great things on the app. And don’t get me started about my friends and cousins. I made them get app because they are great drawers who like gacha life. Then they make a mascot. And I hope someday I get to share there art so they will be happy with me and never delete this app. It is a peace and relaxing app. And thank you ibis paint x for giving us this great app. I hope this never goes away because I am loving this app 👍🏻. Bye guys and hope you see more of my ratings!
AMAZING with some minor issues
I love IbisPaint and I suggest that many more people should use this amazing app. I love everything about it. It’s just overall a very easy-to-use drawing app with so many choices. Of course it could be all positive, but there are some minor issues. The first thing is that the ads are pretty unnecessary and kind of annoying. I love the stamps, but the ads you have to watch are a bit irritating...I also do not want to spend money on such a minor issue so if you can make all of the brushes free, that would mean a lot. Second, when you zoom in, the brush strokes are very pixelated but I think that’s normal. I am not sure but if you can, can you fix it? I don’t know if that is normal but whatever. Something else good is that the app is very easy to use. Unlike some drawing apps, the directions are very complex—however, ibisPaint is the opposite! All of the brushes and layers are very easy to use. One other thing, the colour palette. Don’t get me wrong, I love how you can create your own colours and use them, but is there a way so for example, I have a light pink, and a dark pink. I want to put the light pink in front of my darker one. You can’t do that. That makes it kind of weird, because you can’t move around the colours. If you can let them move around, that would mean a lot to me. Again, I love this app and I hope you can just fix some of the things I suggested. No hate, no pressure—keep on working!
An online artist of IbisPaint
- ibis inc.
- 94.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © ibis inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove-Ads Add-on $7.99
- Prime Membership $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.