ibis Paint X is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 100 million times in total as a series, over 2500 materials, over 1000 fonts, which provides 381 brushes, 71 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 381 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
*Differences between ibis Paint and ibis Paint X
ibis Paint X shows advertisements.
If you purchase the In-App upgrade, the ads will disappear and there will no longer be any difference with ibis Paint.
We provide you with two ways of purchasing ibis Paint: “Remove Ads Add-on” (one off payment) and “Prime Membership” (monthly payment). When you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
If you have already purchased the “Remove Ads Add-on”, even if you cancel the “Prime Membership”, advertisements will remain removed.
The more people become prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
[Remove Ads Add-on]
Unlike ibis Paint (paid version), advertisements are displayed on ibis Paint X (free version). If you buy this Add-On (one off payment), advertisements will remove.
Even if you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
The summary of this update is as follows.
[Changes in ver.8.1.0]
- New brushes "Color Changing 1" and "Color Changing 2".
- Bug fixes. Please see the "News" in our website for more detail.
[New Features in ver.8.0.0]
- Added "Special Pen" which consists of Lasso Fill, Lasso Eraser, Liquify Pen, Copy Pen (Relative), Copy Pen (Fixed) and Copy Pen (Move) that can be used to get special results.
- Added a feature with which you can share brushes by QR codes. You can use it via the "⋮" button at the top right of the Brush window.
- Added "Waterdrop (Rounded)" and "Emboss" filters to the Style category.
- Added "Chrome" filter to the Artistic category.
- Added "QR Code" filter to the Draw category.
- Added "Find Edges" filter to the Adjust Color category.
"QR Code" is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
[Improvements in ver.8.0.0]
- Changed the names of "Channels Shift (Zooming, Moving)" filters to "Chromatic Aberration (Zooming, Moving)".
- Added an alert suggesting rasterization when the Transformation tool or the Filter tool is launched for a Text layer or a Frame layer.
- Added the "Reset Stylus Settings" button on the Settings window.
- If the "Movie Type" of an artwork is "View fixation", the frame size of the movie created when uploading or saving the playback movie of the artwork is now determined based on the canvas size of the artwork.
- When uploading to the cloud service of CLIP STUDIO, a confirmation window is now displayed after you logging in.
- When uploading to the cloud service of CLIP STUDIO, an error alert is now displayed if there is no enough storage space.
- Now the thickness mark is shown above the thickness slider when you change the thickness.
- Improved the brush tools (brush, eraser, smudge and blur) and the Bucket tool so that an error message is displayed if you try to use it on an invisible layer.
- Rulers and symmetry rulers are now displayed with thin lines while you are using the Magic Wand tool, the Lasso tool, the Bucket tool, the Text tool, the Frame Divider tool or the Eyedropper tool.
- In the Ruler Selection mode, symmetry rulers are now displayed with gray lines instead of blue lines used in older app versions.
- When you undo or redo the operations on rulers, the app was restoring not only rulers but also the activated tool. Now it does not switch the tool when undoing or redoing.
- If you use an Outline brush, switch to another tool and use the Bezier curve or Polyline drawing tool and cancel it by two fingers tap, then outlines were no longer connected if you try to continue drawing with the Outline brush. Now this point is improved and you can connect outlines in this situation.
- If you use an Outline brush, switch to another tool and use the Line, Circle, Ellipse or Regular Polygon drawing tool and tap the screen, then outlines were no longer connected if you try to continue drawing with the Outline brush. Now this point is improved and you can connect outlines in this situation.
- If you use an Outline brush, switch to another tool and use the Bezier curve or Polyline drawing tool and erase all knobs by the Delete button or undo, then outlines were no longer connected if you try to continue drawing with the Outline brush. Now this point is improved and you can connect outlines in this situation.
- Improved the process of creating the playback movie so that the process is not interrupted if you rotate the screen or use the Split View feature while the step 1 of uploading process or saving the video.
- Improved the process of uploading artworks so that the process is not cancelled if you suspend the app while step 2 or step 3.
- Added support for the privacy feature of the Photo library of iOS/iPadOS 14.
- Improved an error message which is displayed when app fails to access the Photo library.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
i’ve been drawing digitally for a few years, and have been experimenting with drawing apps ever since. however, i keep coming back to ibisPaint. it has a flexibility and very user-friendly interface that can be tuned to your tastes. i’ll admit, the many functions and options available to me was intimidating at first, but it quickly became simple and easy to use after i took a moment to explore the app. in my many years of using ibisPaint, i still haven’t discovered all of the things you can do as they keep adding new things.
ibisPaint is a staple drawing app for many artists, and it’s not hard to see why. it’s easy to figure out and the program itself is very cooperative and foolproof. additionally, one of my favorite functions is that all brushes can be unlocked for 18 hours by watching an ad, which is incredibly generous compared to other apps. in others, you would usually need to buy the full version to unlock the really useful functions (most of which ibisPaint offers initially for free). the team also has a tendency to actually read the reviews and reports, which has been helpful on multiple occasions. they’re is extremely efficient, so if there’s something you have an issue with, chances are it’ll be fixed soon ^^.
in conclusion, ibisPaint is one of the best digital art apps available on mobile devices. i would definitely recommend it to all artists, no matter the skill level. thank you developers for making a great app!
An honest opinion
I’m very new to digital art but I’ve picked up pretty fast and am already taking commissions. Out of all the programs I’ve tried this one is really stellar. It gave me everything others lacked such as more brushes and brush customization, paint bucket tool, merging layers etc. At first I will admit that I was a bit confused because of all the options on the interface but really you get so used to it after really drawing with it. The only time it crashes is when I input a image that the app deems too big, however it’s not a big issue because I can simply adjust the size and it works perfectly (plus it auto saves my work when it did crash). Some of the brushes can be very laggy but really they’re perfect for what I need. The ruler options are also very very handy. Really if you “cant draw” like the negative comments are saying I believe it’s a user fault, maybe they are on a wrong or hidden layer or maybe their opacity is down. I love this a lot. If ur reading this I recommend the download. a big plus is for just one ad you unlock all the locked features for 18 hours, unlike other apps that bombard you with advertisements and lock off everything. Bravo developers I can tell you care about this.💕 Definitely recommend downloading if you’re new to digital art. It introduces you to all the tools and for me even works without WiFi. And I was surprised to say that it’s auto recorded my whole drawing?? That’s SICK. Great great job🎨✨
One of my hobbies is testing drawing apps, and I have had at least 7. I’ve drawn in everything from Notes to Procreate by Apple, but they don’t compare. I got it yesterday, and I already know the functions, and have made better works on here than anywhere else. It’s easy to use, free, and the only ads there are are tiny ones either at the top or bottom of your screen. No videos. It’s incredible. You get amazing brushes, and all for one ad. And you don’t need to spend money just to enjoy the full extent of ibisPaint. So over all, five star review, will not disappoint. (Ok maybe it will I don’t know your style)
Edit: It’s been a while since I first got this and first posted my review! So here is a little update to my thoughts:
It’s always updating! Some annoying things with the eraser and bucket tools have been fixed and all the brushes have been adjusted and some were added! It’s cool to see how much they pay attention to what people need from this app. Editing photos is an easy process, instead of having to do it in the photos app or Photo shop. Anyway, still a five star, I haven’t found any problems with it. But I do think that they should add a settings area in the main page, and a toggle that can turn on or off the function that makes it so when you go out of a drawing or your device dies, you can’t use the ‘go back’ button. I’m not sure how these sorts of apps work, but if that is possible, please make it so.
- ibis inc.
- 83.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © ibis inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime Membership $2.99
- Remove-Ads Add-on $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.