ibis Paint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 150 million times in total as a series, over 2700 materials, which provides over 1000 brushes, over 1000 fonts, 74 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- Over 1000 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- 46 screen tone functions such as Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, Square, etc.
*About ibis Paint purchase plan
The following purchase plans are available for ibis Paint:
- ibis Paint X (free version)
- ibis Paint (paid version)
- Remove Ads Add-on
- Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan)
There is no difference in features other than the presence or absence of advertisements for the paid version and the free version.
If you purchase the Remove Ads Add-on, the ads will not be displayed and there will be no difference from the paid version of ibis Paint.
In order to use more advanced functions, the following Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan) contracts are required.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements displayed
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Now you can use Transform tool to Layer folders.
- In "Translate Scale" of the Transform tool, you can now choose "Interpolation Method" from "Nearest Neighbor (Dot)", "Average Pixel (Dot)", "Bilinear (Normal)", "Bicubic (Sharp)", "Lanczos 2 (Sharp)" and "Lanczos 3 (Sharp)". In particular the image quality of reduction is improved by this feature.
- In "Perspective Form" of the Transform tool, you can now choose the repeat method from "Off", "Inner", "Horizon" and "Full".
- Brush QR codes uploaded to Online Gallery are now downloaded easily from "Online" in the Brush window.
- Improved the Canvas Size Selection window so that more different sizes of each aspect ration can be chosen.
- Added "Bloom" filter to the "Artistic" category.
- Added "Cross Filter" filter to the "Artistic" category.
- Added "God Rays" filter to the "Style" category.
- Now you can specify color by color code in the Color window.
- Now the app responds to several keyboard shortcuts.
- Improved so that the Layer window will not be closed even if the undo/redo button is tapped while the Layer window is displayed.
- Improved the undo/redo button to be displayed when a Layer window is displayed on a phone device.
- Improved undo and redo functions using 2/3-finger tap gestures and digital stylus buttons even when a window is displayed (disabled in some windows)
- Changed so that the Transformation window slides out when the first finger is touched in the Perspective Transformation and Mesh Transformation of the Move Transformation tool on phone devices.
- The Perspective and Mesh Transformations of the Transform tool have improved image quality, especially when shrinking, when interpolation is enabled.
- When the canvas was enlarged, it was often difficult to see where the currently transformed object went when the repeat option was turned off in the Transform tool's "Transform Scale".
- Shortened the time it takes to start the Transform tool.
- Added a rasterization confirmation alert when launching the Transform tool from the Transform button on the Option bar of the Lasso tool or the Transform button in the Layer window for text, frame, or shape layers.
- When interpolation is enabled, anti-aliasing is applied to the outermost part of the drawing object in Perspective Form and Mesh Form.
- In order to prevent unintentional movement of the entire mesh during Mesh Form, the ability to drag the entire mesh with one finger has been removed and a move knob has been added instead.
- When the Current layer is not currently visible and cannot be made visible temporarily, the reason why the Transform and Filter tools cannot be started is now displayed and the tools are not started.
- Changed so that the animation to close the displayed window when opening the File menu is not performed.
- Changed so that the Bucket setting is saved regardless of the "Save Stabilizer Settings" setting.
- Added "Fill with Current Color" and "Fill with Current Opacity" setting items to the Stabilizer window.
- Changed so that the margin of "Add Frame" can be set up to half of the canvas size (width and height).
- Changed so that the "Border Thickness", "Horizontal Interval", and "Vertical Interval" of the frame layout can be set up to 1/10 of the canvas short edge.
- Changed so that data outside the bounding box of a layer is not output when exporting in PSD format.
- Changed specification so that after using the Eyedropper tool while painting a lasso, it will return to the lasso painting tool.
- Increased the opacity of the background color of the various pop-up windows in My Gallery and Collections to make the text more readable.
For more details, please see the "News" in our website.
"QR Code" is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app... but needs better sorting
I love this app for how simple it is to use and can get amazing pieces out of it with easy but versatile tools. The smudge and blur tools are one of the best ones Ive seen on iOS, doesn’t discolor or pixelate like other apps I’ve used. I use this app for my work as a comic artist, it’s easy to create nice line art even for someone with shaky hands (me).
On a bad note however, my goodness do I have to scroll so much just to find a specific piece I need to edit among other art such as personal and work related drawings. If there was a folder system this would be an app I’d recommend to nearly anyone. But there is little way to sort and you have to pay monthly for it, which tbh is kind of a waste considering the other features aren’t too helpful and the filters could be found in other apps with a one time fee. I often use procreate to keep my pieces together that need touch ups and further editing (without blurring bc the tool on that app is not good at all, Ibis Paint honestly has one of the nicest blending tools and I know that’s a turning point for a lot of people.)
In general, I love this app for its stabilizing and tools but find myself struggling to want to go to it after awhile due to the sorting and that small but very draining problem once you hit over 100 pieces in your gallery. Right now something like google drive or folders on your phone will be a life line to keep things neat.
Free and THE BEST
If you had to compare this drawing at to others, you will have to realize how this drawing app is amazing and simply astounding. It has so many great and professional features that other great apps/softwares have! Sure it might not be a photoshop(software because the app in phones/tablets is pretty... Shallow) but it sure is easy(just need to attempt to play around with the app) to open and most importantly, FREE! Of course there are ads but only for some dollars you can permanently buy the Remove-Ad version! With that out of the way it makes the app unique from other's. Other apps require you to have a subscription of months(sometimes annually) but Ibis Paint(the X version specially) does not require anything else from you other than to use the app and spread the word! Seriously, try it! It also does not hurt and you don't need any FREE TRIAL thingy like every other art app does.
Of course, like always, there will be things you wish for this app to add on and you can surely make a feedback note to them and suggest them something! Try it!
Please Consider Subscription Alternative
Almost perfect app! Just one thing.. While the subscription model isn’t obligatory, please consider one time purchase for each new feature as an alternative to the subscription model. It’s very hard to stick with subscription model because of cumulative investment, which might not be affordable for most aspiring artists in the long run. Lots of people hate subscription model too, and they might stick to the current version even if they actually willing to pay few bucks for the new features that they use. From your perspective, you put lots of features frequently so one time purchase for each new feature would be very profitable too. I think like many people who love this app, we do care about the developer team, so thank you for reading this and I hope you would consider it. Thank you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ibis inc.
- 68.5 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © ibis inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime (Monthly plan) $2.99
- Prime Membership (Yearly plan) $27.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.