ibis Paint X is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 35 million times in total as a series, over 2100 materials, over 990 fonts, which provides 142 brushes, 37 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
*Differences between ibis Paint and ibis Paint X
ibis Paint X shows advertisements.
If you purchase the In-App upgrade, the ads will disappear and there will no longer be any difference with ibis Paint.
We provide you with two ways of purchasing ibis Paint: “Remove Ads Add-on” (one off payment) and “Prime Membership” (monthly payment). When you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
If you have already purchased the “Remove Ads Add-on”, even if you cancel the “Prime Membership”, advertisements will remain removed.
The more people become prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
[Remove Ads Add-on]
Unlike ibis Paint (paid version), advertisements are displayed on ibis Paint X (free version). If you buy this Add-On (one off payment), advertisements will remove.
Even if you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Added the Prime Material feature and the Prime Font feature.
- Changed the color blending calculation around rendering frames or texts on a Frame layer, Text layer or Shape layer. It fixes a problem where the edges of the texts is too white. To maintain compatibility, this improvement is applied only to newly created artworks after this update.
- Now a popup window is shown when you tapped the button at the right end of a font on the Font List window, and it allows you to remove the font or confirm the license file if it exits.
- Changed the label of the "Region" button at the top of the Font List window (whether or not it appears depends on your language settings, i.e., it will appear when Japanese or Chinese) to the name of your language (i.e., "Japanese" or "Chinese").
- Improved the memory performance when you scroll the Font List window.
- Now a material which you selected is added to history tab when you canceled it.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a problem where a font could not be downloaded properly from some font distribution sites with the browser launched from the Font List window of the Text tool.
Ratings and Reviews
I have had this app for 3 or so years I have improved very rapidly! I was first drawing like a three-year-old and in one year I developed my own style I learned how to use all the colors and now I really love how I draw if you don’t give up and you know how to use the colors you can really improve on your drawing skills or your art skills this app is very useful if you want to have an art career I suggest you download this app :3 But.. I have been lagging a lot I tried deleting some apps but it won’t stop maybe it is just my scream I’ve never had this problem before so probably so far I have no reason to doubt the app I am a simple drawer all the time I draw I barely try but when I do try this app really helps the layers and everything you can’t find any of this under another app it’s amazing I have no complaints I am completely satisfied I do want to get better and if you do too and you love this app too please give it a good rate the creator deserves it! And if you’re reading this creator thank you very much I love this app I wouldn’t use any other drawing app it doesn’t suit my style this app also has pen adjustments you can adjust your pen to whatever liking you want it’s amazing how many things you can do on this app and The updates to come I bet will be amazing thank you very much for your time
It's amazing but needs some improvements...
I love this app so much, ever since I first downloaded it to begin my journey as a digital artist. However, as I've grown older, I've realized that while this app is awesome but I needs some improvement. For example, the brushes in ibisPaintX are great but a wider variety would be even better, also being able to import brushes so that users can experiment more within the app rather than stick to the same old brushes. Also, better setting for the brushes, you know, more options besides changing opacity, size, etc. Another improvement could be allowing scrubbing when viewing the time lapse of art. I know some artists, when they post online, add proof or wips of some kind in their post. I also do but sometimes I forget to take those while doing my artwork. Instead of having to remove layers in my piece, I could just click on the place in the time lapse to screenshot and I'm ready to go! Also, adding folders to layer options would be nice instead of having to name every layer in an artwork just to be able to find it again. And finally, adding a blending brush would be amazing. I have to use the blur tool and airbrush, which works well enough, but blending would be an absolutely great addition! That's all I can think of on improvement! Other than that, this app is amazing and an absolute blessing to the young digital artists out there in the world! Thank you!
Amazing for drawing
I normally don’t write reviews, but this app is so wonderful and I use is so often I decided I would. The layering options are amazing for things like shading and lighting. There is this thing where you can select an area and you will only be able to add things in that area. This is super helpful for when I’m adding highlights to hair. The best part? ITS FREE! Yes, they have a paid version too, but I have the free version and it works just fine. Most apps won’t let you do anything unless you pay, but this app is rather fair, and you can get all the brushes by watching one video! Truly the best drawing app I have ever used. And when I’m done, I can get a speed paint of my work, or just simply import the picture to my camera roll. Last thing I promise~ This is the first app I’ve seen that allows you to make transparent pictures, simply Amazing! You can import a picture when you first pick your canvas size, or add it in later after. 10/10 would recommend for drawing, speed paints, sketches, etc. it’s super easy to use and perfect for beginners. A thing I always hate is when I get a new app and don’t know how to use it. This however is super user friendly and easy to use and share. That’s it thanks for reading! :)
- ibis inc.
- 61.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © ibis mobile inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime Membership $2.99
- Remove-Ads Add-on $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.