An intuitive, ergonomic mobile trading platform. Monitor market activity and trade with real-time quotes, charts, and market scanners. Both standard order types and complex option spreads are supported.
Thinking about opening an account at IBKR? Take our mobile platform for a test drive: no registration or username is required to log in and view unlimited delayed quotes.
Interactive Brokers LLC is a member of NYSE – FINRA – SIPC and regulated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
* iOS 14.2 and 14.4 Stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The IB app is okay - limited, but fine for keeping on eye on things if you’re on the move, and it’s improved a lot over the years.
1. On my iPhone 7, the drop downs for modeling date and parameters (P&L, Greeks) for an option contract don’t work. They drop down but roll up immediately before I can select anything. Works fine on my iPad Pro.
2. Again in option contract modeling - allowing only 5%, 10% and 30% max moves is inconvenient when one is trading daily/ weekly contracts, especially close to expiration. Would like a to be able to chart at (say) 1% and 3% moves also.
3. Overall, options modeling is somewhat limited. Would like to be able to model complex positions in a less clunky way - probably not on the iPhone, but definitely on the iPad.
4. Adding a little more capability to charting (again on the iPad, rather than the iPhone) would be great... things like customizing colors/ line style for indicators, customizing background color, adding template capability (i.e. saving layouts), etc. Doesn’t need to become TradeStation - just upgrades for usability and appearance.
So many wrong calculations
Almost every calculated value is routinely wrong. Daily P&L seems to randomly change every time I open the app (while markets are closed over the weekend). Options P&L graphs always show the result of the previous date selected, so if I want to see the potential P&L at expiation, I have to scroll all the way to the end, wait for it to load, *then* selected another date, such as the second-to-last date. The “Home” tab has very limited functionality, and the top graph includes deposits in the total growth, with no option to switch to the time/money weighted return % graphs easily accessible on the browser version. Finally, the performance outside of market hours is very poor; Options P&L graphs take several additional seconds to load, and the complete lack of access to the system on Friday evenings (Pacific time) is very inconvenient. These factors make it almost impossible for me to do research and prepare for the upcoming week when it is convenient for me to do so (over the weekend)
Portobello try another platforms app
I have been using IBKR for a year. I can tell you that the portal and mobile app are horrible experiences. 1. The have developed it using cheap outsourced developers in Eastern Europe with little UX knowledge. 2. The security on the website and app require your WiFi connection to have a dedicated IP address to allow you to log in, and deducted IP is not available or expensive to get from your telco for home subscriptions, and is definitely not available in coffee shop WiFi networks. So basically you can access the site only from your office WiFi. 3. The interface is horrible and slow to load, and you are unable to categorize your stocks into portfolios, or to filter or sort stocks but more than a handful of parameters they have selected for you. 4. App freezes you out often so you need to log back in. 5. And more recently, the whole site has gone down and you couldn’t log in at all for several hours couple of days ago, and today, the portfolio page doesn’t even load when you log in.
Developer Response ,
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have fixed #5 from the list of given issues. Could you please share more details about rest of the items? Please share details with the developers directly at email@example.com so that we can better understand what’s going on and fix the issues as soon as possible.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Interactive Brokers LLC
- 44.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Interactive Brokers LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.