HCL Connections (formally IBM Connections) is social software for your business. It enables you to build a network of colleagues and subject matter experts, and then leverage that network to further your business goals. You can discuss ideas, work collaboratively on presentations or proposals, share photos or files, plan and track project tasks, and much more. HCL Connections is a server product that is deployed on your company intranet or the IBM Connections Cloud. This HCL Connections mobile app extends access to that server for employees, like yourself, who are on the go directly from their iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. This app can also be securely managed by your company administrator through server side policies.
- Securely drop documents, presentations and photos to your colleagues with Files.
- Find experts in your organization and build a social network with Profiles.
- Join together with others to accomplish business goals thru Communities.
- Influence and share your expertise thru Blogs and Wikis.
- Get everyone on the same page using Bookmarks.
- Track your project progress to success with Activities.
- Share news, links and status across your network at any time.
- View and print documents, presentations, and spreadsheets over AirPrint
In order to access your company Connections server, you will need a userid and password along with the URL address of the server. The app will prompt you for this information.
In order to access your Connections files on IBM Connections Cloud Engage using the app:
- When you start the app tap IBM Connections Social for where you want to connect.
- Enter the userid and password for your account.
If you are an end user and experiencing a problem, please contact your company IT help desk. If you are a Connections administrator experiencing a problem, please open a case at the HCL customer support site. In addition to rating the app here at the App Store, you can tell us what we have done right or what we can do better by emailing HCL mobile software engineering directly at email@example.com.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Update to MaaS360 SDK configuration to address an enrollment issue
- Updates for Create Community. This feature is only available for customers running Connections 6.0 CR6 in on premises environments.
Ratings and Reviews
Handy for Cloud Access to many file types
For the most part, I'm enjoying this app for access to both SmartCloud and private Connections servers. It is easy to switch between accounts and navigate most Community and/or File content.
I have one specific bug to report for v4.6.1: audio is not heard when playing .MOV files. In prior versions, launching a .MOV file played both audio and video in sync. Something seems to be recently broken?
In our situation, the .MOV files are the result of IBM SmartCloud Meetings Recordings.
Even the Lynda app supports authentication via SSO with our company servers. Our policy requires connecting via VPN but, if I can do VPN in and connect to this service using the very simple mobile Safari browser, there’s really no reason I shouldn’t be able to use this app (and it’s probably using HTML anyhow).
I can’t believe that the mobile app is asking for password when my email is configured for SSO in web version.
- HCL America
- 140.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2011, 2019 HCL Technologies Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.