IBM Connections Chat is the official app for presence, instant messaging, audio and video chat, and telephony for IBM's award-winning Connections platform.
IBM Connections Chat delivers new and exciting capabilities that give you access to your people networks from the comfort of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. IBM Connections Chat follows on IBM Sametime's footsteps to help you accelerate your business processes, improve decision making, and ultimately help you make the leap to the new way to work. IBM Connections Chat works with your IBM Sametime 9 infrastructure and features built-in integration with IBM's Connections Cloud family of offerings.
• Rich presence including geographic location
• One-to-one and group chat with offline messaging support
• Chat history
• One-to-one audio and video chat
• Broadcast announcements
• Powerful search capabilities
• Send and receive photos
• Robust push-notification support
• Support for multiple communities
• URL-based, one-click configuration
A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the web as http://www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml. All references to names in the images refer to fictitious company and fictitious persons, designed for illustration purposes only.
• Updated Polycom SDK
• Minimum version of iOS is now OS11
• Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Works but lots of bugs
The app works perfectly fine:
Allows to login n perform the activities intended to.
But there the app is not complete yet..here is what I found should be fixed for better usability:
1. Logs out when app is in background... Ex: while working on sametime if another app is opened, the user logs out n everytime app is opened, user needs to login. The only workaround is that user creds can be save to allow auto login...
2. The chat history gets skewed and chat history is not readable. Sometimes it looks as if the chat history is displayed as latest on top (not the conventional view) but this is not true as the following chat displays latest chat at bottom..making it skewed.
3. The notification is not user friendly... Instead of showing short ID, it would be better to display the full name. The message notification on notification center can show a bit of some message unless it is ok from enterprise regulations
This app is terrible. It is extremely slow to login and slow to load contacts but worst of all it logs you out when you background the app for too long. Need to respond to a couple text messages? Oh, well, you’re logged out because you backgrounders this app! Need to make a phone call or take one? Too bad, you’re logged out of this app. It’s completely ridiculous and I have yet to run into any other chat app that does this.
Developer Response ,
Open device settings, scroll down to IBM Chat and open it. make sure the setting Connect at Launch is turned ON.
No longer works after update.
The latest update no longer connects to our server. This product was very buggy to begin with.
- HCL America
- 36.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright IBM Corp. 2011, 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.