Connections Chat is the official app for presence, instant messaging, audio and video chat for the HCL Sametime platform.
Connections Chat works with your Sametime 9 and 10 infrastructure and features built-in integration with Connections Cloud family of offerings.
• Persistent chat support with version 10 Sametime Proxy
• Multiple simultaneous device support with version 10 Sametime Proxy
• Robust Contact list management
• Integrated Sametime presence
• One-to-one and group chat
• Broadcast announcements
• Powerful search capabilities
• Send and receive photos
• APNS-notification support
• Support for multiple communities
• URL-based, one-click configuration
Connections Chat supports both the IBM Sametime 9 and 10 Proxy. The persistent chat and multiple device support requires the Sametime 10 Proxy.
For more information on Connections Chat, visit https://www.hcltechsw.com/wps/portal/products/sametime or join us at our Sametime Blog at https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=community_forum&sys_id=e3c946d01b80841077761fc58d4bcb04
Updated MobileIron SDK
Ratings and Reviews
Works but lots of bugs
The app works perfectly fine:
Allows to login n perform the activities intended to.
But there the app is not complete yet..here is what I found should be fixed for better usability:
1. Logs out when app is in background... Ex: while working on sametime if another app is opened, the user logs out n everytime app is opened, user needs to login. The only workaround is that user creds can be save to allow auto login...
2. The chat history gets skewed and chat history is not readable. Sometimes it looks as if the chat history is displayed as latest on top (not the conventional view) but this is not true as the following chat displays latest chat at bottom..making it skewed.
3. The notification is not user friendly... Instead of showing short ID, it would be better to display the full name. The message notification on notification center can show a bit of some message unless it is ok from enterprise regulations
Current update crashes on launch every time
Worked fine until I updated today. Now it crashes as soon as it opens. Apparently no Q/A testing was done?
Works beautifully if you have the right server installed
For all those complaining it doesn't work or notifications don't work - that's not IBM, that's your server infrastructure. The right version of Sametime configured correctly works with this app beautifully. You need Sametime Community Server v8.5.2 IFR1 and Sametime Proxy Server, as well as a DB2 database working with the Proxy for notifications.
If it doesn't work for you, go talk to your IT department and verify if they have the system requirements in place.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HCL America
- 67.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright HCL Technologies Limited 2011, 2021
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.