*** NEW!!! New universal version (for iPhone and iPad)
iBreviary TS Plus "Pro terra Sancta".
Owner, creator and founder: Paolo Padrini
Developer: Leonardo Parenti
iBreviary is the Catholic application that brings you the traditional
prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours and all the texts of the
Eucharistic Liturgy on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
iBreviary TS Plus "Pro terra Sancta" wishes to contribute, through a
partnership a partnership with the Custody of the Holy Land, to the
development of friendship and prayer for all Christians living in the
Optimized for iOS10 and with support for Retina Display.
- Breviary: texts of the Liturgy of the Hours (also according to the
Ambrosian Rite and the Vetus Ordo)
- Missal: texts, prayers, formulae and rubrics necessary for the
celebration of the Eucharist (also according to the Ambrosian Rite and
the Vetus Ordo)
- Readings: biblical texts assigned for the daily Eucharist
- Prayers: the principal prayers of Catholicism.
- Rites: all the rituals and texts for various Catholic celebrations
(Sacraments, Eucharistic Adoration, Blessings, etc. )
- Missionaries of the Precious Blood
- Holy Land (Terra Sancta)
- Celebrate with the texts of the day, whether for an optional
memorial or obligatory memorial.
- Complete management of saved days (selection and deletion)
- Download an entire week instantly.
- Adjust the background color intensity.
- Increase or decrease the text size.
Other new features:
- Common texts for the Liturgy of the Hours and the Missal.
- Optional Memorials.
- Compline of the preceding day.
- Receive notifications, containing useful information regarding the iBreviary.
- Auto-Download: each day upon waking, you will find the iBreviary ready
for daily prayer.
- Autoscroll (pray without scrolling on the screen using your finger )
- Text-to-speech (listen to the text of the Breviary)
- New Full Screen view (no navigation bar)
- New visual styles (classic, old, simplified, nocturnal/night)
Minor bug fixing
Ratings and Reviews
Still Have Display and Other Issues on iPad Pro iOS 11
I’ve been using the app for years, primarily on an old iPad 2 and sometimes on an iPhone. I got a new iPad Pro with iOS 11 and the display in portrait mode does not work. The text is pushed to the left using about a third of the screen. I as hoping today’s update would fix this but it has not.
In landscape mode, the text options panel disappears completely. The links started working in the last release but are not working in this one. The links in book mode do not work.
I tried to use the email link for support but the app crashed. Please fix this wonderful app. Most of the clergy in my diocese use it.
Such a blessing
What a friend we have in Jesus, thank you for providing these prayers to pray and get to know Him better. He has been showing himself to me through prayer, and these prayers really help when I don’t know what to say. Being not the best impromptu communicator, I am filled with gratitude in my heart for the service you’ve provided here. God truly heals all diseases and all sorrows. Loving Him is the perfection of our faith and these prayers really communicate who he is, and the app is faithful to the real breviary so I believe. I like the old script style ... can we have more of that in future updates? Also is there a way to look up readings and psalmodies in any day of the year and not just from yesterday through the next ten?
If you’re a man, you gotta pray this. You’ll see. Anyway, thank you again and may God bless you and all who pray to Him in a sincere heart.
It’s working on my iPhone 8 and iPad Pro with iOS 11
Love this app and have used it to death through several iPhones.
I just upgraded to an iPhone 8 and picked up an iPad Pro at the same time. On the iPhone 8 running iOS 11, I had problems getting iBreviary to open. It kept closing on me. I deleted the app from the device and just downloaded it off the cloud and it is working great after it went through an installation set up. When I first set up this iPhone, restoring my apps from iCloud, it must not have installed it properly, or I may have interrupted the completion of the install. If you have problems as I did - remove and re-add it, but when entering the app the first time, leave it alone so it can run through final installation - about 3 minutes for me. The process was the same on iPad.
- Paolo Padrini
- 78.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Paolo Padrini (Creator) e Leonardo Parenti (Developer)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.