Updated Nov. 2020, comprehensive science-based dietary guide to manage IBS, its variations & symptoms. Includes Low FODMAP and SCD guidelines. (ICD-10=K58)
Choose This not That for IBS. Inside this colorful app, you will find easy to follow suggestions on how to improve your health through nutrition and the food choices you make every day. This app provides comprehensive and actionable nutrition guidelines for how to prevent and reduce symptoms associated with IBS.
Scientific research shows that there are a number of nutrients and natural food items that play a significant role in dealing with herpes. If you rather tackle health issues and risks through proper nutrition and lifestyle changes then this app is for you!
A number of powerful, unique and interactive features make this app so different and superior to others in the market:
• Separate guidelines for those who might be at risk with any of the following conditions or symptoms along with IBS: anxiety, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, depression, diarrhea, excess weight, gas/flatulence, heartburn, hypertension, high cholesterol, indigestion or stress.
• Separate guidelines for Low FODMAP and Specific Carb Diet (SCD).
• Is this food good for me? This feature answers the common question if a food of your choice helpful or harmful to your personal situation. And it does so in an easy to understand and colorful graphic form.
• Top-5 recommendations on what to eat/do, and what not to.
• Food Suggestions. The best food choices within a food group, based on your personal profile. An extremely valuable tool when at restaurants or when grocery shopping. Over 850 natural food items and growing number of recipes are included.
• Suggestions on appropriate life style choices, alternative therapies and herbal remedies, when such options are promising and available to you.
• ACTIONABLE information on what is good, what is bad, and what is neutral for your condition(s). We don't just point you to a food group. We single out specific food items, and give you an ordered list of helpful and harmful foods within each food group.
The primary sources used by this app are US government agencies such as USDA, NIH (National Institute of Health), PubMed, and leading clinics & universities.
Personal Remedies is the producer of the world's first e-dietitian and publisher of the largest collection of health and nutrition apps for chronic conditions. Based in metro-Boston, home to the highest ranking healthcare providers and academic institutions in the world.
This app is updated by our team on an ongoing basis. Updates happen seamlessly, and do NOT require frequent inconvenient downloads.
“This technology was developed using the most current clinical evidence-based information that is available in the US. Behind this technology there is a team of expert clinicians, scientists, endocrinologists, oncologists, and other specialists who are passionate about bridging the gap between expert knowledge and the patient.“
Katya Tsaioun, PhD, Nutrition, Tufts University; L.D.N.
“Proper nutrition and other alternative treatments show great promise in preventing and treating many of the illnesses that we deal with every day. I encourage all my patients to follow appropriate nutrition and research other options for themselves. The Choose This Not That series are an excellent step towards improving people’s knowledge in this area.”
Shahin Tabatabaei, MD
Mass General Hospital; Harvard Medical School
“The Choose This Not That series of apps provide dietary recommendations focused on common chronic health problems. They are easy to understand and thus easy to implement into daily life. Most doctors would find it difficult to discuss dietary recommendations at the level of detail found in the series. They should serve as a valuable complement in helping people manage chronic illnesses through dietary and lifestyle modifications.”
Andrew S. Lenhardt, MD
Lahey Clinic, Beverly, MA
We have made significant updates to the content and functionality of the app since its last release. We have also included more detailed info on references, and the scientific papers and research behind the content of this app.
Ratings and Reviews
Crashed, but okay now
I just purchased this app and can't even register. It continues to crash. Please refund my money!
I received a quick response on why I couldn't register, and am now enjoying the information from this app.
I could’ve really used this, but
This app will not open. I can’t get passed the sign up page. PLEASE FIX OR REFUND MY $3.99!
Developer Response ,
For the benefit of other users, you need to close your on-screen keyboard before tapping on the Sign Up (or any other) button.
App is not working, I want a refund
I just got this app and I was excited to use it. Every time I open it, it shuts down. Too bad, it doesn't work. I tried closing the app and turning off my phone, still the same. I want my money back.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Personal Remedies, LLC
- 3.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Personal Remedies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.