Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Background Refresh
• Download in the background
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App (iPhone/iPad)
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Variable playback speed
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for skipping ahead and skipping back
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 16.4 or higher.
If you get ongoing value from iCatcher, then please consider the Tip Jar in the help and settings tab or tell your friends about the app. Thank you
Bug fixes for 8.1.1
+Performance improvements to address CPU spikes leading to crashes
+Fix for sluggish scrolling due to issue with where the app was looking for store files.
Bug fixes for 8.1
+Fix for sort order on podcasts tab ready to play (most, then recent)
+Fix for episodes to ignore missing add button
+Fix for oldest unplayed playlist setting (after refresh)
+Fix for missing chapter/bookmark button after creating a bookmark
New Stuff in 8.0
+Interactive Widgets on supported devices
+Updated Now Playing view to closer match what the experimental now playing view has had for a long time now.
+Support for episode images. Some podcasts add downloadable images for each episode. If the setting is enabled, then those images will be downloaded when starting playback for the selected episode. Settings tab, Appearance, Episode Images from Feed.
+Ability to export a playlist (settings) to send to someone else or to send to another device. This doesn't send the contents, just the settings/rules for that playlist.
+Export settings to transfer to another app or just to save and restore later.
+New option in Settings, playback, general, Max Audio Volume. This is separate from the devices volume. Useful for those that have asked for lower volume
+Help tab removed and merged with the settings tab. Settings tab search now includes searching help topics. At least the help topic titles.
+Subscribe is now Follow. A change other apps have made some time ago.
+Additional app intents available through the shortcuts app for iOS 16.
+Added Command+Option+Left and Command+Option+Right shortcuts for skip back and skip forward to work better on the Mac
+New playlist published date filter added, Oldest Ready to Play. Podcasts would need to be refreshed for the property to be updated.
View the Settings tab, What’s New to view past updates
Follow me on x @joeisanerd and mastodon email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing podcast app
I've been using this app for many years, and it is by far the best podcast app out there. It has tons of features and configuration options. Support of the app is also great and not only for reporting issues, but also feature requests. I recommend this app to anyone who wants a great app for podcasts. UPDATE:this app just keeps getting better and better with each frequent update! 5 stars!! UPDATE UPDATE: Loving the new night time mode. Great app. I recommend it for your podcasts. UPDATE: it’s a bunch of years later, and this is still the BEST podcast app out there. Always getting updates and added features (some feel like Easter eggs. Lol). Amazing app and a must have. UPDATE: just had to use the feature where there is a playable audio file on a webpage, copy the link and then import it. Works like a charm. Very useful feature. Love this app and have had it since almost day one of it being on the App Store! UPDATE: Still loving the app. 2023 Update: still the best of casting app around. The developer really cares for their app and it shows.
STILL loving this app all these years later. THE best podcast app out there.
This app does one thing very well: it does not collect your user data. Other than that, I’ve been using this for months now and it is very frustrating to use. It has a million features, but half of them don’t work consistently, and the other half are often quite confusing to figure out. For one thing, often it will decide that it can’t play an episode that you were in the middle of that you were previously playing. It will give you some error and ask you to re-download or force quit or just dismiss the error. Sometimes I’ve gotten it to play the episode later by deleting it and manually re-adding it to a podcast list. Other times that just doesn’t work and I just can’t listen to that episode ever again no matter what I try. It doesn’t have a basic recently played list. It has supposedly that will auto fill, but this also doesn’t actually capture all of the episodes you may have recently played. It will randomly tell you that a podcast you were subscribe to isn’t available. This just scratches the surface. I really wanted to like it, because I believe it’s the only one that I found that doesn’t collect my user data. But it has a lot of problems, and the fact that I’ve just spent the last 15 minutes trying to get it somehow to play the episode I was in the middle of the other day, makes me want to delete it entirely. I think it’s time for me to search again for another player.
I really like the functionality of iCatcher. From the smart playlists to refined selection filters to keeping track of unsubscribed podcasts to defining exactly how many new episodes I want to download to setting a start and end offset so I can skip the opening and closing credits (and ads), and much much more…
So why only four stars? Well, there could be some improvements. For instance, the only playback speed under x1 available are ½ and ¾! Meanwhile, I can play faster at 1½, 2x, 2½, 3x, etc, which I never do. But if I want to go to 3/4, I have to cycle through all the higher speeds before getting to what I want. Meanwhile, I have to rewind to listen to what I missed.
And then, there are bugs… The app does not play well with iOS. It crashes periodically, leading to a rebuild of the episode database. When I press the play button on my ear phones, even if that was the last app I used, I get sent back to Apple Music, instead of iCatcher. I have to manually open the app, which is not safe when I’m driving. The episode list of unsubscribed podcast does not get refreshed, so I can’t search through it unless I delete the podcast then subscribe to it. Then unsubscribe. And these are just a few of the minor annoyances. I hope they clean up the whole thing.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Joe Graf
- 34.8 MB
- Requires iOS 16.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Joe Graf
- In-App Purchases
- Really Big Thank You Tip $4.99
- Enormous Tip $9.99
- Big Thank You Tip $2.99
- Thank You Tip $0.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.