iCatcher! Podcast Player 9+
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Background Refresh
• Download in the background
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App (iPhone/iPad)
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Variable playback speed
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for skipping ahead and skipping back
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 15.1 or higher.
If you get ongoing value from iCatcher, then please consider the Tip Jar in the help and settings tab or tell your friends about the app. Thank you
+Fix for the more playback speeds option for the classic now playing view.
+ Fix for playback speed button in the older now playing
+ Fix for stats in settings tab.
+ Voice over label correction for the jump back and jump forward amounts
+ Fix for text missing on confirm delete episode on the watch
View the Help tab, What’s New to view past updates
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd
Ratings and Reviews
Best app for serious podcast listener
I came to the app store searching for a replacement for my old podcatcher. They decided to “upgrade” and get rid of many of the tools that allowed listeners to control the settings for individual podcasts...but I loved those tools and enjoyed having that level of control / customization.
This catcher caught my eye because it said I could make playlists and many pod catchers don’t allow you to easily do that, so I figured I would give it a try. Turns out this catcher was exactly what I was looking for! It’s true, you can adjust just about everything in this catcher, including somethings you didn’t know were adjustable. It’s fine for a novice or someone who doesn’t listen to a lot of podcasts, it’s easy enough to use and you can leave all the settings at their default so you can simply add podcasts and press play...BUT, if you listen to a lot of podcasts, want to make playlist with episodes from all different shows or are a control freak (jk, but not really) THIS IS FOR YOU!! If you’re here because your old podcatcher no longer does “XYZ” - get this! This catcher does the whole alphabet!
This app does one thing very well: it does not collect your user data. Other than that, I’ve been using this for months now and it is very frustrating to use. It has a million features, but half of them don’t work consistently, and the other half are often quite confusing to figure out. For one thing, often it will decide that it can’t play an episode that you were in the middle of that you were previously playing. It will give you some error and ask you to re-download or force quit or just dismiss the error. Sometimes I’ve gotten it to play the episode later by deleting it and manually re-adding it to a podcast list. Other times that just doesn’t work and I just can’t listen to that episode ever again no matter what I try. It doesn’t have a basic recently played list. It has supposedly that will auto fill, but this also doesn’t actually capture all of the episodes you may have recently played. It will randomly tell you that a podcast you were subscribe to isn’t available. This just scratches the surface. I really wanted to like it, because I believe it’s the only one that I found that doesn’t collect my user data. But it has a lot of problems, and the fact that I’ve just spent the last 15 minutes trying to get it somehow to play the episode I was in the middle of the other day, makes me want to delete it entirely. I think it’s time for me to search again for another player.
This is a good podcast app with minor flaws
Two things drew me to this app: it’s a one-time purchase, and it doesn’t collect data about me. Everyone else wants a subscription. ICatcher is a full-featured podcast that does everything I want, like automatically check for new episodes and add them to my playlist, has a search feature to find and subscribe to new podcasts, has an in-app browser, everything you’d expect.
There are some minor irritations. Every once in a while, it redownloads old episodes I’ve already listened to, marks them unplayed, and adds them to my playlist. Also, I have a few podcasts that I’m catching up on and don’t want the newest episodes automatically added to my commuting playlist, and while it odd easy to exclude those podcast episodes from being automatically added to the playlist, I also can’t manually add episodes from the excluded podcasts. I’m pretty sure that’s a bug. I emailed the developer through the feedback option in the app, but I haven’t gotten a response.
As I said, I like the one-time purchase, but I also like the tip jar, and I plan to use it. I’m glad Apple copied that from Windows Phone’s App Store. It’s a great way to support developers without being forced into a subscription.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Joe Graf
- 27.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Joe Graf
- In-App Purchases
- Really Big Thank You Tip $4.99
- Big Thank You Tip $2.99
- Enormous Tip $9.99
- Thank You Tip $0.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.