Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Background Refresh
• Download in the background
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App (iPhone/iPad)
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Variable playback speed
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for skipping ahead and skipping back
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 12.1 or higher.
+Bug fix for Siri shortcuts not running in the shortcuts app
+Bug fix for voiceover bug that could cause a crash when dragging multiple episodes into a playlist
+Bug fix for "add missing episodes" feature not pulling in all past episodes
+New option to disable the context menu (force touch/long press on an episode). Settings tab, default actions Context Menus
+Added additional Siri integration for iOS 13. You can say "Hey siri, play x podcast from iCatcher!" or "Hey Siri, play x playlist from iCatcher!"
+Added additional filter option within a podcast (last 7 days)
+Added support for contextual menus (iOS 13+) on episodes. Tap and hold or force touch to get quick access to actions similar to swiping left or right.
+Updated most of the icons in the app to use apple's new icon sets (iOS 13+)
Other 6.0 notable updates
+New mark as played option (delete episode)
+New after playing setting (delete episode)
+The podcasts tab has been updated with greater filtering options. Including: All Podcasts, Subscribed, Not subscribed, Podcast with Seasons, Password Protected, Imported Media, Downloaded, Streaming, Unplayed, UnPlayed (not ready to play), Empty/Played
+Like the podcasts tab the episodes within a podcast have new filtering options. Filters include: All, Recent (last 30 days), Ready to Play, Unplayed, Downloaded/Queued, Played, Deleted Episodes
+Back-to-Back playback renamed to Continuous playback to be consistent with other apps.
+Jump Forward/Back has been renamed to Skip Ahead/Back to be consistent with other apps.
+Chapter Support additions. Updates to the chapter parsing as well as the ability to view chapters for a downloaded episode that is not the currently playing item. Swipe left on an episode, tap more and Chapters/Bookmarks.
+On the list of custom Playlists you can now swipe left or right to access additional options like toggle playback and copy playlist
+When subscribing to a new podcast you can have it added to multiple playlists
+Current Audio route is now displayed on the Now playing view in the app
+New Podcast Default, After Playing option. Delete after 1 hour. The app will periodically check for episodes with downloads that have been played more than hour ago that have been played. Partially played episodes that are then marked as played and not marked as protected and their podcast isn’t set to keep the download will be cleaned up.
+Import media improvements. From the podcasts tab you can tap edit, then tap the more (3 dots) button and choose "New Import Media Podcast" to create an empty podcast for you import media. Go into that podcast and tap the podcast icon and select "Add additional media" to add media via the Files app. See Import Media in the help topics
+You can now drag episodes between imported media podcasts. You can also swipe left, access the more option and set the Season/Episode # for imported media episodes. This allows you to consolidate your imported media items into 1 with multiple seasons and use the seasons filter for viewing. A season and episode # are numbers only.
+Better support for podcasts that have seasons. Those that have seasons will have a season filter available within the podcast above the other filter options.
+Additional Siri shortcuts added. Mark as played, start next playlist, start previous playlist
+Many bug fixes including Picture In Picture video, podcast search categories and playback with AirPods version 2
NOTE: If you used the Approved WiFi Networks feature (settings tab, Download Options) and are now on iOS 13, that feature no longer works due to new restrictions in iOS. Adjust your auto download behavior as necessary.
if you enjoy iCatcher! and want to show your support there is a Tip Jar in the app. Thank you.
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd
Ratings and Reviews
Best Podcast App
I love this podcast app. Way better than the apple built one. It has so many features and the developer has made it so stable over the years. He also updates as soon as there is a new os and new screen size. When I got my iPhone X, lots of high profile apps took forever to update for the screen but this app was updated before I even got the phone in. One thing I appreciate is that the app developer so far doesn’t limit what podcasts you can find and subscribe to. I find it kind of ridiculous that Apple can “delist” podcasts from their app. A podcast is just an RSS feed, a URL basically. The podcast app is a specialized web browser for finding and subscribing to RSS feeds. I wonder if Apple is planning to make changes to Safari so that it can’t go to certain websites. I don’t need Apple to tell me what content to listen to. Hopefully Joe agrees with this and keeps his app open and honest. Thank you sir for making such a great product.
Best podcast app
I’ve been happily using iCatcher for years. I tried a few other options in my early podcast-listening days, but they all ended up annoying or frustrating me in some way or another. And I recently tried to set up the Apple podcast app for my husband, and while it’s ok for someone who doesn’t listen much, it doesn’t have anything close to the flexibility this app offers. iCatcher allows me the flexibility to easily manage my 90+ podcasts. I love that I can unsubscribe to keep ones I want to try someday in the wings, or ones that might be going dormant, but I’m not sure yet and don’t want to let go just in case! And I heavily use the customizable playlists to categorize by the type of podcast as well as the level of attention I want to devote to them. Overall this app gives me all the flexibility I want and need while still being pretty simple to use. Keep up the great work!
Great playlist features
I went through a ton of podcast apps trying to find one with the playlist features I needed, until I found this one and decided to take a chance on it.
Key playlist features (for me):
Ability to make static playlists of episodes where the episodes remain on the playlist even after they are played.
Ability to create a playlist that filters by keyword, for example to have all episodes of a podcast with a certain word in the title. This one is extremely useful, especially for the actual play podcasts I listen to that can have multiple campaigns running simultaneously in the same feed. The only improvement here I can think of is slightly more advanced filtering, currently you can have multiple keywords to create an OR filter, the option to create an AND filter or exclude episodes from the playlist by keyword would be nice, but what this has is already something that’s made creating the playlists so much easier. You can also select individual episodes to include or exclude for cases your filter doesn’t quite handle right.
The only feature I’d like that’s missing is the ability to have the display order be newest first but the play order be oldest first, however the playlist feature have made this much less necessary for me.
- Joe Graf
- 41.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 and watchOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Joe Graf
- In-App Purchases
- Thank You Tip $0.99
- Big Thank You Tip $2.99
- Really Big Thank You Tip $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.