Developed by the leading ICD-10 educator in the United States, the nThrive Education University ICD-10 Virtual Code Book app allows the user to enter clinical terms and/or disease/condition names to search for correct and specific ICD-10-CM codes without the use of a code book or encoder. The app allows the user to enter additional clinical words and modifiers to refine searches and drive to a more specific code especially for conditions offering hundreds of code choices. It also provides detailed information on each code including guideline and convention information such as, Excludes, Includes, Code Also, and other rules governing code selection, while still offering this in the same easy-to-access view.
The app also offers specific ICD-10 documentation tips for many of the conditions listed allowing the user to ensure the required documentation is included with the code choice. It also allows saving Favorites for quick reference, looking up codes by chapter, and cross-references and links to other related codes.
The nThrive Education ICD-10 Virtual Code Book eliminates the need of an ICD-10-CM code book as all codes and guidelines are contained within its easy-to-use, clinically-focused interface. This app is perfect for physicians who do their own coding, non-coders or billers who select codes, or even professional and hospital coders who want an innovative mobile solution to find the right code when needed.
• Physicians who code
• Non-credentialed individuals who code
• Professional and hospital coders
• Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists
• Professional Billers
• Quality Assurance/Compliance/UR Review
• Any healthcare professional coding or looking up codes
• Includes every ICD-10-CM code with guidelines and conventions
• Easy-to-use functionality allowing search of codes using clinical/condition terminology as well as entering in codes directly
• Provides documentation tips for many of the diseases and codes to drive more specific documentation and severity of illness
• Allows saving of Favorites to enable creation of quick reference code lists and quasi-Super Bills
• Built to be easy for non-coders or physicians to use in searching for codes without the need of books or encoders
• Frequent updates to enhance the app through new features and changes made by CMS
Updated ICD-10 codes and index to FY2019.
Updated and added additional Documentation Tips.
Ratings and Reviews
For having to pay $8 for this app, you'd think it wouldn't constantly freeze up and shut down. They seriously need to fix that! The app is just ok - it's not really difficult to find codes but it's not very easy to either.
Best of the Best
This app has saved my life! I've been a coder for 23 years using ICD-9, and the thought of switching to ICD-10 has given me nightmares. Not any more. This app is the most comprehensive app for ICD-10-CM I've ever seen or used. I now feel totally comfortable coding with ICD-10, and I recommend it to all coders. Thank you Precyse for doing an excellent job of making this change so much easier. I hope you will be coming out with a procedures app soon. I'll be looking forward to it.
A really good iOS ICD-10 app
Reviewing version 2.0.1 on October 17th, 2013.
I am a US Physician and as such will be required to use ICD-10 by October 2014. I tried a few other apps as well as websites and I like this the best. The app is fairly fast on an iPhone 4S running system 7.x and has a nice and intuitive design. It helps guide you in choosing the correct set of codes.
Pressing the X to remove a search term sometimes does not register as another reviewer pointed out, I hope this is fixed in a future version
You need to use specific spelling, such as search for "felon" not "falon" and search for "orchitis" not "orchiditis" (the latter is a variant of orchitis).
Having such a complete and useful ICD-10 reference on an iPhone is wonderful, no heavy book to leave on my desk let alone lug around. The $8 price I paid is more than reasonable.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.