Ice Cubes is a fast, reliable and beautiful Mastodon client.
You can connect to any Mastodon instance and use the various features this app offer.
- Browse your home, federated and local timeline
- Push notifications.
- Favorite, boost, share, and even quote any toot!
- Great iPad support with a column dedicated to notifications
- You've read it right, this app offer a quote toot feature, Ice Cubes will also embed any other toot link so the content is easily readable.
- Organize your timeline with lists, add and remove users from lists, create new lists!
- Filter your timeline by your lists, followed tags and more.
- The timeline is also live, this app is connected to the powerful streaming API of Mastodon so you won't miss any content!
- You can even pin other instance local timelines, you can keep up with all your communities from the same account.
- Explore, search and discover new content with a powerful explore tab.
- Dedicated tab for your direct message.
- Multi accounts support and easy switch between your accounts.
- A lot of customisation options.
- AI Tools Integration, you can get a little help from your AI friend when composing your toot, it can help you correct your text or even shorten it!
- And much more to discover within the app.
Bonus: It's completely open source, you can have a look at the code here: https://github.com/Dimillian/IceCubesApp to learn more, and maybe even follow along!
- You can now translate the generated image description.
- There is a new media carousel for posts with multiple images.
- Better media UX in the post editor.
- Better and faster autocomplete in the post editor.
- Fix to account authentication.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s absolutely non-toxic here! Yay!!!!
I have been on Mastodon for about a year now, using different instances with different profiles. And every instance that I have played around them, I have found nothing but positivity, mind blowing creativity, lots of friendly Neurodivergents, and an atmosphere that is upbeat and helpful, unlike the negativity, the intolerance, and the oneupmanship to be found on Eeeeks, formerly known as Twisted, and on Blechbook. I haven’t been on any instances where you experience homophobia, transphobia, racism, ableism, misogyny, Islamophobia, Christian nationalism, extremism of any kind, or just plain undirected hate, unlike the big boys. Your kids can’t even be safe if you make sure they join a good instance with great moderators/administrators. The ones to which I belong do not tolerate hate and negativity of any kind, and the most that show other than PG-rated content automatically use NSFW warnings.
I like this app the most out of the iOS clients I've tried so far. However, there's no way to upload a new icon or header image and that's super annoying. I have the option to save my own icon or even use markup on it (???) but not to upload a new one. Very weird. Another issue is that most of the time (probably 70%) when I go to another user's profile, the app force quits. Doesn't matter what instance the user is on. I also just noticed, when I am able to view another user's profile and I tap on their Followers or Following list, the app will only show me users on the same instance as me. This is the weirdest thing. I want to see everyone my friends are following, not just users on the same instance as me. This happens even if my friend whose Followers list I'm viewing isn't on the same instance as me, which is just weird. I looked everywhere for a setting on this issue since I didn't see this occurring on any other client but I don't see one anywhere. I do like that I can change the app icon but it seems weird to have that option when I can't even change my own profile icon.
Nice iconography + Follow other local timelines
I’m not an icon or font snob, but some other Mastodon apps have gotten cute with their icons and I keep hitting the wrong buttons! I originally gave Ice Cubes a try just because the icons are more representative of what they do.
I stayed because I really like the feature that allows you to follow other local timelines on other instances. It’s like attending one high school but being allowed to read (and respond) to another school’s newspaper.
The layouts are pretty and crisp and it allows customization. Currently using on iPad and Mac.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Thomas Ricouard
- 31.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 17.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 17.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 14.0 or later.
English, Basque, Belarusian, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Contests Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2022 Thomas Ricouard
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly supporter subscription $0.99
- Nice Tip $2.99
- Generous tip $6.99
- Insane tip $13.99
- Small Tip $0.99