Over 2 million downloads!
#1 iPad app! Featured by iTunes in 146 countries!
WINNER! iOS game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014
WINNER! Overall Game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014
WINNER! Best casual/puzzle - Pocket Gamer Award 2014
Metacritic top 20 – all platforms 2013
“Nitrome couldn’t have done a better job bringing the series to mobile devices. A Viking Voyage is perfect!” - Jayisgames
"I’m not entirely sure that I could be any happier with Icebreaker. It’s an incredibly fun, incredibly diverse, and incredibly clever physics puzzler." - 148 Apps
"Definitely give this a look if you've ever remotely found yourself enjoying physics puzzlers." - Touch Arcade
“Bursting with clever level design and creativity, this physics-puzzler is a cut above the competition.” - AppSpy
An epic adventure based on the award-winning flash game!
An icy wind has swept the Vikings away, leaving them stranded throughout the land and surrounded by trolls, deadly traps, dangerous enemies, and worst of all… troll snot!
Now it’s up to you to save them!
Use your icebreaking skills to solve puzzles and cut your way through ice, rope, cannons, explosives, slime and… err… chickens to get your clan back safely to the Viking longboat!
• Based on the award-winning flash game by Nitrome, now expanded, updated, and optimized for iPhone and iPad!
• 140 action-packed levels in three different lands!
• Beautifully immersive world filled with vikings, trolls, deadly theme park rides, and looooots of ice!
• Use special god powers to speed through tricky levels!
• Side quests!
• Unlockable secrets!
• Epic final bosses, including the gigantic Mountain Troll and his legendary indigestion!
Can you seize your destiny and become the new icebreaking champion?
Important Message for Parents
This game may include:
- Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page.
- Advertising of Nitrome products and also products from select partners.
- The option to make in-app purchases. The bill payer should always be consulted beforehand.
- iCloud saving is now working properly so you can share your progress across devices
- We've remove the pesky ads that free users were experiencing
- 64bit support for latest iOS devices
- Various bug fixes
- Brand new snazzy preview video
Ratings and Reviews
The game is very entertaining, with goals of completion, coin collection and "par". Some levels involve quite a big of thought, some require speed and coordination, but most levels involve puzzles that you can figure out at your own pace.
I initially thought that the game was going to be too easy. Under-Dwell levels step things up. Although I don't like in-app purchases in paid games, you don't need power-ups to get through the game.
The graphics are an intentional throw-back to video games of perhaps the 1980's, and the choice of using "jaggies" on text and some images can take a while to get used to - but does not affect game play. The touch controls are a bit unusual, understandable and probably unavoidable given the nature of the game play, but not complex.
Those who want to speed through the story elements should take note of the "fast forward" button that appears during those portions of game play - although some contain important information, you can skip them if you choose or have already seen them.
Amazing, Great Graphics, And Addicting!
Great game! I used to play this when I was about 5 years old, and when later on, my dad deleted it, because he had finished it. When I got much older, I really wanted to play it again, because for some odd reason, something reminded me of it. I searched everything that would relate to the title, and it could never find it. Then years later, I was about to go on my moms ipad, and suddenly I saw the game, and it reminded me so much of my childhood. Now, I love playing it and it's probably one of my favorite games! Also, I would love an update with more levels! Amazing game keep up the great work!
Just a lot of fun
I love the music. I found myself humming it hours later. It isn't all that easy as you go forward, so the gameplay is challenging enough. The graphics are great, it's an homage to 8bit, but totally updated. It's just cute. I assume they had to give Cut-the-Rope a contender in the market. I haven't needed to buy anything yet in the game, but I like rovio's power ups - especially in angry birds star wars. You can fully enjoy this game with no visits to the Shoppe. And the scoring is simple, so the gamecenter leader board won't be hacked off the charts for this (maybe).
- 58.7 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013 Nitrome Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- bundle of 10 Fingers of the Gods $1.99
- bundle of 30 Fingers of the Gods $4.99
- bundle of 80 Fingers of the Gods $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.