ICNC mobile app offers participant-led, instructor-moderated, or self-directed online courses on civil resistance, giving access to top-notch content in the field. These courses are designed with a wide range of participants in mind, such as scholars, activists, students, general audiences, policy and government professionals, journalists, and civil society practitioners. After you register for ICNC’s online courses, you will be able to enroll in ICNC Academic Online Curriculum, a vast collection of civil resistance material with a multitude of videos, PowerPoints, and references for online and offline readings, among others. ICNC adds new courses and new materials to its online course offerings throughout the year. Register, open and use the app regularly!
- Learn from top civil resistance scholars, activists and experts
- Make posts in interactive discussion forums & share information about civil resistance & nonviolent movements
- Download individual videos, text, units, sections or entire courses
- Access downloaded content offline anytime
- Delete units, sections, or entire courses
- Browse through open and upcoming courses
- Quick and easy navigation through the courses and their content
- Automatic information about the download size of a file
- Automatic updates when new content is added
WHAT LEARNERS ARE SAYING ABOUT ICNC ONLINE COURSES
“The ICNC online course improved my awareness of civil resistance movements”
Ssebuliba Naluswa Wilson, 2017
“ICNC offers great & valuable online courses on civil resistance. It is a beautiful job that deserves support & respect”
Alba Purroy, 2017
IMPACT OF ICNC ONLINE COURSES
After taking a single online course with ICNC, learners indicated more than 50% increase in civil resistance knowledge and in comfort level of speaking about civil resistance. The number of learners that knew little about civil resistance and had little confidence in their ability to speak on the subject have markedly decreased from more than 25% at the start of the course to none after completing a single online course with ICNC.
International Center on Nonviolent Conflict (ICNC) is an independent, non-profit educational foundation that develops and encourages the study and use of civilian-based, nonmilitary strategies aimed at establishing and defending human rights, democratic self-rule and justice worldwide.
To carry out its mission, ICNC:
• organizes educational events that are attended by diverse audiences, including activists, scholars, members of NGOs, policy professionals, and journalists
• holds university seminars and practitioner workshops
• develops curricular and offers online courses
• supports cutting edge social science research and publishing
• supports the development of educational materials and resources for activists, scholars, members of NGOs and the policy community, and journalists
• translates educational materials on civil resistance into diverse languages
• provides small grants for practitioners and scholars
• curates and highlights news about civil resistance around the world
• connects people with educational resources and each other to help them in their work
- Fixed bugs and minor improvements
- Support of newer Open edX version
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- International Center on Nonviolent Conflict
- 64.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The International Center on Nonviolent Conflict (ICNC) 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.