iComics® is a Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch that allows you to read DRM-free comics from your own collection, quickly and smoothly!
"Highly customizable and polished" -The Best Apps for Reading Comics on Your iPad, MakeUseOf, 2015
"Attractively designed" -Best Comic File Readers, AppAdvice, 2015
Supporting all of the major comic formats, iComics makes it extremely easy to import comic files onto your iOS device and start reading them straight away!
* Supports all of the major comic formats (ZIP, CBZ, RAR, CBR, 7ZIP, CB7, TAR, CBT, LZH, LHA, EPUB, PDF).
* Collections for organizing sets of comics.
* Hot jumping directly from one comic to the next.
* Super smooth scrolling when turning pages.
* Comics can be imported from your PC via iTunes, or from other apps on your iOS device (Such as Dropbox, or Safari).
* Comic files are never modified or destroyed (So you can get them back off your device whenever you want!)
* A slider that lets you jump between comic pages quickly.
* Comics can be read from left-to-right, or right-to-left (Great for Eastern comics)
* Page zooming can be set to reset every time a page is turned, or locked to the same scale across all pages.
* Extra wide comic pages can be split up and treated as two separate pages.
* Many sharing settings including being able to email, print or locally save individual pages!
iComics requires iOS 9.0 or higher
Supported hardware includes:
* iPad (2 and above)
* iPhone (4 and above)
* iPod touch (5th Gen)
* Adding bookmarks.
* Integrated Dropbox, WiFi and web browsing for importing comics.
* Integrated comic metadata editing.
* The ability to extract nested archives.
* Being able to crop/format comic covers.
Follow 'iComicsApp' on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook for updates!
- Support for the all new iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and iPad Pro!
- General compatibility fixes and improvements for iOS 12.
- Added the ability to sort comic collections by title.
- Added the ability to turn comic pages with Apple Pencil (2nd Generation).
Ratings and Reviews
YES , YES , YES!
I’ve literally downloaded every comic book reader in the AppStore and they were all difficult and hard to use, it was a total nightmare. I really HATE buying apps, but I was so desperate I crossed my fingers and hoped I didn’t waste a 1.99$ on a garbage app, well I’m glad I took a leap ! You get what you pay for, you PAY for something to work and it WORKS!
This is the best and easiest comic book reader I’ve came across. I use iCloud to import all my comics and this works great! ( go to the iCloud website on your computer , create a folder for your comics and drag the CBR Files to iCloud Drive on PC, once they’re done downloading in iCloud you just download them using the files app built in on your iPhone!) it’s really very easy and hassle free. To add your icloud books you simply press one button and load them
Up using this app! I’m very very very overjoyed that I found this!
Definitely worth buying
I think this is definitely the best comic reading app out there. I tried all the decent ones before buying this one since the rest were free and even then I gotta say that this was for sure worth the 2 bucks. There are okay alternatives to this but none of the other apps come even close to the quality of this one.
Just a small suggestion from me, though: I think you should add an option to be able to scroll down through all the pages connected (like a scrolling down on a webpage. Hopefully I’m making sense here) instead of only being able to go right one page at a time. The app is really good at what it does right now but I just know that some people prefer this method of reading.
But anyway, great job on this app!
Best comic reader I've tried
I use this app everyday to read cbr and cbz comics. It's excellent at that. It's true that the import process could be better (for example, the app crashes when the name of the comic file has a dot), but I use iTunes to import a whole folder of comics once in a while and then read them for weeks (so this little annoyance takes just a small percentage of time compared to all the good times I have with the app).
I would definitely recommend it to everyone! Congratulations to the developer for such an amazing job! 👍👍👍
- Timothy Oliver
- 35.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2018, Timothy Oliver. "iComics" is a registered trademark of Timothy Oliver in Australia, pending other countries.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.