20% off for limited time: Get the best 3rd party Hue app now!
This most complete of all Hue apps brings out the best of your Philips Hue lights! Organize your Hue Lamps: Assemble groups for rooms, zones or special purposes. Light up your party with Discotainment (optional), dinner or bedroom in your favorite colors and moods with easy to use drag & drop-functions! Want to go to bed? Just start the integrated sleep timer and close your eyes. Intelligent timers only act when you need them.
Have a Hue compatible switch (Tap, Dimmer, Smart Button, FoH, Wall Switch Module, Aurora) or Motion Sensor and want more flexibility? Colors, scenes, sleep timers, reminders, brightness, blinking, on/off and even color animations (optional)! Motion sensors can either turned off or return to the last state of inactivity.
Philips made it "App of the month" 5 times: iConnectHue was made to be powerful, but still solves complex tasks with ease. This all comes in a nice clean package. It's possibly the only app you will need for your Philips Hue Lights!
Get more information about all the fantastic possibilities on https://iconnecthue.com/features
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any issues, please contact us! Our team will try hard to solve any problem that you may encounter.
• Full feature set - control almost every aspect of your Hues - and constant updates
• Family focus: Scene sharing, family geofencing (first one turns on the light, last one off - optional), group hiding
• Everything non-music related happens on your bridge - your iPhone can stay off!
• Color animations on the bridge. No more empty batteries, everybody w/ iConnectHue can stop them!
• Create beautiful Magic Scenes, color your home - they work in every group and are super easy to create
• Drag & drop colors from one light to another
• Multiply the possibilities of your switches and Motion Sensors! More flexibility than any other app on market (more: https://iconnecthue.com/features)
• Create the iOS widget you want! Add scenes, switches, sleep timers, reminders, light states and dimmers, motion sensor temperature & more
• Access your lights and timers when not at home
• Intelligent timers: Start them by time and day, by condition (group on/off or presence - w/ optional Automation), use colors & scenes, use random offsets, use sunrise or sunset time
• Instant timers: Darken lights when you go to bed, let your lights remind you, transition to scenes
• Find new lights & devices, add lights from other bridges, update your firmware
• Integrated tutorials and FAQ make it easy to understand the usage and to solve problems
• Supports every Philips Hue hardware (including Gradient!) and many 3rd party lights
To allow further development, additional modules are available via in app purchase or membership:
• Automation turns off lights when the first arrives and the last left, plus individually by user
• Animation Upgrade for unlimited animations, upload to switches, use them on your Apple Watch, widget & timers
• Discotainment - sync lights to music with Hue Entertainment, make your home a Disco - works with every source thanks to microphone use
• Weekend mode lets your switches and sensors act differently on week vs. weekend
• REAL multi bridge support - control multiple bridges with just one app, without switching
• With Watch Plus you can control your groups, adjust their brightness and load their scenes, start sleep timers
• Additional animation and Magic Scene packages
• Basic: All purchases, adds sharing of Magic Scenes and Animations
• Pro: Like Basic, plus additional features (e.g. group picture and -widget), Apple Family Sharing of membership
Options & pricing: https://iconnecthue.com/app-options
It's less than a single Hue light! We want the best app for you and invest time and money. More:
It's the most comprehensive Hue app available:
HUE BRIDGE V2 REQUIRED!
New in iConnectHue 4.12
We've added support for the brand new Hue Tap Dial Switch and improved the Watch app. These are the changes:
** Hue Tap Dial Switch support **
The new Hue Tap Dial Switch is supported, and with it, all the great features our switch editor provides:
• Use it with many alternations, like group-on-state, multiple presses, by daylight, by time, by week(end)
• Use Magic scenes, Scenes, Animations, timers, group/light switches and more
• Use the wizard to set it up, or set it up as you like
If you have Pro, your first switch will automatically be set up to have the right color temperature depending on day and night, every switch toggles a different temperature. Long pressing turns off all your lights, rotate right to switch on, rotate to adjust brightness.
As its integration was quite work for us, in development and testing as well as for our designer, its support is available with the 2022 upgrade or included, if you have a Membership.
You'll find a review of this nifty new device on our homepage: https://iconnecthue.com/supported-devices/#hueTapDialSwitch
** Improvements to the Watch app **
We've refreshened the design of our watch app - and we think it really stands out!
Not only this, if you have a Membership or the 2022 Upgrade or purchased the app with version 4.10 or later, you'll get haptic feedback and the right icon for your group type.
If you have an Apple Watch and didn't try out Watch Plus or our Pro Membership, which even lets you use your Widget on your Watch, this is really a good moment to do so!
•• Please help us with a positive App Store rating, if you like these changes or want to support iConnectHue. Thank you! ••
If you run into any issues, don’t hesitate, contact us from within the app. You will surely get support! Need a quick check for a question? We also have an elaborate FAQ: https://iconnecthue.com/f-a-q/
• improved mDNS bridge search
• A few problems in the switch editor resolved
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t even bother with the Philips app
I’ve been leaving a lot of negative reviews lately and was thinking I need to review an app that I DO like. So the other night as I was using this app, I realized that I don’t really like that a bulb flashes when you select it; I wonder if there’s a way to turn that off. Lo and behold, yes! Of course there is, because this app is built around functionality and the user experience to actually let you use your devices how YOU want to use them, unlike the Philips app. That app seems to be built around some weird, half-remembered nightmare the developer had one time, crossed with a ton of interference from a bunch of brain-dead executives…
Anyway, where the official app makes everything as hard as possible to do, in this app it’s easy to find and customize almost anything you need to. The wizards for accessories (like for the remote and tap) especially make that process super-easy, and it gives you a ton of customization options, too.
There are few of these subscription apps that are actually worth the cost, but you get more than your money’s worth with this app. If this app didn’t exist, I think I would have totally gotten rid of ALL my Hue equipment by this point. Philips should be PAYING this company, because their own sloppy, anti-user app makes it almost impossible to use their products. But with iConnectHue, it’s breeze.
THE Philips Hue App
With the limitations of both the native Hue app, Apple HomeKit, and all of the other comprehensive controllers, this has by far the most features, the best interface, and makes the most out of your Hue and Friends of Hue devices. It also leverages newer iOS tools like Siri, Shortcuts, and Widgets nicely. Finally, it’s very well supported. The price is cheap for various functions that I found myself buying some of the silly prebuilt color scenes just because I wanted to give the creator the support to keep making a great product. Also, multiple hubs is supported better than Hue does it, though it requires multiple Hue accounts. (Not ICH’s fault.)
Sure, there is plenty more stuff that if could have like a way to create a mode to operate where controls were less “volatile” so guests don’t accidentally change your settings. Also, a comprehensive backup and restore functional would be terrific. Since this app can not control what other apps out in your Hue hub. Sometimes they can mess things up so it would be nice to wipe the hub and restore it from a point in time rather than try to manually “clean it”. Based in past experience, of other uses want this too, the developer will probably get on this because the app is constantly improving.
Worth every in-app purchase!
Developer Response ,
thank you very much for your positive, elaborate review and your support to us through your purchases!
We are happy to hear that you are so satisfied with iConnectHue.
In case there are other features you would like to see besides a backup/restore functionality and guest mode we are happy to listen! Please go to "Contact" in the menu, and then "I have a suggestion". Thanks!
Your iConnectHue Team
Easily the best app for Philips Hue
This is easily the best app for controlling your Philips Hue lights! FAR better, even, than the app from Philips Hue! The ability to create scenes, animations, etc., makes it one or two touches to have your lights do exactly what you want them to do! The apartment I built doesn’t have windows, so I was looking to build a lighting system that could follow the sun in both brightness and color temperature in the built-in “windows” I created to emulate sunrise and sunset and all the stages of lighting throughout the day. The systems I was looking at were going to cost $2,000-$5,000! Then I found Philips Hue and this app. It allows me to do all of that and so much more. I now have my entire house automated with the Hue lights and accessories through this app. The addition of motion detectors and programming to control exactly what I want to happen is incredible. And when I want them to change to something different, one touch of the button is all it takes. Create zones, rooms......whatever you want and have it do whatever you want! Just a great app!!
Developer Response ,
thank you very much for your positive and detailled review!
We are happy to hear that you enjoy our app so much :)
That is one interesting project you have created within the Hueniverse- congrats and thank you for sharing!
In case there are some features you would like to see in the app we are happy to listen! Please go to "Contact" in the menu, and then "I have a suggestion". Thanks!
Your iConnectHue Team
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stefan Gohler
- 41.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 iConnectHue
- In-App Purchases
- Automation $0.99
- Animation Upgrade $2.99
- Discotainment $2.99
- Pro membership 12 months $16.49
- Watch Plus $1.99
- Christmas animation package $1.99
- Widget Editor $1.99
- Multi Bridge $4.99
- Basic membership 12 months $10.99
- Summer delights $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.