Want to light up your Halloween? Our FREE special "Spooky Halloween" package is available until mid November for every user!
This most complete of all Hue apps brings out the best of your Philips Hue lights! Organize your Hue Lamps: Assemble groups for rooms, zones or special purposes. Light up your party, dinner or bedroom in your favorite colors and moods with easy to use drag & drop-functions! Want to go to bed? Just start the integrated sleep timer and close your eyes. Intelligent timers only act when you need them.
Have a Hue compatible switch (Tap, Dimmer, Smart Button, FoH, Wall Switch Module) or Motion Sensor and want more flexibility? Colors, scenes, sleep timers, reminders, brightness, blinking, on/off and even color animations (optional)! Motion sensors can either turned off or return to the last state of inactivity.
Philips made it "app of the month" 5 times: iConnectHue was made to be powerful, but still solves complex tasks with ease. This all comes in a nice clean package. It's possibly the only app you will need for your Philips Hue Lights!
Get more information about all the fantastic possibilities on https://iconnecthue.com/features
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any issues, please contact us! Our team will try hard to solve any problem that you may encounter.
• Full feature set - control almost every aspect of your Hues - and constant updates
• Family focus: Scene sharing, family geofencing (first one turns on the light, last one off - optional), group hiding
• Everything non-music related happens on your bridge - your iPhone can stay off!
• Color animations on the bridge. No more empty batteries, everybody w/ iConnectHue can stop them!
• Create beautiful Magic Scenes, color your home - they work in every group and are super easy to create
• Drag & drop colors from one light to another
• Multiply the possibilities of your switches and Motion Sensors! More flexibility than any other app on market (more: https://iconnecthue.com/features)
• Create the iOS widget you want! Add scenes, switches, sleep timers, reminders, light states and dimmers, motion sensor temperature & more
• Access your lights and timers when not at home
• Intelligent timers: Start them by time and day, by condition (group on/off or presence - w/ optional Automation), use colors & scenes, use random offsets, use sunrise or sunset time
• Instant timers: Darken lights when you go to bed, let your lights remind you, transition to scenes
• Find new lights & devices, add lights from other bridges, update your firmware
• Integrated tutorials and FAQ make it easy to understand the usage and to solve problems
• Supports every Philips Hue hardware and many 3rd party lights
To allow further development, additional modules are available via in app purchase or membership:
• Automation turns off lights when the first arrives and the last left, plus individually by user
• Animation Upgrade for unlimited animations, upload to switches, use them on your Apple Watch, widget & timers
• Discotainment - sync lights to music with Hue Entertainment, make your home a Disco - works with every source thanks to microphone use
• Weekend mode lets your switches and sensors act differently on week vs. weekend
• REAL multi bridge support - control multiple bridges with just one app, without switching
• With Watch Plus you can control your groups, adjust their brightness and load their scenes, start sleep timers
• Additional animation and Magic Scene packages
• Basic: All purchases, adds sharing of Magic Scenes and Animations
• Pro: Like Basic, plus additional features (e.g. group picture and -widget) and allows you to share w/ up to 5 family members of same household
Options & pricing: https://iconnecthue.com/app-options
It's less than a single Hue light. App development costs time and money. Details:
It's the most comprehensive Hue app available:
Hue Bridge v2 required!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
We've been busy as a bee - and now you can see some great, but not yet all, of the results. These are the changes:
Discotainment with Gradient lights (again)
We now support all gradient lights with Discotainment! You should just have the latest bridge firmware installed and may need to turn it on via the menu (three dots), and you should be ready to start!
Halloween will be spooky again!
As usual, we enable our "Spooky Halloween" animation set, this time we've spiced it with some later improvements of our animation engine. The set will - as always - be available until mid of November. In case your gradient lights only show a single color, please try to re-create the Entertainment group.
iConnectHue now uses new functions of your Hue bridge, enabling it to show changes to your lights and devices almost immediately! This was quite some work (it actually allowed Gradient Discotainment), and more will follow for us, since we'll need to update the whole iConnectHue to be compatible with future bridge firmwares.
(Available for all members or w/ 2021-Upgrade)
For the same reasons, we don't support the old round bridge any longer officially - meaning we can't guarantee functionality with it! Currently you can still connect to it, but please understand that this won't be possible for much longer. Please switch immediately to a new bridge to be able to continue to use iConnectHue!.
Our new holiday scenes bring you to far places - even if you stayed in your country this year. (Available for all members or via in app purchase)
Switch to Apple Family Sharing for Pro soon
Apple now allows us to enable their family sharing for our Pro membership, hence we will soon disable Family Sharing via Airdrop and will allow you to use our Pro membership via Apple's Family Sharing. We believe this is the better solution to most of you. Please write us if you think this Family Sharing won't work for you instead of our Airdrop method.
• Quick device lookup by name - swipe down your devices list and start typing (w/ Membership or 2021 upgrade)
• Added support for new light types
• Additional improvements as usual
• Solved problems some of you were having due to the new changes
•• Please give us a positive App Store rating, if you like these changes or want to support iConnectHue. Thank you! ••
If you run into any issues, don’t hesitate, contact us from within the app. You will surely get support! Need a quick check for a question? We also have an elaborate FAQ: https://iconnecthue.com/f-a-q/
Ratings and Reviews
THE Philips Hue App
With the limitations of both the native Hue app, Apple HomeKit, and all of the other comprehensive controllers, this has by far the most features, the best interface, and makes the most out of your Hue and Friends of Hue devices. It also leverages newer iOS tools like Siri, Shortcuts, and Widgets nicely. Finally, it’s very well supported. The price is cheap for various functions that I found myself buying some of the silly prebuilt color scenes just because I wanted to give the creator the support to keep making a great product. Also, multiple hubs is supported better than Hue does it, though it requires multiple Hue accounts. (Not ICH’s fault.)
Sure, there is plenty more stuff that if could have like a way to create a mode to operate where controls were less “volatile” so guests don’t accidentally change your settings. Also, a comprehensive backup and restore functional would be terrific. Since this app can not control what other apps out in your Hue hub. Sometimes they can mess things up so it would be nice to wipe the hub and restore it from a point in time rather than try to manually “clean it”. Based in past experience, of other uses want this too, the developer will probably get on this because the app is constantly improving.
Worth every in-app purchase!
Developer Response ,
thank you very much for your positive, elaborate review and your support to us through your purchases!
We are happy to hear that you are so satisfied with iConnectHue.
In case there are other features you would like to see besides a backup/restore functionality and guest mode we are happy to listen! Please go to "Contact" in the menu, and then "I have a suggestion". Thanks!
Your iConnectHue Team
Still and always the best
I am up to 28 hue lights at my house since getting my first two in 2015. This is by far the best app for managing and using them. Even though Philips improved their free app a couple of years ago, it’s still not nearly as easy to use as iConnectHue. I know because my mom only has five hue lights and she still uses the Philips app, so I do too when I stay at her house. This is a great developer who is constantly improving his app, updating it, making sure it stays bug free as the iOS versions roll out, and coming up with creative new fun things to do with it. The intuitive visual user interface is a genuine pleasure to use both to control lights and to make scenes and Siri Shortcuts. It’s very well worth the money, and the add-ons like the watch app. FYI, the watch app ran too slowly for me to be very useful until I got a series 5. If you would spend as much as $50 for one friggin lightbulb, why not spend five dollars to be able to make the easiest and best use of it? You do get what you pay for, and the Philips app is free. Get what I’m saying?
Developer Response ,
thank you very much for you elaborate review and support throughout all the years!
We are very happy to hear that we are able to persuade you for such a long time, and that you enjoy our new developments and little tweaks :)
The developer was quite happy to hear the praise ;)
Your iConnectHue Team
Easily the best app for Philips Hue
This is easily the best app for controlling your Philips Hue lights! FAR better, even, than the app from Philips Hue! The ability to create scenes, animations, etc., makes it one or two touches to have your lights do exactly what you want them to do! The apartment I built doesn’t have windows, so I was looking to build a lighting system that could follow the sun in both brightness and color temperature in the built-in “windows” I created to emulate sunrise and sunset and all the stages of lighting throughout the day. The systems I was looking at were going to cost $2,000-$5,000! Then I found Philips Hue and this app. It allows me to do all of that and so much more. I now have my entire house automated with the Hue lights and accessories through this app. The addition of motion detectors and programming to control exactly what I want to happen is incredible. And when I want them to change to something different, one touch of the button is all it takes. Create zones, rooms......whatever you want and have it do whatever you want! Just a great app!!
Developer Response ,
thank you very much for your positive and detailled review!
We are happy to hear that you enjoy our app so much :)
That is one interesting project you have created within the Hueniverse- congrats and thank you for sharing!
In case there are some features you would like to see in the app we are happy to listen! Please go to "Contact" in the menu, and then "I have a suggestion". Thanks!
Your iConnectHue Team
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stefan Gohler
- 39 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 iConnectHue
- In-App Purchases
- Automation $0.99
- Animation Upgrade $2.99
- Discotainment $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.