iConnectHue will bring out the best of your Philips Hue lights! Organize your Hue Lamps: Assemble groups for rooms, zones or special purposes. Light up your party, dinner or bedroom in your favorite colors and moods with easy to use drag & drop-functions! Want to go to bed? Just start up the integrated sleep timer and close your eyes. Intelligent timers only act when you need them.
Have a Hue compatible switch (Tap, Dimmer, Smart Button, FoH) or Motion Sensor and want more flexibility? Colors, scenes, sleep timers, reminders, brightness, blinking, on/off and even color animations (optional)! The motion sensor can either turn off or return to the last state of inactivity.
Philips made it "app of the month" 5 times: iConnectHue was made to be powerful, but still solves complex tasks with ease. This all comes in a nice clean package. It's possibly the only app you will need for your Philips Hue Lights!
Get more information about all the fantastic possibilities on https://iconnecthue.com
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any issues, please contact us! Our team will try hard to solve any problem that you may encounter.
• Full feature set - control almost every aspect of your hues - and constant updates
• Constant updates
• Family focus: Scene sharing, family geofencing (first one turns on the light, last one off - optional), group hiding (animation sharing requires same iCloud account)
• Everything non-music related happens on your bridge - your iPhone can stay off!
• Color animations on the bridge. No more empty batteries, everybody w/ iConnectHue can stop them!
• Create beautiful Magic Scenes, color your home - they work in every group and are super easy to create
• Drag & drop colors from one light to another
• Multiply the possibilities of your switches and Motion Sensors! More flexibility than any other app on the market (more: https://iconnecthue.com/features)
• Create the iOS widget you want! Add scenes, switches, sleep timers, reminders, light states and dimmers, motion sensor temperature and more
• Access your lights and timers when not at home
• Intelligent timers: Start them by time and day, by condition (group on/off or presence - w/ optional Automation), use colors & scenes, use random offsets, at sunrise or sunset time
• Instant timers: Darken lights when you go to bed, let your lights remind you (blink), transition to scenes
• Include your Living Colors / Living whites and 3rd party lights into your Hue system - iConnectHue can find most of them via Touchlink!
• Find new lights & devices, add lights from other bridges, update your firmware
• Integrated tutorials and FAQ make it easy to understand the usage and to solve problems
• Supports every Philips Hue hardware and most, if not all 3rd party lights
To allow further development, additional modules are available via in-app-purchase or membership:
• Automation turns off lights when the first arrives and the last left, plus individually by user
• Animation Upgrade for unlimited animations, upload to switches, use them on your Apple Watch, widget & timers
• Discotainment - sync your lights to music with Hue Entertainment and make your home a Disco
• REAL multi bridge support - control multiple bridges with just one app, without switching
• With Watch Plus you can control your groups, adjust their brightness and load their scenes, start sleep timers
• Additional animation and Magic Scene packages
• Basic: All purchases, adds sharing of Magic Scenes and Animations
• Pro: Like Basic, plus additional features (e.g. group picture and -widget) and allows you to share w/ up to 5 family members of same household
Worldwide membership prices: https://iconnecthue.com/pricing/
It's less than a single Hue light. App development costs time and money. Details:
It's the most comprehensive Hue app available:
Hue Bridge required!
A new year has just begun, but we already have a lot of great new things for you:
You can now enable Hue Dimmer, Smart Button and Lutron Aurora to handle your long press actions exclusively - so that on long press, the short press actions aren't activated. Just go to the long press actions and activate the long press to be exclusively.
Light migration wizard (Pro)
Have an old light you'd like to replace with a new one, but it's complicated?
The wizard can transfer the old light's settings for all your groups, scenes, widget, name and and startup mode settings, as well as timers. Simply go to the lights, and press the wizard button on the top left to start the process.
If you migrate from an old light with limited colors, iConnectHue will recalculate your scenes so the new lights have the same colors!
Are you at your bridge scenes limit?
In your bridge settings you can now clean up scenes to make space of this precious resource. Tick the type of scenes youâ€™d like to clean up and let it run. The resources page now also lists available scenes.
Widget entry renaming
You can now name your widget items the way you want. Long press a name in the table below your items and name it. Deleting the name returns to the automatically generated name.
Make your spacers a headline to sort your widget - they can be named as well and become a headline once named.
If you have Pro and hence the Widget available on your watch, the names will be there as well.
Multiple daylight timers per group
If you want to split sunrise and sunset actions for week and weekends, or want to switch between multiple settings by enabling/disabling them, you can now do so. Each group now allows for multiple daylight timers.
(requires an up to date bridge firmware)
Random scene shake
Shake in your scene, Magic Scene or animation view to activate a random scene!
Also: Once you've activated a Magic Scene, tap on the icon to randomize it.
Several other improvements
We've made several other improvements as well. Here they are:
• More accurate drag & drop colors between old and new lights
• The Celsius/Fahrenheit setting in iOS is now used (You can change it under iOS' Settings->General->Language and Region)
• Added support for new Immax and Innr lights
• More Hue lights recognized (Your icon is still missing? Write us and name the light!)
• Disabling things now means to swipe right - on devices and timers you now need to swipe right to reveal "disable", fully swipe right to quickly en/disable things
• Timers usually take less resources
• Solved an issue with fading randomized timers (please delete these and set them up again)
As always we have improved the app in several details. But why explain something that you'll likely never stumble upon again from now on? We hope you enjoy this new release of iConnectHue! If you find anything suspicious, let us know!
• Added support for latest bridge API
• Added support for secure local connection (enable it in iConnectHue's settings)
•• Please give us a good App Store rating, if you like these changes or want to support iConnectHue. Thank you! ••
If you run into any issues, don’t hesitate and use the contact function in the app. You will surely get support! If you need a quick check for a question, we also have an elaborate FAQ: https://iconnecthue.com/f-a-q/
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
THE Philips Hue App
With the limitations of both the native Hue app, Apple HomeKit, and all of the other comprehensive controllers, this has by far the most features, the best interface, and makes the most out of your Hue and Friends of Hue devices. It also leverages newer iOS tools like Siri, Shortcuts, and Widgets nicely. Finally, it’s very well supported. The price is cheap for various functions that I found myself buying some of the silly prebuilt color scenes just because I wanted to give the creator the support to keep making a great product. Also, multiple hubs is supported better than Hue does it, though it requires multiple Hue accounts. (Not ICH’s fault.)
Sure, there is plenty more stuff that if could have like a way to create a mode to operate where controls were less “volatile” so guests don’t accidentally change your settings. Also, a comprehensive backup and restore functional would be terrific. Since this app can not control what other apps out in your Hue hub. Sometimes they can mess things up so it would be nice to wipe the hub and restore it from a point in time rather than try to manually “clean it”. Based in past experience, of other uses want this too, the developer will probably get on this because the app is constantly improving.
Worth every in-app purchase!
Easily the best app for Philips Hue
This is easily the best app for controlling your Philips Hue lights! FAR better, even, than the app from Philips Hue! The ability to create scenes, animations, etc., makes it one or two touches to have your lights do exactly what you want them to do! The apartment I built doesn’t have windows, so I was looking to build a lighting system that could follow the sun in both brightness and color temperature in the built-in “windows” I created to emulate sunrise and sunset and all the stages of lighting throughout the day. The systems I was looking at were going to cost $2,000-$5,000! Then I found Philips Hue and this app. It allows me to do all of that and so much more. I now have my entire house automated with the Hue lights and accessories through this app. The addition of motion detectors and programming to control exactly what I want to happen is incredible. And when I want them to change to something different, one touch of the button is all it takes. Create zones, rooms......whatever you want and have it do whatever you want! Just a great app!!
I feel like whoever designed this just said, “you know what? I’m gonna to just put these buttons everywhere. Then I’ll assign cryptic icons to them with little to no explanation”. At least they don’t refer to it as intuitive. And good, cause it’s not. At all. You’ll have to spend a good long while just farting around with what each section does, then more time trying to figure out how to apply it to one or more areas, then more time if you want to learn how to do any “animations”. Then more money of course if you want to use any of those. Oh, then more time trying to figure out how to organize your “custom” “animations”. I bet you could take a room full of 10 adults and spend more than 4 hours teaching them how to use this app, and they’d come out of there still not being a “pro level user”. It’s just so tedious. The good news is, when you do get it down, it does do the most things with your lights and switches. Though I still find myself using the Hue app just because it’s faster, easier, and I can hand it to a visitor and they can use it without a 2 hour tutorial.
Developer Response ,
thank you for your review.
We're always more than happy to listen to your proposals how we can improve our app.
Do you maybe have some ideas for us how we could organize it more intuitively? Please write us from inside the app by selecting "Contact" in the menu, and then "I have a suggestion". Thank you!
Regarding the button icons: we have added a short text or info sentence to almost every icon - only in the group view it is missing, but there they will become visible once you tap anywhere. Could you maybe elaborate which icon is confusing?
Furthermore, we have also added a few tutorials on our website:
It might be especially helpful for creating your own animations. We want to give you the full functionality Hue has to offer, and thus included many options to create an animation exactly as you like - which could seem a bit too much at the very first time.
But if further questions should arise we also offer an extensive FAQ:
And if something is still open, our support team is also there to help you. You can also contact it via "Contact" in the menu, and then "I have a question".
We hope you're still having fun with iConnectHue!
Your iConnectHue Team
- Stefan Gohler
- 45 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Crossfire Designs
- In-App Purchases
- Automation $0.99
- Widget Editor $0.99
- Watch Plus $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.