Tidy up your Hue lights: Organize them in groups, let them light up in your favorite colors, depending on where you are and how you feel. Want to go to bed? Just start up the integrated sleep timer and close your eyes. Have got Hue Tap or Dimmer, or Friends of Hue and want more flexibility? Colors, scenes, sleep timers, brightness, blinking, on/off and (with animation editor purchase) even color animations! The motion sensor can turn off or return to the last state on inactivity.
Apply colors to your group, drag & drop them, or save them as favorite.
iConnectHue is available separately for the iPhone! Search for iConnectHue!
iConnectHue was made to be powerful, but still to solves complex tasks with relative ease to use. This all comes in a nice clean package! It's possibly the only Hue app you will need.
More information on https://iconnecthue.com
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any issues, consider contacting support instead of giving a negative rating - most times your issues can be solved or answered. A rating will not get your app back to work, but the support can help - simply use the integrated contact function.
Only iPad HD version:
• Scene browser lets you easily create and choose your scenes
• Portrait and landscape mode as well as multitasking support
• Groups controllable even in grid mode - drag & drop colors between groups!
• Full feature set - control almost every aspect of your Hues - and constant updates
• Family focus: Scene sharing, family geofencing (first one turns on the light, last one off - in app purchase), light & group order, group hiding (animation sharing only on devices with same iCloud account)
• Upload color animations to your bridge. No more empty iPhone batteries, and everybody with iConnectHue can stop them!
• Create beautiful magic scenes, which can be used in every group
• Drag & drop colors from one light to another
• Everything non-music related happens on your bridge - iPad can be turned off!
• Multiply the possibilities of your Switches and Motion sensor! iConnectHue offers you more flexibility than any other app one the market (details on feature page of iconnecthue.com)
• Group colors can be stored as a scene, light colors as a favorite
• Access your lights and timers when not at home
• Create timers with colors and scenes, each day or certain days, with or without random offset, at sunrise or sunset time
• Create the iOS widget you want! Add scenes, switches, a shortcut to the sleep timer, light states and dimmers
• Instant timers: Darken lights when you go to bed, let your lights remind you (blink), transition
• Include your Living Colors / Living whites and 3rd party lights into your Hue system - iConnectHue can find most of them via Touchlink!
• Find new lights, new devices, add lights from other bridges, update your bridge and lights firmware
• Integrated help and FAQ make it easy to understand the usage and to solve problems (if not, just send a feedback)
• Supports every Philips Hue hardware and most if not all 3rd party lights
To allow further development, additional modules are available via in-app-purchase:
• Automation turns off lights when the first arrives and the last left
• Discotainment - sync your lights to music with Hue Entertainment and make your home a Disco
• Animation Upgrade for unlimited own animations, upload to switches, use them on your Apple Watch, widget & timers
• REAL multi bridge support - control multiple bridges with just one app, without switching between them
• Additional animation and Magic Scene packages
• All in app purchases shared with iPad version, if same iTunes and iCloud account used
This all comes in a nice clean package, that is easy to use! This is possibly the only Hue app you will need.
Requires a Hue bridge!
Interested why there's a separate iPad version? Have a look here:
• Solved an issue where iConnectHue could not connect to a bridge with latest API 1.35 due to undocumented bridge firmware changes
• Hooray, it's almost Halloween - there's the FREE "Spooky Halloween" animation set available just for you - until mid November
• Solved some problems some of you were experiencing - thanks for telling us!
• We’ve updated some things to work around iOS 13 specific issues - you can write us feedback again!
• We’ve added support for the Hue plug, more filament lights, and the new Innr GU 10 color spot
• Solved some problems you were reporting - thanks for doing this!
What's round, can be twisted and clicks when squeezed?
Nope, no mouse. It's the Lutron Aurora!
We've added support for it. And when we say "support", this means you can fully find and manage this device with iConnectHue, in all its details!
It supports short and long press like the Hue Dimmer on its switch, and the middle button can be configured like any other switch. Up to five actions can be done per press or rotation, so up to 5 groups are possible.
As you know from other devices, you can do these things with the middle button:
• Alternations like multiple presses, time slots, day/night and group "on" state (only short press)
• Fade times for each action can be set
• Up to 5 actions per button press - colors, scenes, Magic Scenes, and (optionally) animations, blink alerts, sleep timers, motion sensor cancel, group and light on/off
On turning, you can
• Turn on/brighten or lower brightness
• Cancel motion sensors
We have reviewed it already in our list of supported devices, and it's a nice one:
We also have done several more things:
• Added support for new Innr filament bulbs - tested here: https://iconnecthue.com/supported-devices/#innr
• Added support for new Hue GU10 lights: https://iconnecthue.com/supported-devices/#hueGU10
• Solved several problems you were reporting - thanks for doing this!
This update is free for you. As always we have improved the app in several details. But why explain something that you'll likely never stumble upon again from now on? We hope you enjoy this new release of iConnectHue! If you find anything suspicious, let us know!
•• Please give us five stars in the App Store, if you like these changes or want to support iConnectHue. Thank you! ••
If you run into any issues, don’t hesitate and use the contact function in the app. You will surely get support! If you need a quick check for a question, we also have an elaborate FAQ: https://iconnecthue.com/f-a-q/
Ratings and Reviews
Agreed - the best
No brainer. Buy it. I spent a lot of time and money the past four years before finding this app. I never use the old ones any more and barely use the Philips app. Believe me I tried all of them.
It takes a little time to figure it all out but this app does what others try but fail to deliver. It works and it makes sense.
I spend time tweaking scenes for my music room with a growing collection of Hue lights and strips. I even have a strip inside my grand piano. Guests are always stunned and for me playing music the Hue lights set the right mood.
We use both color and white Hue bulbs across multiple rooms and also have the four button dimmer for seven scene presets. We even move the lights onto the porch every year for Halloween which adds a huge boost to our spooky factors.
My only complaint is the cost of the bulbs and the less rich colors in greens and oranges. But that’s not the app.
My wife thought Hue was a little hokey at first. Now she loves it too.
*The* Go-To Hue app
Just do it. This app is so easy to use, so well maintained and so well documented! It just about replaces the “official Hue app”.
I find myself only going to the Hue app to check something or occasionally to make or change a setting that I’m confused about.
This brings up a bit of a problem with the Hue system. To me there seem to be too many apps with their “fingerprints” on the bridge - like Hue, this app, Apple Home and Alexa. Good grief! What a mess that is. Too many apps can write data to the bridge so, while trouble shooting, deciphering what’s there is hard to do. It’s difficult to know where a setting came from or is ultimately controlled.
I’d much rather just use this app. It’s the clearest and easiest to use.
I am deleting the app because of the wording of this update
Frankly, I buy all of the "in app" purchases with the app. I find the piecemeal assembly of the developer's complete app a frustrating business model. I buy all available additions with the app as I said a sentence ago - but, this wizard of a developer made an error in his last release and did not charge enough money to make his app "fully functional" - and, with this update he is turning off some of the app's functions and requires additional payment.
I don't know if my app is effected by this - but I don't care: retroactive fee increases just chap my hide.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sure though it is a misunderstanding. It's not easy to find a wording that fits for everybody. Though the "wizard" is a person, too, and is able to communicate ;)
What is the case: The problem existed for less than two days, only a few users have been affected in this time range and, even if you had the impression, will never affect ANY of your purchases you have made yet. They will still be there after the update.
If you like it or not, it's not possible to sell updates via the app store. But this app is always kept up to date and always being worked on - for 4.5 years already. I'm sure you also don't want to work for free, neither do I. This is why the app has some in app purchases.
While they are there, and I'm happy you purchased some, you are not forced to do so. I'm sure you don't even need all of them. This problem is also described in more detail on this page:
Thanks for your investment and don't worry about the update. In case you run into any problems, please use the contact method from iConnectHue's menu and I'm sure we will find a way to sort them out.
- Stefan Gohler
- 36 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2019 by Crossfire Designs
- In-App Purchases
- Automation $0.99
- Widget Editor $0.99
- Multi Bridge $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.