ID Font Catalog 4+
Foil, Graphics, & More
You must own a copy of InDesign (CS6, or CC thru 2021) to use this application.
Have you ever wanted a really compact font sample for your collection of fonts? Tired of wading through hundreds of pages of samples generated by programs that can't group all fonts of a family together? ID Font Catalog uses Adobe InDesign® to intelligently create a sample of each font family, but only of the primary font style, and makes a smaller listing of the other styles like text-bold, italic, compressed, etc.
ID Font Catalog is THE ONLY font catalog program available that groups fonts in their family. Look at smarter font samples, not more!
• Lists the styles of each font family in that style (ie, Font-bold is boldface of that font, Font-italic is the italic style)
• Creates a "Single Paragraph" style listing, fitting from 3 to 15 or more fonts on a page, including every style of the font
• Creates a "Waterfall" style listing with a paragraph of text, the font styles, and sample font sentence in sizes from 8 to 72pt
• 3 custom template styles showing text in blocks or in display
• Automatically creates bookmarks and page numbers so when exported to a PDF, specific fonts can be searched even more quickly
• Ability to skip non-Roman and Apple "system" fonts and the other most common system fonts
• User definable Font Skip List
• Import/ Export/ Append a Font Skip List using a simple text file
• Option to create page titles & page numbers
• Customizable character samples & sample sentences (ie, The quick brown fox, or Cozy lummox, simple ABC & abc, or your own sentence or string of letters)
• 240 Pangrams (sentence using all 26 characters of the alphabet) built in
• Modify the catalog when done using paragraph styles to alter the entire layout easily
IDFC does not load or activate fonts, it only catalogs them. It is not a font manager. Compatible with OSX 10.10 and up.
Fixed issue with Skip List not loading. Min MacOS version is 10.10
Ratings and Reviews
Issue With System Font
UPDATE: I was able to pinpoint the font and uninstall it. After doing so I was able to create my library font book. Turned out great. I also purchaased his Image Catalog Software and was even better.
I purchased this app because I have used it in the past. I've added a bunch more fonts to my library and thought I would try this again. Unfortunately one of the system fonts on my mac is causing an issue, (Noto). I can't find a way to contact the developer to ask him if there's a solution or work around. I'm hoping he will read this and send a solution.
Developer Response ,
Hi bjw_runner, Sorry I didn't see this for several months. I'd like to help if I can. Sadly, no developer gets "notifications" of reviews on the AppStore. In the app's Help Menu is "email developer" and you can use that, or the "Support" button in the Mac App Store will take you to my website, or the About menu in the app has an email address and web address. Please write as much detail as you can, take screenshots of any error messages, and keep any document that was created so I can try to troubleshoot. I'll say it's gotten increasingly difficult to keep up with what fonts the OS installs. Thanks and hope to hear from you.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chris Paveglio
- 7.8 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Chris Paveglio
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.