Ever had your wallet stolen and wanted to know how to protect yourself right away? Or need help tracking all the details of your identity theft case? The ID Theft Help by the Identity Theft Resource Center Nonprofit app offers you FREE identity theft resources to measure your risk score and help recover from identity theft.
Supported by a grant through the Department of Justice, the ID Theft Help App can connect you to an expert identity theft advisor through live-chat and toll-free dial, who can offer you personalized assistance tailored to your specific identity theft case.
Additional features include a quiz to assess your risk level, resources to educate you on best practices to protect your identity, and a case log feature that allows you to track all of your steps in resolving your identity theft case. The free identity theft advice and resources featured in our app will provide you with identity theft tips and steps to help to minimize your risk of identity theft in the future.
- Easily connect with an Identity Theft Information Specialist for free identity theft help by live-chat or toll-free dial right on your mobile device.
- Track your time from dealing with your identity theft case and save notes as an exportable PDF should you need to provide proof
- Receive notifications about recent identity threats like data breaches, breach settlements, new scams, etc. as well as reminders for good identity hygiene
- Verified contact details for important agencies and companies you may need to inform about your identity theft case
- Access additional resources and identity theft tips to protect your identity in the future
- Take identity theft quizzes to test your knowledge
- Upload your Bitmoji or custom image as your avatar
- Earn badges for completing identity hygiene tasks
Learn more on our website www.idtheftcenter.org
Have a question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The ITRC is a non-profit organization established in 1999 to empower and guide consumers, victims, businesses and government to minimize risk and mitigate the impact of identity compromise and crime.
This product was produced by the Identity Theft Resource Center and supported by grant number 2014-XV-BX-K003, awarded by the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this product are those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.
Fixed a few bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Resources section does not launch
iOS 14.6. Clicking on any of the resources buttons minimizes the app and dumps me to Home Screen. What was the aim here?
No common contacts in the case log.
Interface a bit clunky, when you click on the “I” you have to slide the screen down vs. having an obvious exit like an “x” in upper right corner.
Great idea. Love the effort. And that someone is trying to fill this space…especially with how much distress identity theft can cause.
Is this a real app or a real joke?
I downloaded this app through the Apple Store about 24 hours ago. So far, NONE of the screens or flipped pages let me select any of the information options displayed.
Whoever thought of requiring a new user to first create an avatar and answer a childlike quiz has clearly never had their identity stolen. This “app” is enraging.
App doesn’t even work
The app crashes every single time I try to access the resource tab. Whenever I hit a topic to try and learn more, the app completely crashes and closes out. Not sure how much of a “resource” this is if users get kicked out of the app every time they try to learn more about how to protect their identity...
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Identity Theft Resource Center
- 12.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2020 - Identity Theft Resource Center
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.